• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The most depressing week...

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
yes, it's housing/roommate selection week at my school. AKA the most depressing week of the year. This will prove I have no friends like last year. I will be stuck with horrible roommates like I have now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just wish ONCE in my whole college career I will get decent roommates. I doubt I will. This is my final time doing it, thank God.

servant4ever

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My daughter had some pretty bad roommates in college. God brought her through a really rough year too. Then she got a job as a Resident Assistant, and she was able to have a single room after that.

One year my son, at a state university, had a roommate that was pledging fraternities who came in one night and urinated all over my son who was sleeping. Needless to say, the roommate was drunk, and my son was extremely upset about it.

My point is, ask the Lord to give you a roommate with whom you can have a working relationship. Trust Him to meet your needs, whatever He thinks they are. Don't look at this as a bad week, but a week of adventure with the Lord.

Life offers us tons of challenges. How we let the Lord work His miracles in those challenges is what faith is all about.

Hugs,
Madison :groupray:

Upvote 0

Beloved Child

Oct 29, 2004
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess there's nothing worse than having annoying roomies! :sick: ;) This may be silly, but why don't you put a chair next to you and imagine Jesus sitting on it and bearing company whenever you're in your room with your roommates? :p
Oh well, I guess you won't do that, but always remember that Jesus is with you. That thought makes everything quite bearable, doesn't it? ;)
God bless!

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God puts specific people in our path for a purpose. Good or bad, there is a value to each person we meet. I've known my share of hideous people, but I've also taken the time to learn from those experiences. Try to think of your hideous roommate as a opportunity. Whether it be for your own growth or to impact his life, try to see what God wants from you in each of these circumstances. I know it's difficult, I'll be praying for your situation.

Upvote 0

soyness

Mar 10, 2005
NY, Boston
✟15,692.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
are you part of a fellowship? maybe you could join one? :thumbsup: it's always a good idea.
I could understand the pain.:doh:

One thing I could encourage you to do is to pray and ask for somebody to room with you, who knows he/she may be a blessing!

Upvote 0