The Obama Administration is Organizing. . . What?

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw something worthy of Germany in the 1930′s in today’s Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times):
White House Works to Shape Debate Over Health Law By ROBERT PEAR Published: March 9, 2012 [...] On Wednesday, White House officials summoned dozens of leaders of nonprofit organizations that strongly back the health law to help them coordinate plans for a prayer vigil, press conferences and other events outside the court when justices hear arguments for three days beginning March 26. [...]
A prayer vigil?

In the face of the Obama Administration obdurate will to force violations of conscience through their HHS mandate I call on the USCCB to organize prayer vigils for the awakening of the reason and conscience of the American people, and rousing of their awareness about the cliff to which we are being driven.

One of these days we will see a shift from blatant Kulturkampf to Kirchenkampf, the battle of the American Patriotic Catholic Association under its leader against the Holy Catholic Church. Parish priests: If you hear about some prayer rally organized by enemies of the Church and the 1st Amendment, please think about organizing your own “rally”, perhaps in the form of Exposition with a sermon and confessions.

Continued- http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/03/the-obama-administration-is-organizing-what/

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue regarding the health care law that is going before the Supreme Court has absolutely nothing to do with the HHS mandate, which is a minor side issue.

It is absolutely appropriate to pray for a law under conservative attack, because in doing so, you are praying for the lives of forty million people who could die without it.

You are also praying for the survival of Catholic hospitals in inner cities and poor rural areas, who will go bankrupt without it.

It is absolutely honorable to pray for the lives of these forty million people and the survival of these beleaguered hospitals who survive without a penny of help from dioceses and bishops who try to micromanage them and throw roadblocks in their way.

If the bishops are ethically consistent, they should join in this prayer vigil, and fight for the very minor change later.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No wonder why "Father Z" doesn't put his real name to the trash he publishes on his blog....

"Hell's Bible?" Puh-lease.

I am surprised that his bishop doesn't tell him to cool it with this offensive tripe.

He is an embarrassment.

He has no problem publishing his name. It's in the upper right-hand corner of the page. He also says it in every "PodcaZt."

He's a liturgical genius but his politics leave much to be desired.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To which deity will Obama and his minions be praying?

Moloch, perhaps? The ancient Canaanites used to sacrifice children to Moloch, and Obama & Crew, in a like manner, staunchly support shoveling more infants into the maw of legalized abortion.

Yes.....Moloch, I believe, would probably be most fitting.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Moloch, perhaps? The ancient Canaanites used to sacrifice children to Moloch, and Obama & Crew, in a like manner, staunchly support shoveling more infants into the maw of legalized abortion.

You are right, it does seem fitting.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:crossrc:

Lord help us. Please. :wave:

Lord help 40 million people muddle through life without health insurance?

What kind of prayer is that?

This case has nothing to do with HHS mandates on contraception, but it would damage the universality of health care by making it optional...

So those who wanted to play roulette with their lives (i.e. the young and healthy) would forego health care and come limping in, crying, whining, and complaining, when they are old and sick....

Health care will never work unless there is a balance between the young and healthy and the old and sick.

I think that a prayer to rain down pain and suffering on innocent people is one that God wouldn't honor.

Upvote 0