✟11,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
bibletruth469 said:
What about the psalm 83 war? Some teachers believe that after this war , Israel will acquire more land . At that point , they will feel secure, then the walls will come down . The Antichrist will confirm the peace accord and then soon after, the war of Ezekiel 38 will happen . To me, it is a plausible scenario. Oh course, there are many other ways that it could happen . I believe that there will 2 gog and Magog wars. The war at the end of revelation is a different one then Ezekiel 38. Thoughts ...

Clarification on my part: the revolt happens after the 1000 years when many mortal people who are living on the earth at that time will follow satan instead of The Lord Jesus Christ who is in right there with them ruling and reigning. This is the second gog and Magog war. At that time , people need no longer walk by faith, but sight. It is amazing to me how many will follow the satan instead of our Lord .

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Because the Ezekiel 38-39 very clearly says that All Israel will know that Jehovah is the Lord "from that day and forward." That sets the timing as after Daniel's seventieth week and before the millennum. But Revelation 20 very clearly says that Gog will attack after the millennum.

Any way to be sure that the day being talked about is not after the 1000 years?

Yes. Because during the millennium "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." (Jeremiah 31:34)

So the day when "the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day forward." (Ezekiel 39:22) has to be before the time described in Jeremiah 31:34. But Jeremiah 31:34 cannot be at the end of the millennium, for at that time the earth will be destroyed, but of the time of Jeremiah 31, we read:

27 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man and the seed of beast.
28 And it shall come to pass, that as I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to throw down, to destroy, and to afflict, so I will watch over them to build and to plant, says the LORD.
29 In those days they shall say no more: 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, And the children's teeth are set on edge.'
30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity; every man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge.
31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah--
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD.
33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
35 Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for a light by day, The ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, Who disturbs the sea, And its waves roar (The LORD of hosts is His name):
36 "If those ordinances depart From before Me, says the LORD, Then the seed of Israel shall also cease From being a nation before Me forever."
37 Thus says the LORD: "If heaven above can be measured, And the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel For all that they have done, says the LORD.
38 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, that the city shall be built for the LORD from the Tower of Hananel to the Corner Gate.
39 The surveyor's line shall again extend straight forward over the hill Gareb; then it shall turn toward Goath.
40 And the whole valley of the dead bodies and of the ashes, and all the fields as far as the Brook Kidron, to the corner of the Horse Gate toward the east, shall be holy to the LORD. It shall not be plucked up or thrown down anymore forever."
(Jeremiah 31:38-40)

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What about the psalm 83 war? Some teachers believe that after this war , Israel will acquire more land . At that point , they will feel secure, then the walls will come down . The Antichrist will confirm the peace accord and then soon after, the war of Ezekiel 38 will happen . To me, it is a plausible scenario. Oh course, there are many other ways that it could happen .

I believe that there will 2 gog and Magog wars. The war at the end of revelation is a different one then Ezekiel 38. Thoughts ...

The Psalm 83:1-8 war is the same war as the wars of Psalm 74:3-8, Psalm 79:1-3, Isaiah 10:28-32, Isaiah 22:5-7, Daniel 8:8-9, Daniel 11:36-40, Amos 1:6-9, Obadiah 10-14, and Zechariah 14:1-2, and Matthew 24:19-22.

The end result of this is found in Zechariah 13:8, "'And it shall come to pass in all the land,’ Says the LORD, ‘That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it:’"

Upvote 0

MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"the Gog/Magog armies will employ only rudimentary, wooden weapons like bows and arrows, spears, shields, and clubs"

These are actually Translation limitations, example the word for Arrow literally means Missile and the word for Bow literally means Launcher.

The key thing is Crimea is where Gomer originally settled.

BTW, in case anyone is confused the "King of the North" in Daniel 11 isn't Gog and Magog, in the context of Daniel 11 "King of the North" refers to Syria. Up to verse 35 everything in Daniel 11 was fuflilled durring the Hellenistic age, but verses 36-45 are describing the person Islamic eschatology calls the Mahdi, and the "King of the North" there is Sufyani.

Psalm 83 I believe was the 6 day war.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It amuses me that blokes will cite "authors" like this Bill Cooper fellow, but will pay no heed to the church fathers.

For a moment there I though it was the same Bill Cooper that was the UFO guy...

Nevermind. Carry on...

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It amuses me that blokes will cite "authors" like this Bill Cooper fellow, but will pay no heed to the church fathers.

The earliest comment on the meanings of the attacks by Gog and Magog in any early Christian writing that has survived to the present day is in chapter 11 of book 22 of Augustin's highly interpretive "City of God," which is believed to have been written in the early fifth century. And this work only commemted on the Revelation 20 passage, not the Ezakiel 38-39 one.

An early specific comment on Ezekiel 38 and 39 was by the Patriarch Proculus, who served as Patriarch of Constantinople from 434 to 447, and who applied this prophecy to the Hunnic barbarians that had recently attacked. This is reported, but not quoted, in chapter 43 of book 7 of the Ecclesiastical History written by Socrates Scholasticus, which can be found in volume 2 of the well known work titled "Nicene and Post Nicene Fathers, Second Series."

So an early "Church Father" specifically commented on Ezekiel 38 and 39 said it applied to the Huns, who are well known to have come out of what is now called Russia.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2013
✟15,183.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The research presented here is correct, but incomplete. (I personally devoted literally years into original research of the identities of the nations that will accompany Gog, not studying "about" ancient history, but studying books actually written in ancient times, along with many ancient maps and monuments.)

Gomer was indeed the Cimmerians. They were called Gamer in the Armenian literature, the Gimmerra in the Assyrian literature, and the Cimmerrians in the Greek literature. And they indeed lived in the steppe regions of present day Ukraine.

But, as your source noted, they were driven out of this region. When they were driven out, they migrated into Europe, and later, some of them migrated back into the central part of what is now Turkey.

It is a well known historical fact that the Cimmerrians were the ancestors of the ethnic group known to the Romans as the Gauls, who resided in the regions of France and the British Isles, as well as other places in Europe. And the very small group of them that migrated back east were called the Galatians, that is, the Gaul-atians.

It is also a well known fact that the Gauls were the ancestors of the ethnic group now known as the Celts, or Kelts. There are the main peoples of western Europe and the British Isles, and as such are the ancestors of most of the citizens of the United States, Canada, and Australia.

Since "all the bands of Gomer" will accompany Gog in his ill-fated attack on Israel, this makes us realize that this attack will include the armies of not only Russia and the Arab nations, but of western Europe, North America, and Australia.

These facts, which are discussed at length on pages 94-95 of the award winning book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," throw a monkey wrench into many concepts of the timing of Gog's attack.

Western nations are the weak nations of Tarshish in Ezekiel 38:19 who ask the Iranians "Are you going to Israel to take a spoil?"

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2013
✟15,183.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are two attacks led by Gog, one before and one after the millennium.

There are two Gog's. One perishes on the mountains of Israel eaten by birds (Ezekiel 39:1-4) and is buried. (Ezekiel 39:11) The other Gog is in Revelation 20:8-9 who is devoured by fire.

Upvote 0