The Lord's Table own What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I saw the Talking Heads in New Orleans in 1984. I've seen David Byrne a couple of times in California. Once when this album came out.

I absolutely love this song. I first heard it through discovering a CD in my parents' music collection that is the soundtrack for a movie titled In Good Company. From what I understand the movie itself was mediocre, but I think the soundtrack for it is superb. My ears also fell in love with Stephen Trask, Iron & Wine, and Diana Krall thanks to it.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
To actually answer the question the thread asks -
It will probably seem vain, but I'm listening to a song I wrote for my first love a couple of years ago, because I'm tinkering with it a bit. I want to make an improved version of it soon.

http://tobecompleteoriginal.viinyl.com

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
To actually answer the question the thread asks -
It will probably seem vain, but I'm listening to a song I wrote for my first love a couple of years ago, because I'm tinkering with it a bit. I want to make an improved version of it soon.

http://tobecompleteoriginal.viinyl.com
I nominate you for either American Idol or X Factor. If you miss out, try Aussie X Factor. Solid vocals, good guitar!

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely love this song. I first heard it through discovering a CD in my parents' music collection that is the soundtrack for a movie titled In Good Company. From what I understand the movie itself was mediocre, but I think the soundtrack for it is superb. My ears also fell in love with Stephen Trask, Iron & Wine, and Diana Krall thanks to it.

When we saw him live, he had a group of young people playing the strings. They looked so happy. This is the second best song on that album.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I nominate you for either American Idol or X Factor. If you miss out, try Aussie X Factor. Solid vocals, good guitar!

You've made me smile! Thanks so much! :)

This is what I'm working on this morning, if you're interested in listening to another of my songs:
http://trinketsofyou.viinyl.com

If you click the video you'll hear the original version of it. I just switched the song file to get feedback from friends about the drum track edited in. It sounds a bit tortured at the moment because it's not quite in sync or at the right volume, but I'm hoping to smooth it out, haha.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
standforella, I like your original.You have a voice that might suit a rock band, I'm thinking. But I guess you've already explored that avenue. I'm guessing you could be professional. Having said that, there are lot of people with talent who are still waiting tables. it is very competitive. I don't want to turn you off. If that sounds all negative please ignore and keep doing what you are doing. Music is definitely a medium for me, spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another one from Daryl's House, with Grace Potter and some nice slide guitar work. Daryl Hall and his boys make this one better than the original. Like the guitars lined up in the background.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.