MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From Bill Cooper's book After the Flood, Appendix 3
2. Gomer: He was the founder of the Cimmerians who settled originally on the shores of the Caspian Sea. They were later driven away by the Elamites (see Shem 2). At the time of the Babylonian Exile, the Jews knew them as the tribes that dwelt in the 'uppermost parts of the north' (Ezekiel 38:6). The Assyrians referred to them as the Gimirraya. Esarhaddon (681-668 BC) records his defeat of the Gimirrai; whilst King Ashurbanipal tells us in his records of the Cimmerian invasion of Lydia (see Shem 5) in the days of the Lydian king Gugu around the year 660 BC (see Map 1). (Refs: 1DB 2:440. NBD 481. JA 1.vi.1)
The Book is up to read online for Free, just search for it.

Ezekiel 38&:6
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
Togarmah was the ancestor of the Armenians and Georgians according to The Georgian Chronicles and The History of Armenia.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From Bill Cooper's book After the Flood, Appendix 3The Book is up to read online for Free, just search for it.

Ezekiel 38&:6Togarmah was the ancestor of the Armenians and Georgians according to The Georgian Chronicles and The History of Armenia.

The research presented here is correct, but incomplete. (I personally devoted literally years into original research of the identities of the nations that will accompany Gog, not studying "about" ancient history, but studying books actually written in ancient times, along with many ancient maps and monuments.)

Gomer was indeed the Cimmerians. They were called Gamer in the Armenian literature, the Gimmerra in the Assyrian literature, and the Cimmerrians in the Greek literature. And they indeed lived in the steppe regions of present day Ukraine.

But, as your source noted, they were driven out of this region. When they were driven out, they migrated into Europe, and later, some of them migrated back into the central part of what is now Turkey.

It is a well known historical fact that the Cimmerrians were the ancestors of the ethnic group known to the Romans as the Gauls, who resided in the regions of France and the British Isles, as well as other places in Europe. And the very small group of them that migrated back east were called the Galatians, that is, the Gaul-atians.

It is also a well known fact that the Gauls were the ancestors of the ethnic group now known as the Celts, or Kelts. There are the main peoples of western Europe and the British Isles, and as such are the ancestors of most of the citizens of the United States, Canada, and Australia.

Since "all the bands of Gomer" will accompany Gog in his ill-fated attack on Israel, this makes us realize that this attack will include the armies of not only Russia and the Arab nations, but of western Europe, North America, and Australia.

These facts, which are discussed at length on pages 94-95 of the award winning book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," throw a monkey wrench into many concepts of the timing of Gog's attack.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Biblewriter;65290214 These facts said:
Rev 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Fortunately we don't need to be confused by the timing of Gog's attack. The Bible tells us clearly.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rev 20
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Fortunately we don't need to be confused by the timing of Gog's attack. The Bible tells us clearly.

There are two attacks led by Gog, one before and one after the millennium.

Upvote 0

MithrandirOlorin888

Sep 20, 2013
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes the Genesis 10 names are used Geographically more so then ethnically. Either way each name in Ezekiel 38 has connection to many nations. It's Russia and it's Surrounding nations that fit the full picture here.

The battle at the end of the Milemium can't be the same as the one in Ezekiel 38, Ezekiel 38 is talking about a time when God makes his presence known to the world like he did in the days of the Exodus. That can't fit the end of the Millennium. The refrence in Revelation 20 is just reflecting how that War has become a idium.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great thread, and good read...

Ive been researching where all the places are most likely represented geographically...

Its funny how all the territories that are mentioned in the prophecy are against Israel right now....

Not funny, but wow, what a coincidence if this isn't prophecy smacking us in the face..

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are two attacks led by Gog, one before and one after the millennium.

Eze 38
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

I see walls.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...yoA?p=israel+walls&fr=yfp-t-901-s&fr2=piv-web

It is unlikely that Gog is killed and buried twice in the same place. It is also unlikely that God will send fire from heaven twice and destroy the exact same group of people.

