The Lord Jeus Christ isn't your good buddy.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I own every word I write. I do not write without thought or intention. I am not writing insulting words I am writing truthful words in a blunt way to get to the point instead of dancing around it. I am sorry if you are insulted but the insult isn't in my words but in the truth that they convey. Show me where and why they are not true and I will apologize and recant.
One more thing, it is impossible for you to insult me. Nothing that you can say will cause me to become angry or frustrated. I try to read every thing you write and often respond line by line point by point. I try my best to grasp your position and respond to it as it is. That is what debate is all about. If you want to call me a blockhead I understand why you would do so and am not insulted at all. I try to make arguments from the Scriptures not from emotions. I own when I fail to be clear and apologize to all who are offended by my muddy way of putting things.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I own every word I write. I do not write without thought or intention. I am not writing insulting words I am writing truthful words in a blunt way to get to the point instead of dancing around it. I am sorry if you are insulted but the insult isn't in my words but in the truth that they convey. Show me where and why they are not true and I will apologize and recant.
So, you know that you are 100% correct in your interpretation of all the scripture and the understanding that you have written in this thread?

You know this for a fact?

Because how can you tell me that I use my incorrect understanding of God's Word as an idol if you are not sure that my understanding is not wrong? You may 'think' you have proven it to me, but you have not.

You went so far as to call my understanding an idol. What does the Old Testament say about idols? You will have no other God's before me. No other God's but me. An idol is something you put on a pedestal. I am not arrogant enough to put my beliefs on a pedestal. You insulted me by saying I have an idol.

So I think it is arrogant and very prideful of you to feel that you are the one who has God's truth. The Holy Spirit cannot work with all that pride. Maybe that's why He has not been able to reveal His truth to you, because your pride tells you you know it all already.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So, you know that you are 100% correct in your interpretation of all the scripture and the understanding that you have written in this thread?

You know this for a fact?

Because how can you tell me that I use my incorrect understanding of God's Word as an idol if you are not sure that my understanding is not wrong? You may 'think' you have proven it to me, but you have not.

You went so far as to call my understanding an idol. What does the Old Testament say about idols? You will have no other God's before me. No other God's but me. An idol is something you put on a pedestal. I am not arrogant enough to put my beliefs on a pedestal. You insulted me by saying I have an idol.

So I think it is arrogant and very prideful of you to feel that you are the one who has God's truth. The Holy Spirit cannot work with all that pride. Maybe that's why He has not been able to reveal His truth to you, because your pride tells you you know it all already.
It isn't pride or arrogance it is confidence in the light given me by the Spirit according to His Word through many years of prayerful study. The Lord has not only called me to preach His Gospel but put me in the pulpit by His grace to do so. I do have God's truth. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to preach it or teach it.

By no means am I better or smarter than anyone else but I have been given the gift of understanding in the Word in order to teach others and proclaim His truth. If you are offended by my confidence in the Word and what it teaches then so be it. I leave it up to the Lord to open your eyes to the truth as I have given it.

May the Lord be pleased to give you grace to come to a full knowledge of Christ and His Gospel.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Do not ever tell someone that their faith, belief and understanding of scripture is an idol unless you can back it up clearly.

An idol is an abomination to the first and most important commandment.

That is the highest insult you could have said.
I did back it up clearly but you refuse to even acknowledge that it is a possibility. It wasn't an insult it was an observation. You plainly declared to all that you have a very low view of God when you said that He hopes. You plainly declared that you have an idol called free will by your many posts defending it. You seem to rather hang on to free will than to bow to the truth of God. All of your arguments in favor of free will diminish God instead of holding Him high and lifted up. Your idea of Christ purging the sin of all men and making salvation up to the free will of men make the atonement of Christ and the love of Christ to be useless things. You make Christ to be a frustrated and defeated god who is trying to do his will but is thwarted by man. You put man on the throne and sovereign over his destiny rather than God.

Are these polemic statements? Sure they are but they are still true.

You can respond if you like or not.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think we were talking about time and how we, on the earth as human beings have time, but that God does not have time as we think of it.

That is how I see those verses that talk about being predestined. To God there is no time. For us there is time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tobeloved, I'm really just following the conversation but wanted to get clarification. When you refer to free will in these talks, are you referring to pre salvation or post salvation or both? Do you mean all mankind from Adam to now or post Christ?
I believe we always had free will from creation. Adam and Eve had free will to choose to eat from the Tree of Knowledge.

Now we all have a sin nature. The propensity to want to please ourselves, to pride, to ego and feel good whatever type of characteristics that takes on.

Using our free-will we choose to follow God and the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Even after we are born-again we can still choose to follow the Holy Spirit's conviction of our sin or not. I think that is why we have all different types of Christians. Some are cooperative and get further in sanctification than others. But that does not mean that they are not saved. If someone has the Holy Spirit indwelling them, they are saved.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think we've beating the free will horse to death....I think we're all in agreement that those who just look to Jesus simply as a Savior (sacrifice) and just a buddy they can talk to might be missing so vital pieces of who He is, and missing the reverence that is duly deserved to the Son of God. Wouldn't you agree?

Upvote 0