1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

The Obama Administration is Organizing. . . What?

Discussion in 'OBOB General Politics Forum' started by Michie, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I saw something worthy of Germany in the 1930′s in today’s Hell’s Bible (aka The New York Times):
    White House Works to Shape Debate Over Health Law By ROBERT PEAR Published: March 9, 2012 [...] On Wednesday, White House officials summoned dozens of leaders of nonprofit organizations that strongly back the health law to help them coordinate plans for a prayer vigil, press conferences and other events outside the court when justices hear arguments for three days beginning March 26. [...]
    A prayer vigil?

[​IMG]

In the face of the Obama Administration obdurate will to force violations of conscience through their HHS mandate I call on the USCCB to organize prayer vigils for the awakening of the reason and conscience of the American people, and rousing of their awareness about the cliff to which we are being driven.

Continued- http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/03/the-obama-administration-is-organizing-what/

2. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    The issue regarding the health care law that is going before the Supreme Court has absolutely nothing to do with the HHS mandate, which is a minor side issue.

It is absolutely appropriate to pray for a law under conservative attack, because in doing so, you are praying for the lives of forty million people who could die without it.

You are also praying for the survival of Catholic hospitals in inner cities and poor rural areas, who will go bankrupt without it.

It is absolutely honorable to pray for the lives of these forty million people and the survival of these beleaguered hospitals who survive without a penny of help from dioceses and bishops who try to micromanage them and throw roadblocks in their way.

If the bishops are ethically consistent, they should join in this prayer vigil, and fight for the very minor change later.

3. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    No wonder why "Father Z" doesn't put his real name to the trash he publishes on his blog....

"Hell's Bible?" Puh-lease.

I am surprised that his bishop doesn't tell him to cool it with this offensive tripe.

He is an embarrassment.

4. Needing_Grace

Needing_Grace Chief of Sinners

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    He has no problem publishing his name. It's in the upper right-hand corner of the page. He also says it in every "PodcaZt."

He's a liturgical genius but his politics leave much to be desired.

5. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    To which deity will Obama and his minions be praying?

Moloch, perhaps? The ancient Canaanites used to sacrifice children to Moloch, and Obama & Crew, in a like manner, staunchly support shoveling more infants into the maw of legalized abortion.

Yes.....Moloch, I believe, would probably be most fitting.

6. AMDG

AMDG Tenderized for Christ

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    You are right, it does seem fitting.

7. SharonL

SharonL Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. KatherineS

KatherineS New Member

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I will be there at the prayer vigil.

9. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I will pray at home, or if a gathering is formed in my community.

10. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Catholic
  11. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Lord help 40 million people muddle through life without health insurance?

What kind of prayer is that?

This case has nothing to do with HHS mandates on contraception, but it would damage the universality of health care by making it optional...

So those who wanted to play roulette with their lives (i.e. the young and healthy) would forego health care and come limping in, crying, whining, and complaining, when they are old and sick....

Health care will never work unless there is a balance between the young and healthy and the old and sick.

I think that a prayer to rain down pain and suffering on innocent people is one that God wouldn't honor.

12. KatherineS

KatherineS New Member

Marital Status:
    Widow/Widower
    Faith:
    Catholic
    I think I will bring my favorite rosary to pray for our President and health care for all.