What is likely is that there are two kings of the North. There is one king of the North that is in power before the millennium and one king of the north that is in power after the thousand years. You have the same king of the North in power during both time periods, therefore you conclude incorrectly that there are 2 Gog Magog wars.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Eze 38
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

I see walls.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...yoA?p=israel+walls&fr=yfp-t-901-s&fr2=piv-web

It is unlikely that Gog is killed and buried twice in the same place. It is also unlikely that God will send fire from heaven twice and destroy the exact same group of people.

What is likely is that there are two kings of the North. There is one king of the North that is in power before the millennium and one king of the north that is in power after the thousand years. You have the same king of the North in power during both time periods, therefore you conclude incorrectly that there are 2 Gog Magog wars.

You have almost totally misunderstood my posts. I have never even so much as suggested that there will be two kngs of the north, nor that Gog is the king of the north.

You are correct that the current existence of walls shows that Gog's attack will not be in the immediate future. But I do not teach that it will be.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Walls being down is another way of saying that since a peace treaty has been signed, the country's defenses have been loosened. The military isn't on as high of an alert as it had been.
When a peace treaty between Israel and it's neighbors has been signed, they will no longer have to always be on such high alert. "Their walls are down".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have almost totally misunderstood my posts. I have never even so much as suggested that there will be two kngs of the north, nor that Gog is the king of the north.

You are correct that the current existence of walls shows that Gog's attack will not be in the immediate future. But I do not teach that it will be.

BW,

I am suggesting that there will be two kings different kings of the North, One in our time and one in 1000 years. In reality I think there is one king of the north in our time and then there is Gog Magag in 1000 years.

How do you draw the conclusion that there will be two Gog Magogs? I assumed that it was because of Daniel 11.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Walls being down is another way of saying that since a peace treaty has been signed, the country's defenses have been loosened. The military isn't on as high of an alert as it had been.
When a peace treaty between Israel and it's neighbors has been signed, they will no longer have to always be on such high alert. "Their walls are down".

Hi John,

I think they are talking about physical walls. The walls could be torn down after a treaty, but I think it is more likely that the walls are torn down after Christ returns. And then later Gog goes up against the land of unwalled villages.

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When a peace treaty has been signed, there is a real possibility that the security wall will come down as well.

Oddly, one has to have a war in order to have peace, and in will walk the False Prophet, the one pretending to be John the Baptist/Elijah and arrange that peace.

The pieces are in place...we have only to wait until YHVH lifts His hand.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi John,

I think they are talking about physical walls. The walls could be torn down after a treaty, but I think it is more likely that the walls are torn down after Christ returns. And then later Gog goes up against the land of unwalled villages.
In 2014, of what use are walls against bombs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
BW,

How do you draw the conclusion that there will be two Gog Magogs? I assumed that it was because of Daniel 11.

Because the Ezekiel 38-39 very clearly says that All Israel will know that Jehovah is the Lord "from that day and forward." That sets the timing as after Daniel's seventieth week and before the millennum. But Revelation 20 very clearly says that Gog will attack after the millennum.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In 2014, of what use are walls against bombs?

That is not the point. The point is when Gog attempts to go against Israel it will be without walls.

The walls are very effective btw. That's why they kept building them. It separates people. It also is a visual barrier. No sniping because they can't see people on the other side.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about the psalm 83 war? Some teachers believe that after this war , Israel will acquire more land . At that point , they will feel secure, then the walls will come down . The Antichrist will confirm the peace accord and then soon after, the war of Ezekiel 38 will happen . To me, it is a plausible scenario. Oh course, there are many other ways that it could happen .

I believe that there will 2 gog and Magog wars. The war at the end of revelation is a different one then Ezekiel 38. Thoughts ...

