Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just finished watching. Excellent movie. Very emotional but to be expected if you're Christian I guess.
Joseph Fiennes plays Roman military tribune Clavius. Mr.Fiennes is gifted in that as an actor he can bring the emotions of his character fully into his eyes. His countenance speaks even when he has no lines to say. Especially notable in this role.

I'm so glad I rented this. :)

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's cheap to rent at the aforementioned Redbox. My home town carries new release DVD's at the public library.
I liked the movie though there should have been a scrolling history that showed what happened to the 11 Disciples after the last scene took place. That would have been a good end. As it was it was a bit of a let down on that score. Overall though a very good film.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like that they used an actor not commonly known. And he looked similar to what has been said would be the face of the Christ that appears on the shroud of Turin. That was hard to miss and especially when they referred to the shroud in the film. I don't want to give anything away for the sake of those who haven't seen the movie as yet.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like that they used an actor not commonly known. And he looked similar to what has been said would be the face of the Christ that appears on the shroud of Turin. That was hard to miss and especially when they referred to the shroud in the film. I don't want to give anything away for the sake of those who haven't seen the movie as yet.
He Rises?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I think I know how one ends... ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
<staff edit>
And he looked similar to what has been said would be the face of the Christ that appears on the shroud of Turin.
That's the one that was dated around 1350AD by 3 independent assessments (Oxford University, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>
That's the one that was dated around 1350AD by 3 independent assessments (Oxford University, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)?[/QUOTE]
I'm not certain of what image from the Turin shroud you'd be referring to there. I just recall this image,
real-jesus.jpg
as that which the actor playing Jesus in Risen reminded me of. I don't know the dating of this particular rendering as derived from the shroud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg
MOD HAT ON

Closed for review, for several reasons. We'll get in a huddle, talk it over, and get back to you.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums