squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The United States with it's wide spread fornication adultery and sin fits the bill to me. It exports sex all over the earth.

What says the forum?

The best advice I've heard:

2 John 1:
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves

Upvote 0

rahmiyn

Glad to be here :)
Mar 24, 2009
Florida
✟9,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Does the Bible say there will be a "new" Babylon? Modern Babylon is Iraq. If Christians comprise the Bride of Christ, then who would be the prostitute in this scenario? I would think the term symbolizes a false religious group that sells itself to the world.

If Babylon of Revelations is not a place, then it symbolizes a body of people who seek to draw Christ's true bride away from God into spiritual prostitution.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The United States with it's wide spread fornication adultery and sin fits the bill to me. It exports sex all over the earth.

What says the forum?
Well since this is on the US, I vote San Francisco as the "Great Prostitute". And if you believe that......I have a bridge for sale.........

SEX TRAFFICKING – San Francisco Major Center – International Crime Networks Smuggle And Enslave Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

Many of San Francisco’s Asian massage parlors — long an established part of the city’s sexually permissive culture — have degenerated into something much more sinister: international sex slave shops.
Once limited to infamous locales such as Bombay and Bangkok, sex trafficking is now an $8 billion international business, with San Francisco among its largest commercial centers.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

What says the forum?

If a divorce rate has any indication on the subject, then by the following statistics Europa is not much better.

DivorceMag: World Divorce Statistics

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The best advice I've heard:

2 John 1:
6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves

What does this have to do with the op?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well since this is on the US, I vote San Francisco as the "Great Prostitute". And if you believe that......I have a bridge for sale.........

SEX TRAFFICKING – San Francisco Major Center – International Crime Networks Smuggle And Enslave Mcauleysworld’s Weblog

Many of San Francisco’s Asian massage parlors — long an established part of the city’s sexually permissive culture — have degenerated into something much more sinister: international sex slave shops.
Once limited to infamous locales such as Bombay and Bangkok, sex trafficking is now an $8 billion international business, with San Francisco among its largest commercial centers.

If a city where to be chosen, i'd say Hollywood.

I still says it's all of the United States. Remember, revelations is a prophetic book and what's written is not meant to be as spoken. It's signs and visions can be interpretted correctly.

Many say that when the word sea is mentioned, that it's refferring to a large number of people, for example.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If a city where to be chosen, i'd say Hollywood.

I still says it's all of the United States. Remember, revelations is a prophetic book and what's written is not meant to be as spoken. It's signs and visions can be interpretted correctly.

Many say that when the word sea is mentioned, that it's refferring to a large number of people, for example.
So is "sand of the sea" :)

Romans 9:27 "Isaiah yet cries-out over the Israel 'if-ever may be the Number of the sons of Israel as the Sand of the Sea, the Remnant shall be being saved'". [Isaiah 10:22,23/Daniel 12/Reve 20:8]

Reve 20:8 and he shall be coming out to deceive the nations, the in the Four Corners of the Land, the Gog and Magog, to be together-assembling them into the battle of which the Number of them as the Sand of the Sea.[Ezekiel 7:1-2]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does this have to do with the op?

There were two prior major Babylons, both depictions (in brief) of the captivity of mankind, then of Israel. There is a third, Mystery Babylon associated with Satan, the Anti-Christ. Mystery Babylon, a female, Satan's WIFE is termed so because SHE is a deceiptful working that cannot be seen, just as Satan cannot be seen, but their powers have resided over and within all people from the beginning...except for Jesus. They are the 'MERCHANTS' of the earth, our bodies.

"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

just sayin'

To look at any physical country, like the U.S. or Russia or any number of external countries or views is going to be quite worthless at the final hour of trial that comes upon the 'whole world.'

Look to yourselves was excellent advice from John the Apostle because that working IS IN us as EVIL PRESENT.

But hey, an evil generation DEMANDS a sign that they can SEE. They will get NONE.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: squint
Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There were two prior major Babylons, both depictions (in brief) of the captivity of mankind, then of Israel. There is a third, Mystery Babylon associated with Satan, the Anti-Christ. Mystery Babylon, a female, Satan's WIFE is termed so because SHE is a deceiptful working that cannot be seen, just as Satan cannot be seen, but their powers have resided over and within all people from the beginning...except for Jesus. They are the 'MERCHANTS' of the earth, our bodies.

"And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

just sayin'

To look at any physical country, like the U.S. or Russia or any number of external countries or views is going to be quite worthless at the final hour of trial that comes upon the 'whole world.'

Look to yourselves was excellent advice from John the Apostle because that working IS IN us as EVIL PRESENT.

But hey, an evil generation DEMANDS a sign that they can SEE. They will get NONE.

enjoy!

squint

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel." [/FONT]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel." [/FONT]

Hey, we were all fed a little 'dragon meat' to carry to our crosses eh? I asked for second helpings. What can I say? I looked to myself and that's what I 'really' see in Truth. Hope no one holds it against me! I'll try to keep from burping...just don't get under the covers

Psalm 74:
12 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. 13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.
14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
While I wouldn't want to minimize the problem in the USA, it seems to me that many other countries are way, way ahead of us. And if there is only one "Babylon," I doubt that the USA or any American city would beat out some other places for that designation.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What says the forum?
How much different are we than other countries? There are bad things here but there is also plenty of good. We also export help for other countries.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How much different are we than other countries? There are bad things here but there is also plenty of good. We also export help for other countries.

Personally, I'd put Bangkok or Amsterdam way ahead of San Francisco or Hollywood in the race to be the new Babylon, but, that aside, the USA also has one of the highest percentages of church-goers and believers in God out of all the nations in the world. IOW, there is a strong counter-force existing that would keep me from concluding that the USA has achieved the status of a modern Babylon or Sodom.

Upvote 0