The Lord's Table own What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Goodness - Colin that's bringing back some memories :)
My uncle , my dad's eldest brother , did not approve of George Formby because of the double meanings in most of his songs . ;)

I recall his death in 1961 . He was in a hospital in Preston just across the road from my school .

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Listening to "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young.

I know I wrote about my daughter's ex-boyfriend committing suicide a few weeks ago. This was one of their songs:

"Because I'm still in love with you,
I want to see you dance again."

He had recorded it with his band...she played it for me Wednesday, and his voice sounded so young and sweet--the person I remembered from 2011-12...

The song she was listening to when, waking up at the time he was dying, she put on as she thought she should text him (he had called her to make amends a few days before he died). It's so sad. She received other signs that his spirit was trying to reach her before she started getting texts from all her friends as they learned he'd died.

I hope he wasn't still in love with her, because that is such a burden she has to bear.

Oh, well, enough boo-hooing for today.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was of one the songs played at my father in laws wake.

I know I wrote about my daughter's ex-boyfriend committing suicide a few weeks ago. This was one of their songs:

He had recorded it with his band...she played it for me Wednesday, and his voice sounded so young and sweet--the person I remembered from 2011-12...

The song she was listening to when, waking up at the time he was dying, she put on as she thought she should text him (he had called her to make amends a few days before he died). It's so sad. She received other signs that his spirit was trying to reach her before she started getting texts from all her friends as they learned he'd died.

I hope he wasn't still in love with her, because that is such a burden she has to bear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was one of the songs played at my father in laws wake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Man, I CANNOT stop LISTENING to this song... What's wrong with me? Ive played it at least 15 times in the last 2 days!

...and a lower quality player makes it sound even better. I don't get it.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This song is about the Spanish conquistador Hernan Cortez -Aka "Cortez the "Killer"... The lyrics are moving in the story they tell.
4-hernando-cortez-spanish-conquistador-photo-researchers.jpg

Originally by Neil Young but here by Dave Matthews and special guest Warren Haines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
standforella, I like your original.You have a voice that might suit a rock band, I'm thinking. But I guess you've already explored that avenue. I'm guessing you could be professional. Having said that, there are lot of people with talent who are still waiting tables. it is very competitive. I don't want to turn you off. If that sounds all negative please ignore and keep doing what you are doing. Music is definitely a medium for me, spiritually.

You're very kind. Thank you for your feedback. :)

Making music is nourishing to me, and that's one reason why I'll keep it personal instead of professional. I never need to worry about altering my songs to fit anyone else, but if they happen to try one on and like it, it's a wonderful feeling.
My ultimate career ambition is even more "pie in the sky" than hoping to be able to make a living performing in a rock band, haha. I want to pursue politics and eventually become a United States Senator, and then Secretary of State one day. It's not very realistic, but I still plan on chasing after my dreams.

As for what I'm listening to right now:

Reactions: Colin
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.