New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
THE PARABLE OF THE POPCORN

1. Behold, at the time of harvest the ears of corn did bring forth kernels which were dried and prepared for the popper's hand. And then it was that the popper did take the kernels, all of which appeared alike unto him, and did apply the oil and the heat.

2. And it came to pass that when the heat was on, some did explode with promise and did magnify themselves a hundred fold, and some did burst forth with whiteness which did both gladden the eye and satisfy the taste of the popper. And likewise, some others did pop somewhat.

3. But lo, there were some that did just lie there, and even though the popper's heat was alike unto all, they did bask in the warmth of the oil and kept everything they had for themselves.

4. And so it came to pass that those which had given of themselves did bring joy and delight to many munchers, but those which kept of the warmth and did not burst forth were fit only to be cast out into the pail and were thought of with hardness and disgust.

5. And thus we see that in the beginning all appear alike, but when the heat is on, some come forth and give their all, while others fail to pop and become as chaff to be discarded and forgotten.

Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard
For more stories visit my external website on my home page.

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How absolutely true Richard

And then I remember that some popcorn I buy is like that and other brands of popcorn have very little waste and that popcorn always costs more.
It cost the life of Gods' Son..:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums