Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The mystery was not revealed to the prophets and cannot be found in the Old Testament. It was a secret "hid in God" (Ephesians 3:9) until it was revealed unto the apostle Paul, as he himself states "by revelation he made known unto me the mystery" (Ephesians 3:3). Paul goes on to explain the mystery in verse 6 saying "That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:". It has to be noted that the mystery cannot refer to the blessing of Gentiles in connection with Israel because this is perfectly clear from the fact that that was never a secret. That was known Genesis 12:3 when Jehovah states “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” And this well-known fact is constantly referred to in the Old Testament for example we read in Genesis 22:18 “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.”

So what is the secret? Paul explains clearly saying that the mystery is that we Gentiles who were at one time “aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world” (Eph 2:12) have now through the blood of Jesus Christ have been reconciled to God with the Jew in “one body by the cross” (Eph 2:16). Jesus has “broken down the middle wall of partition between us” (Eph 2:14), between Jew and Gentile, and through the baptism by the Holy Ghost we are placed into the “one new man” (Eph 2:15) and thereby reconciled us to God. We read in 1 Corinthians 12: 13 that “ by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

We read in 1 Colossians 1:26, 27 “Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:”. When we read “Christ in you” I do not believe that this is referring simply to the indwelling of the Holy Ghost but rather Christ dwelling in you the Gentiles.

That God has blessed both Gentile and Jew through the cross via the creation of “one new man” in which both are equal, where earthly distinction is lost. That is the glorious mystery “hid in God” but revealed through Paul. Thanks be to a graceful God. AMEN

Reactions: Tavita

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,
lest ye should be wise in your own conceits (think that your own blood can SAVE you);
that blindness in part is happened to Israel (all who are ISRAEL),
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in (into ISRAEL).

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written,
There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer (YHSHWH),
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob (ISRAEL):
For this is my covenant unto them (the Newest/Latest COVENANT),
when I shall take away their sins (YHSHWH, GOD, as our LAMB).
ROM 11:25-27
_______

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain,
and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Having the glory of God:
and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone,
clear as crystal;
And had a wall great and high,
and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels,
and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
On the east three gates; on the north three gates;
on the south three gates; and on the west three gates
REV 21:10-13

All of ISRAEL,
the ONE and ONLY OLIVE TREE supported by YHSHWH (the ROOT),
will be SAVED!!!

LOVE, RICOEL

Upvote 0

Archangel

Sith Lord
Jun 3, 2004
Northern Ireland
✟1,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
billwald said:
>Amen, Christ tore that 5 foot thick curtain in two, right down the middle!

Any extra-biblical historical data?
Im sure there is...we just need to read our history books. Apparently the temple curtain was about 5 foot thick..or else it was pretty thick. I mean...the bible says that Soloman put up doors in the temple were the curtain sud be...they were pretty heavy thick things, not like the curtains we hand in our bedrooms.

Anyway...im just emphesising the point, these curtains could not just get torn accidently..they were far to thick and strong for that..it was the power of God, his mighty hand tha tore the curtain in two.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Forum,
The mystery that is revealed by Paul is here:

1 Cor 15
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed-- 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.

And it makes perfect sense. It occurs at the time of the seventh trumpet or the parousia, not at the time of the crusifixion.

Justme

Upvote 0

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
Or this mystery:

lest ye should be wise in your own conceits (think that your own blood can SAVE you);

In Jerimiah 11:16-17:
the BRANCHES are broken off the OLIVE TREE.

In Zechariah 4:
the accumilated BRANCHES (TREES) are PROPHESIED.

In Romans 11 (above):
the Two accumilated BRANCHES (Two OLIVE TREES becoming ONE)
are PROPHESIED, again.

In Revelation 11:
the Two OLIVE TREES (the accumilated BRANCHES)
become ONE and are taken up in a cloud (raptured).
This fulfills the PROPHESIES
and
1COR 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump:
for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
and we shall be changed.

On the last FEAST of TRUMPS (SHOFAR),
WE will rise and BE with YHSHWH - FOREVERMORE.
We, still, don't know the day or the time.

This is my belief and understanding
of YHSHWH'S WORD/LAW/TRUTH (Genesis to Revelation)
LOVE, RICOEL

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Av,

Of course it matters. If the mystery was not revealled up until Paul then the church could not have begun before Acts 2
That is something that doesn't matter as I see it. The church, Christianity, was developing from the day Jesus was born and predicted for hundreds of years before that.

Rev 10
7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

Here it tells us that the mystery of God will be accomplished at that seventh trumpet. So we know when this mystery is in operation, but what IS this mystery. Here is what matters, knowing what the mystery is, having the mystery revealed to us. That mystery IS revealed, as plain as the nose on your face, and it looks to me that posters here don't see it. The mystery is that after the parousia WE WILL NOT SLEEP. That is mega significant.
1 Cor 15:51
51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep,..................
Mega significant!

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Justme said:
Hi Av,
That is something that doesn't matter as I see it. The church, Christianity, was developing from the day Jesus was born and predicted for hundreds of years before that.
No the church was not revealed in the Old Testament. It was revealed first to Paul after his conversion:

Ephesians 3
For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Av,

And not one mention of what the mystery is. The 'we will not sleep mystery' that is revealed at parousia.

I didn't say christianity was revealed in the old testament, I said it was predicted hundreds of years before. Christ, who christianity is naturally based on, was spoke of many times long ago.

What about the mystery as revealed in 1 Cor 15:51...mega significance.

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
israelthebride said:

_______

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain,
and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Having the glory of God:
and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone,
clear as crystal;
And had a wall great and high,
and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels,
and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
On the east three gates; on the north three gates;
on the south three gates; and on the west three gates
REV 21:10-13

All of ISRAEL,
the ONE and ONLY OLIVE TREE supported by YHSHWH (the ROOT),
will be SAVED!!!

LOVE, RICOEL
Good posts, Israelthebride. :thumbsup:

Seems to me there are many mysteries, and more yet will be revealed.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Av,
No that is what the mystery is
Let's see............

Paul says "we will not all sleep."

You say that is this from Ephesians.......

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

I take things like that as a serious insult because you have to consider I am extremely stupid if I would swallow stuff like that. You know what 'mystery' I was talking about, quit goofin' off and deal with it or move on to something else.

Paul said "we will not all sleep." If you can't deal with that fine. BUT it is mega significant.

Justme

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
1 CORINTHIANS 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory 8: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

Remember ...until the seventh angel....the mystery of God is not finished....

Revelation 10:5-7 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, 6: And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: 7: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

We are not there yet.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Visionary,

7: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

We are not there yet.

I'll just quote that verse using another bible:
NIV
7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

We are not there yet.
Well, if you are a futurist I would gather that you would consider this a future thing. However, when the parousia is doesn't change the fact that at the time of that parousia.....the mystery is revealed and that mystery is "WE SHALL NOT ALL SLEEP" Paul says. 1 Cor 15:51. There are other mysteries included in the bible, but we are discussing this one at this stage in the thread.

Yes, I know and the mystery that will not be finished until the parousia is the "we will not all sleep" mystery. I can't explain why that mystery was explained thousands of years early, but I guess, there it is.

Justme

Upvote 0

Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
visionary said:
1 CORINTHIANS 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory 8: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.

Revelation 10:5-7 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, 6: And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: 7: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

We are not there yet.
The rapture is indeed a part of the mystery because it is church doctrine and the church is a mystery :) BTW I think that you are confusing the trumpets of revelation with the call of the saints!

Upvote 0