Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(Rev 20:1) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

(Rev 20:2) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

(Rev 20:3) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

(Rev 20:4) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

(Rev 20:5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(Rev 20:6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

(Rev 20:7) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

(Rev 20:8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

(Rev 20:9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Rev 20:10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

(Rev 20:11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

(Rev 20:12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

(Rev 20:13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

(Rev 20:14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

(Rev 20:15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Verse 2-
Satan is bound for a thousand years--if you think a day here means a thousand years--a thousand years would be how long???---My brain can't go there---A day for a 1000 years is when the subject is obviously propohetic--if it had said "a thousand days"--then the prophetic timing would be more likely.

Verses 4+5
This also states that during that thousand years, all the saved would be reigning in heaven with Christ--and that "the rest of the dead lived not again until the 1000 years were finished."--This is called the 1st resurrection. So, When Christ comes, the SAVED are gathered together to be with Him (those that were alive at His coming, the saved dead were resurrected.)--Christ does not set foot on this earth at that first resurrection. The saved are called blessed and the 2nd death has no power over them.--The lost living at the time of Christs second coming are killed by the "brightness of His coming". The lost dead, stay dead--"The rest of the dead lived not again till the 1000 years were finished--so the saved are with God, the lost are all dead--and Satan is bound--He's on earth, with no one (just like the scapegoat in the sanctuary service on the day of atonement that was let out into the wilderness)

Verse 7--
After the 100 years, Satan is loosed and the lost dead are resurrected and Satan and the lost try to attack the city of God that is now coming down with all of heaven--final battle,--- the lost and Satan are all destroyed in the lake of fire--(the second death, of which the saved don't have any part of, we die only once)the earth is cleansed--made new--game over.

(Rev 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Verse 2-
Satan is bound for a thousand years--if you think a day here means a thousand years--a thousand years would be how long???---My brain can't go there---A day for a 1000 years is when the subject is obviously propohetic--if it had said "a thousand days"--then the prophetic timing would be more likely.

This is the verse they base their interpretation on:

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:8,9)​

They have taken it completely out of context, it does not mean that the terms can be used interchangeably.

Verses 4+5
This also states that during that thousand years, all the saved would be reigning in heaven with Christ--and that "the rest of the dead lived not again until the 1000 years were finished."--This is called the 1st resurrection. So, When Christ comes, the SAVED are gathered together to be with Him (those that were alive at His coming, the saved dead were resurrected.)--Christ does not set foot on this earth at that first resurrection. The saved are called blessed and the 2nd death has no power over them.--The lost living at the time of Christs second coming are killed by the "brightness of His coming". The lost dead, stay dead--"The rest of the dead lived not again till the 1000 years were finished--so the saved are with God, the lost are all dead--and Satan is bound--He's on earth, with no one (just like the scapegoat in the sanctuary service on the day of atonement that was let out into the wilderness)

That's not even the worst of it. At least one of them is denying the bodily resurrection of believers.

Verse 7--
After the 100 years, Satan is loosed and the lost dead are resurrected and Satan and the lost try to attack the city of God that is now coming down with all of heaven--final battle,--- the lost and Satan are all destroyed in the lake of fire--(the second death, of which the saved don't have any part of, we die only once)the earth is cleansed--made new--game over.

That's right, and one thing they have failed to do is offer a sound exposition of that particular text. That's Modernists for you.

(Rev 21:1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Still waiting to see what they think of that one.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Old Timer,

The church is the body of Christ. Romans 8:23 doesn't say redemption of our "bodies"
It says the redemption of our "body" not "bodies"

I checked it out in the Greek.

Here, I give you a bookmark to look at Romans 8:23 :)

Thank you for the correction coraline. Is there a point you're trying to make here with respect our body being redeemed rather than our bodies?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is the verse they base their interpretation on:

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:8,9)​

They have taken it completely out of context, it does not mean that the terms can be used interchangeably.
Actually you're wrong...that's one of many scriptures where God figuratively speaks in perfect thousand or thousands:

Like these:
Exodus 20:6:
6 but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Numbers 35:4, 5 as the cities for the Levites:
4 “The pasture lands of the cities which you shall give to the Levites shall extend from the wall of the city outward a thousand cubits around. 5 You shall also measure outside the city on the east side two thousand cubits, and on the south side two thousand cubits, and on the west side two thousand cubits, and on the north side two thousand cubits, with the city in the center. This shall become theirs as pasture lands for the cities.

These speak in terms perfect thousands for God's people and God's priests.

Those are just a couple of places, there are many more. If one studies the use of 1000 or perfect thousands in scripture BY GOD it's easy to see.

The 144,000 is a place where this is missed.

*John hears the number 12,000 for each tribe making a total of 144,000. People are taught these are 144.000 Jews who will evangelize, however that is NO Where in the passage.

