The No-Debate Free Zone Fellowship

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The sole purpose of this thread is for fellowship only. Please refrain from any debates or arguments over theology, church doctrines or scripture interpretations. Please keep the conversation light and drama free. Please be civil and respectful of the other people posting in this thread, even if you disagree with them. I would like to thank you, in advance, for your understanding and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy this thread and your time here is blessed.

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hello awitch! No, no flooding here, thank goodness.

We had a really nasty storm blow in on us unexpectedly yesterday afternoon though, thought the wind was going to blow the roof right off our house.

Fortunately, it was gone almost as fast as it hit. It was really bad.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My favorite books consist of Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings, and the Chronicles of Narnia.

I think they are my favorite books because they are my kids' favorite books, and we read them quite often.

That reminds me of a time when my kids were younger and some friends at work asked me what movies I have seen recently. Lion king, Schreck, Little Mermaid, Hunchback of Notre Dame pretty all children’s cartoons. They asked if I saw “grown up” movies and I replied “I have three kids, you just don’t go to grown up movies”.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
That reminds me of a time when my kids were younger and some friends at work asked me what movies I have seen recently. Lion king, Schreck, Little Mermaid, Hunchback of Notre Dame pretty all children’s cartoons. They asked if I saw “grown up” movies and I replied “I have three kids, you just don’t go to grown up movies”.

Ha ha ha... I can so relate to that.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
My whole family and I are fans of Harry Potter, love the books and the movies. We even integrated the Hogwarts experience in our own homeschooling, which includes my kids wanting to be sorted into one of the houses (we have an actual sorting hat), earning house points, having a house cup, and naming our subjects after Hogwarts classes. We have been doing this since my older kids were younger and still in school. My younger kids never seem to get tired of it and my older kids still help out with it, so it's a lot of fun, with lots of imagination, and it's become a family tradition I guess. On a side note, all of my kids, including my younger ones, know it's all pretend and not real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

If if you think those are just "children's cartoons" then you obviously didn't watch them right. <Scoffs like Napoleon Dynamite>

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If if you think those are just "children's cartoons" then you obviously didn't watch them right. <Scoffs like Napoleon Dynamite>

Oh, I knew. It was funny, my kids would laugh at some part of the “cartoon” and so would I, but it wasn’t the same thing we were laughing at. There are all old enough now that I have shown them all the Adult themes that I was laughing at.

Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Newest book read: David Limbaugh, Jesus on Trial. David was my neighbor for 4 1/2 years.

That's my latest too. It's so long though that even though I checked it out twice at the public library, I didn't make it all the way through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's my latest too. It's so long though that even though I checked it out twice at the public library, I didn't make it all the way through.

I am mentioned several times in the book (p.340)

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Hello awitch! No, no flooding here, thank goodness.

We had a really nasty storm blow in on us unexpectedly yesterday afternoon though, thought the wind was going to blow the roof right off our house.

Fortunately, it was gone almost as fast as it hit. It was really bad.

You heard about the house that came off of its stilt's floated down the raging river? They still haven't found six of the people that were in it. One guy who did survive was found nine miles downstream.

Upvote 0