Teaching (no posting) The Law a full spectrum thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Law says never done........................never...............ever..............until death do us part, Rom 7:1 Or do you not know, brothers[a]—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? .

Heb 10:0 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. 2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? 3 But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year.

Grace says done, oh soooo wonderfully simple.:)

Heb 10:10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The law works wrath, Rom 4:15, and it seems as though the old saying is true, misery loves company, the pharisees under wrath wanted to add disciples to their misery, and went to great lengths to do so. I guess the more the law people get others under law, they feel as though they must be right!:D

Matt 23:15"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
They seem, the law people, to want the old glory..it once had glory, but it came to an end, it's time for the law party to arise from darkness and gloom, Heb 12, that mountain, and come into the new Cov!:clap:

2 Cor 3:10 Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Even Jesus died to the law!

Rom 7:4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

Here to, via the cross, and the death of the Lord, Paul dies to the law, with Jesus who died to the law.

Gal 2:19 For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Here also. Since we died with Christ to the law, it means He died to it also.

Col 2:20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations—

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
A refresher.....:D

Law, from Paul and others.

Peter said the law was a yoke, he nor the fathers could bear, Acts 15:10, and it would test God to add it to the church.

James said not to burden with the law either in Acts 15.

Jesus in revelation 2:24 said he does not lay any other burden, same words as James in Acts 15.

It was dung life in Phil 3.

The power of sin is the law 1 Cor 15:56.

The law was temporary Gal 3:19.

The law was for children Gal 4:3.

The law works wrath Rom 4:15.

Sinful passions were aroused under law Rom 7:5.

The law is not the gospel Gal 3:9-10.

Life under law is cursed Gal 3:10 and 3:13.

The law is not of promise Gal 3:18 and Rom 4:14.

They received the Spirit not by law Gal 3:2.

They did not have miracles by law Gal 3:5.

The law does not justify Rom 3:20.

The law did not give life Gal 3:21.

The law did not sanctify Gal 3:3,

The law was added to increase the trespass, not take it away, Rom5:20.

Sin has dominion under law Rom 6:14.

Law life was bondage Gal 2:4, Gal 4:3, Gal 4:25, Gal 5:1.

To be severed from Christ, was to be under law, imagine that! Gal 5:4.

The law was called a strict pedagogue (tutor) of Gal 3:24, a strict disciplinarian, not very flattering, which fits into the context of the prison warden words of 3:24. The pedagogues beat the children with rods in Paul’s day.

The law was elemental Gal 4:3.

The law was a system of slavery, Gal 4.

Paul called the law bondage about 4 times in Galatians.

The law was called a prison that held in sin Gal 3:22-23.

The law is not grace Rom 11:6.

We are not heirs by law Rom 4:16.

The law is not of faith Gal 3:12.

The law is not the cross Gal 5:11 and Gal 3:1.

The law was abolished Eph 2:15.

The law was nailed to the cross Col 2:14,

The law caused division between Gentile and Jew in Eph 2:14-15.

The law caused enmity with God and man, Eph 2:16-18.

We are not sons by law Gal 4:6, the law was a ministry of death and condemnation 2 Cor 3:7-9.

The law could not cleanse guilt Heb 9:14 and 10:4,

To revert to the old cov was to spurn the Spirit of grace and the blood of the Cov, it was sin Heb 10:26-29.

Christ is the end of the law Rom 10:4.

There was a time when there was no law Rom 5:13.

It was a ministry of death and condemnation, 2 Corinthians 3.

We are not under law, Gal 5:18, Romans 6:14.

The old cov was abolished, Heb 8:13, 10:9.
Weak and useless.

Hebrews 7:18-19 For on the one hand, a former commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness 19 (for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.

In Galatians 4:10-11, Paul said he wasted his time on them, if they got under Sabbath, the law, the Jewish calendar, and the basically same thing in Colossians 2:16.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Law deals with flesh, it was given to the flesh, a fallen creation, that did not come alive by law, it did not make alive, Gal 3:21.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then contrary to the promises of God? Certainly not! For if a law had been given that could give life, then righteousness would indeed be by the law.

2 Cor 3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Law is a way of saying, that one is not really good, or why would one need law?:D Paul said law is not for the church in 1 Tim 1, but for sinners. He gives a list of awful things in 1 Tim 1, the same list of Rom 1, evil critters are listed.

So to grab after law, reveals that one secretly knows he or she is not good, or why grasp after a "law solution"? Why try to fix it? (Law shows sin Rom 3:20, and Rom 7). One would not be relentlessly trying, if one were at peace with God. So law pride is silly, because to grasp law, in and of itself, shows sin and self effort, perfecting through the flesh Gal 3:3, so how could one be proud if they are full of sin?:confused::D

If one is at rest in grace, one knows he can't fix himself anyway, he is at rest in the cross, he stops striving, knowing God is done.:) True humility, something that does not come by law. Rom 2:17, and 2:23 talk abut law pride, and Rom 10:3, it was man's righteousness, as per Phil 3:9.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
If one holds up law over grace, one is still living in self strength and self righteousness, so he holds up sin, as he holds up law. An odd and actually funny paradox, to think that one if one holds up law, he really holds up sin, the thing one thinks he is fighting holding up law! lol!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When people live under law, they get a tingly touchy momentary feeling of glory, but really it is self glory that fades, because there is always another law, that will sooner or later bring condemnation. 2 Cor 3:9, it was a ministry of condemnation, where the glory faded. New cov grace is glory that never fades, it is permanent according to verse 11.

2 Cor 3:10 Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if what was being brought to an end came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus was a stumbling block, to the law.

If one tries to come to Him by law, all showing that if one tries to come to Him by law, he will stumble, all showing that the road to the Lord, can't be law. Jesus, Peter and Paul all said the same thing.

Matt 21:42
Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
“‘The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
this was the Lord's doing,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’?

Rom 9:32
Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, 33 as it is written,
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense;
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

1 Peter 2:6
For it stands in Scripture:
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone,
a cornerstone chosen and precious,
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”
7 So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe,
“The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”
8 and“A stone of stumbling,
and a rock of offense.”

They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.