John is consistently hearing and looking to see what that he hears means. In this case after John hears the 144,000 numbered the very next verse tells us what the 144,000 is:
Revelation 7:9:
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;

This is what the 144,000 represent ALL OF GOD'S PEOPLE. Now the biggest problem is failing to understand Israel are NOT God's people after Christ. God's people are ALL BELIEVERS Jew AND Gentile.

That's a crucial misunderstanding of the passage.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your response yeshuasavedme. I've read some of your other posts and find them all pretty fascinating.

With respect to this topic, it looks like there are some believers here who do see the last day as a thousand year day and not a 24 hour day.

This would explain how the righteous and the unrighteous can be raised from the dead in the same day even though they're a thousand years apart.

Yes, it is clear from Scripture that the resurrection of the righteous is in three stages:
First of Firstfruits
Firstfruits
Gleanings -when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation to set up his kingdom.

Then there is no more resurrection of the righteous, and not one soul who enters the millennial kingdom on earth as the remnant of the Jews and the sheep Gentiles [the Blessed of YHWH, they are called] dies in their body, ever, and they each live their thousand year day and they are all transformed to glory at the end of their day, as Adam would have been [as some ancient Jewish writings do say, in that Adam did not live his "thousand year day" because of sin, after which he would have been transformed, as the first of many sons of God of the human being kind.

There are sinners who die in the millennial reign, for their own sins, but at age 100, and there is no more resurrection of the righteous ever, for no righteous ever die anymore, in body, after Jesus sets up His millennial kingdom on earth.

At the end of that Millennial Sabbath, the resurrection of the unjust comes, and the final judgment of them.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Yes, it is clear from Scripture that the resurrection of the righteous is in three stages:
First of Firstfruits
Firstfruits
Gleanings -when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation to set up his kingdom.

Then there is no more resurrection of the righteous, and not one soul who enters the millennial kingdom on earth as the remnant of the Jews and the sheep Gentiles [the Blessed of YHWH, they are called] dies in their body, ever, and they each live their thousand year day and they are all transformed to glory at the end of their day, as Adam would have been [as some ancient Jewish writings do say, in that Adam did not live his "thousand year day" because of sin, after which he would have been transformed, as the first of many sons of God of the human being kind.

There are sinners who die in the millennial reign, for their own sins, but at age 100, and there is no more resurrection of the righteous ever, for no righteous ever die anymore, in body, after Jesus sets up His millennial kingdom on earth.

At the end of that Millennial Sabbath, the resurrection of the unjust comes, and the final judgment of them.

Thank you again yeshuasavedme, amazing stuff.

I was often taught that only Israel will be taken through the great tribulation (time of Jacob's trouble) and that the church will not be here as they're citizens of heaven and not earth.

Would you share some thoughts on that or is it too far removed from the topic etc?

In a way I suppose that it ties in with the millennial kingdom. Do you believe that the church of God (bride of Christ?) will be here in that last day or will they remain in heaven?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for the correction coraline. Is there a point you're trying to make here with respect our body being redeemed rather than our bodies?

Oh stop, the sarcasm is blinding me :cool:

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Revelation 20:4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

Judgment is coming for the millions of Christian brothers and sisters who have lost their lives for the witness of Jesus Christ over the past two thousand years. Also receiving rewards are those that have not bowed to the Antichrist in the five month period of deception (coming up shortly), nor did they take his mark through the deception, nor accepted his ways (image) in their minds. If you believe in the rapture theory, you will worship Satan in error. Mark 13 and Matthew 24 makes it clear that the Antichrist will come first. The "rapture theory" teaches that you will be lifted out by the first messiah, and that first (false) messiah is the Antichrist.

Ezekiel 3:8, 9 tells us "our forehead" is our mind. The seal that is in our forehead is what we believe to be true in our minds. The "mark of the beast" is the knowledge you will possess in your mind. What you believe as truth will either cause you to be deceive, or prevent you from being deceived by the first (false) Christ into thinking he is the true messiah.

Revelation 20:5 "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

If you are saved and make a stand against the Antichrist and his deceptions, you will reign with Christ 1,000 years.

Those who did take the "mark of the beast", their souls will not, I repeat, will not have an eternal spiritual body until they are tested after the millennium. I Corinthians 15:50-52 describes the mystery of the two bodies. The physical and spiritual bodies are two separate entities. There are also two spiritual bodies, one eternal, the other perishable (mortal). Those who take the mark of the beast will not have their eternal bodies at the seventh trump. Instead they will have mortal spiritual bodies (liable-to-die), and have to be taught again to learn the difference between 'the holy from the profane' for 1,000 years and then be tested at the end of it to earn that eternal body by choosing Jesus Christ.

What are we talking about when it says "the rest of the dead"? The difference in taking part in the first resurrection or not taking part -- which hinges on whether or not they were deceived by the Antichrist. Remember, John has been taken in the Spirit to the last day before Christ's return. Revelation 20 is talking about that specific day when the last trump sounds, and Jesus Christ our Lord is returning with His saints to the earth. This verse is not addressing those who died 50, 100, or at any time from any century prior to the sounding of the seventh trump. It is addressing the generation (our generation) who will live in the time of the seven seals, and those who will see some take Satan's mark (the mark of the beast) and give service to him.

