The medium of grace

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“Gratitude……….is not something we do at all. Rather, it is a medium of grace, a gift of God that softens the heart and enables it to see and hear and receive the things that come to it from God.”

ROBERTA BONDI

“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

“Do not quench the Spirit.”

1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-19 NASB

Gratitude is a medium of grace. Without the acceptance of grace from a loving God, we would have no spiritual gratitude. Oh, we could have gratitude and thankfulness for things that are material, and obtained through worldly means, but to be truly grateful spiritually requires grace. Grace is the medium, the substance that gratitude flows on. It’s like electricity, it exists and the results of it can be seen, but it takes the medium of a conductor like the copper wire for it to travel from one place to another. If grace is the spiritual conductor or medium that gratitude travels on, then what is this medium, what is grace, what is its substance? Webster has some mighty fine definitions of grace, share this with me: “pleasing quality, favor, thanks, beauty or charm or form, an attractive quality, a sense of what is proper and right, thoughtfulness towards others, good will, and favor.” I like how grace is defined in some of my Bibles, “unmerited favor.” Something that is done for me that I did not and could not earn. When I accepted Jesus Christ into my life I received grace, there was nothing I could do to earn what was given to me. Forgiveness, oh how wonderful that was, traveled to me on the medium of grace, and I in turn am very grateful, and this gratitude returns to God on that same medium of grace. Grace is the “live wire” from God. It stays plugged in, through this medium of grace God does for me what I could not do for myself………………….JRE

“God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

2 CORINTHIANS 9:8 NIV