Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I once had every edition of the NRA's magazine dating to the late 1800s (before it was formally founded, actually. The mag was Arms and The Man, Hunting and Fishing, and Finally American Rifleman, which is still being published). They were once an organization dedicated primarily to riflery and sportsmanship. They often supported for the passing of reasonable gun control legislation. It was only after they transitioned into a primarily political activist organisation in the 1970s and 1980s that they started overt politicking as a primary function though.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is. I should see if any of the few old magazines I have left are suitable for framing....
You really should! I have a whole collection of various old magazine with some really cool stuff in them.i have not removed anything from them though. I have hunting, fishing, Hollywood, auto, etc. If I get a chance, I'll try to take a few pics.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I thought it was a cute piece for a man cave or hunting cabin.

Cute and man cave do not go together, Michie! :p:D

Interesting side thought: we're so blessed in our country - a country that, as a whole, has turned its back on God - that we can have the luxury of a man cave while deeply religious locations in Africa and the middle east are so poor and facing so much physical persecution that they are living in actual caves.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very, very true. We should stop complaining so much. Count our blessings and concentrate on giving what we can to help others. And yes, cute and man cave go together! :p Seriously we should count our blessings because we are blessed here in the US despite our problems.
Cute and man cave do not go together, Michie! :p:D

Interesting side thought: we're so blessed in our country - a country that, as a whole, has turned its back on God - that we can have the luxury of a man cave while deeply religious locations in Africa and the middle east are so poor and facing so much physical persecution that they are living in actual caves.

Upvote 0