Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Names of God

Discussion in 'Deeper Fellowship' started by Leah, Nov 1, 2010.

1. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Not finding aum in the KJV. Sometimes terms don't show up using search. Scriptural reference? Thanks.

2. Rose_bud

Rose_bud Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Pentecostal
  3. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Acts 7:32Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob..."

4. I did not realize that you were wanting only "Biblical" names My mistake Sorry

5. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I just have no idea what aum means. It could just be me.

6. "AUM" is the primal , transcendental sound of God, the oldest name of the Divinity, and universal (at least theoretically)
    It is thought that the word "Amen" is a variation of AUM. It is a well known term to mystics, to those who seek and explore. To chant or recite it invokes a divine power, which results in inner peace, calm, love and direct openness to the Holy Spirit. But that is for a different topic.......l

7. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    To distinguish whom I believe in - I'm using the terminology Him just to try to put into terms that we humans can understand. We can know Him through His Word, the Bible. He is so majestic and vast and according to Scripture has many names, titles, and attributes that belong just to Him.

Some other religions refer to their god as god or lord and there are many gods but I don't want there to be any doubt that thread isn't about just any god but it is about the one and only who is Holy and Worthy of our honor, praise, and worship. Almost all of us seek, pursue Him and are believers of Yashua, Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  8. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian

Maybe you meant to say Yahweh, who is the heavenly Father, and Yeshua, and the Holy Spirit.

9. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Yes, thanks! Sometimes I don't type what's in my brain.