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because the Ezekiel 38-39 very clearly says that All Israel will know that Jehovah is the Lord "from that day and forward." That sets the timing as after Daniel's seventieth week and before the millennum. But Revelation 20 very clearly says that Gog will attack after the millennum.

Any way to be sure that the day being talked about is not after the 1000 years?

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Biblewriter said in post 16:

Because the Ezekiel 38-39 very clearly says that All Israel will know that Jehovah is the Lord "from that day and forward."

Ezekiel 39:22 means that near the end of the safe time of the future millennium (Ezekiel 38:11), the mortal Israelites living on the earth will have become complacent and backslidden away from God (Ezekiel 39:26,7). So, after the millennium (Revelation 20:7-10), as a punishment, God will let them be taken into captivity (Ezekiel 39:23-29) during the Gog/Magog time (Ezekiel 38:11-13). God will then bring judgment against Gog and Magog, and the mortal Israelites will return to being faithful to God (Ezekiel 39:21-29).

That is, the Gog/Magog attack on Israel (Ezekiel chapters 38-39) won't occur until after the future millennium (Revelation 20:7-10), when there will be no defensive walls or fear of attack in Israel whatsoever (Ezekiel 38:11). This is the exact opposite of today's situation, when Israel is filled with very high defensive walls and is in constant fear of attack. At the beginning of the millennium, all present-day weapons of war throughout the world will be destroyed and they won't be allowed to be remade during the millennium (Micah 4:3-4). That's why after the millennium, the Gog/Magog armies will employ only rudimentary, wooden weapons like bows and arrows, spears, shields, and clubs (Ezekiel 39:9), which, after the defeat of the Gog/Magog armies, will be able to be used as convenient firewood by the people living in Israel at that time, instead of them having to go out and collect or cut down firewood from the forest (Ezekiel 39:10).

The Gog in Revelation 20:8 is the same as in Ezekiel chapters 38-39: an individual human whose personal name is "Gog" (Ezekiel 38:3). He will be the chief leader of a future country which will form somewhere north of Israel (Ezekiel 39:2, Ezekiel 38:15), and which will be called "Magog" (Ezekiel 38:2). It will include at least 2 major cities and/or tribes which will be called "Meshech" and "Tubal" (Ezekiel 38:2). This country could come into existence during the millennium. Gog could be born near the end of the millennium, and he will be killed and buried at the end of the Gog/Magog event (Ezekiel 39:11).

Both accounts of the event show that the Gog/Magog armies will ultimately be completely defeated by miraculous fire from heaven (Ezekiel 38:22, Revelation 20:9). While the great white throne judgment (Revelation 20:11-15) will occur subsequent to the Gog/Magog event (Revelation 20:7-15), nothing requires (as is sometimes claimed) that the great white throne judgment has to happen immediately after that event. For there will be at least 7 years (Ezekiel 39:9b) between the end of that event and the great white throne judgment.

Also, the Gog/Magog attack won't have to (as is sometimes claimed) involve only the nations listed in Ezekiel chapters 38-39. Those nations could be just a sampling. For the "nations" (ethnos), or peoples, who will be involved in the Gog/Magog attack will come from all over the earth (Revelation 20:8). They will still be physically part of Jesus' worldwide kingdom, still legally under his rule, just as they had been during the preceding millennium (Psalms 72:8-11, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 2). But after the millennium, they will be deceived by Satan into committing the attack (Revelation 20:7-10).

Also, while the Gog/Magog attack on Israel won't occur until after the future millennium (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), Israel could suffer a different attack before the millennium, at the start of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, which attack could result in Israel's total defeat and occupation (Daniel 11:15-17).

And Jerusalem could be attacked in the future at least 3 times before the millennium: once near the start of the future tribulation (Daniel 11:22), then again mid-tribulation (Daniel 11:31), and then at the tribulation's end (Daniel 11:45), right before Jesus' 2nd coming and the start of the millennium (Zechariah 14:2-21).

Upvote 0