I Corinthians 15:52 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

The kingdom of God is wherever Jesus Christ is, and flesh and blood cannot exist in that kingdom. When Christ returns for the Millennium age here on earth, flesh and blood bodies will not exist.

I Corinthians 15:51 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,"

This is a mystery that Paul is going to reveal to us that had been hidden until Paul's writing. This mystery concerns what happens at a particular point in time, for at that instant, there will be no more death. "Sleep" as used here, is # 2838 in the Strong's Greek Dictionary; "Koimesis, koy'-may-sis; from 2837, to put to sleep." We read in # 2837; "Koimao, Koy-mah'-o; to put to sleep, to decease, to be dead."
So a time is coming when all the people on the face of the earth will never see death in their flesh bodies again. This is the mystery that Paul is going to tell us; when this event shall take place.

I Corinthians 15:52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

On the first day of the Millennium age, the "Kingdom of Heaven" will be with us on earth. You cannot enter that kingdom age in a flesh body. Therefore, it is written in verse 52 that all will be changed, in the wink of an eye, and at the last trump (seventh trump). When that seventh trump sounds, everyone on earth will be changed to an incorruptible body.

That doesn't have anything to do with your soul, or its condition. Your physical body and your spiritual body (soul) have nothing to do with the condition of one another. Your soul is your inner man that will exist in your current flesh body, and either at death or at the seventh trump, will be changed and enter into a new body (spirit body) which will not be subject to the decay this flesh body is subject to.
So, to understand what will occur in the Millennium age, you must understand that instantly following the seventh trump, all flesh bodies simply do not have life. Not one person will exist in the flesh. Every person will have the same capabilities and all will have the understanding to be taught without Satan's influence.

However, only those saints of God who have died in the flesh, or who lived and stood against Satan will take part in the first resurrection. By that I mean, will have an active part with Jesus Christ in His kingdom and reign, as he rules and teaches the earth for one thousand years, and live in their immortal soul bodies. (There will be those who stumble for a short time and bow to satan, but they will repent before the seventh trumpet. Daniel 11:34 and still be part of the first resurrection - because they repented prior to the end of this flesh age).

I Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

The word "mortal" as used here in the Greek manuscripts never applies to a physical body, but it applies to your soul. So we see our physical bodies are gone at the seventh trump, and the mortal (soul) must put on immortality. That soul becomes your existence in the Millennium age. When the time of judgment comes at the end of the Millennium, you will enter eternity with Christ, or you will cease to exist -- you will be destroyed. At that time even the memory of your existence will be eliminated. This is serious business, my friend, and you know it.

If you enter the Millennium with a mortal (liable to die) soul, by following the Antichrist in ignorance, you must be an overcomer in the Millennium, or your soul will not put on immortality, and it will die.

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

We saw that those who took part in the first resurrection were those who died in the Lord, and those who did not yield to Satan, the Antichrist during his "one world" reign. Those who did not take the Antichrist's "mark of the beast", these are the blessed and holy ones. All of these people already will possess an immortal soul during the Millennium.

The "second death" is the second time of testing at the end of the Millennium age after Satan is released for a short season. The saints of Christ, and overcomers of the Antichrist's reign in this earth age of the flesh will not go through the second testing, or resurrection, with those mortal souls living in the Millennium age.
What are you going to do in the Millennium as a saint of Christ? You're going to be priests of God, and reign with Him. You are going to teach and oversee, and judge those mortal souls, as they will learn and follow all directives of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 20:7 "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison."

When everyone has been taught who are in their mortal (liable to die) soul bodies, then Satan will be loosed. Those teachings will have been given under perfect conditions, and all will have bodies with no ailments, perfect thought, and no temptations by Satan. In fact, all will know he was the deceiver of this earth age. Their understanding will be perfect.

Then Satan is released

revelation20

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

If you believe in the rapture theory, you will worship Satan in error. Mark 13 and Matthew 24 makes it clear that the Antichrist will come first. The "rapture theory" teaches that you will be lifted out by the first messiah, and that first (false) messiah is the Antichrist.

Hi n2thelight and thanks for your response. I was a bit intrigued with this comment and wondered how you figure that Satan is going to resurrect millions of Christians from their graves and then meet them in the air?

The rapture of the church is described in 1Thess4 where it speaks of the dead in Christ rising first, and then those who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.

You think that Satan is going to pull that off?

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying here because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Ezekiel 3:8, 9 tells us "our forehead" is our mind. The seal that is in our forehead is what we believe to be true in our minds. The "mark of the beast" is the knowledge you will possess in your mind. What you believe as truth will either cause you to be deceive, or prevent you from being deceived by the first (false) Christ into thinking he is the true messiah.

Revelation speaks of the mark as something with which you shall not be able to buy or sell. (As a side note I do some online trading and it always reminds me of this when I see the BUY and SELL buttons for trading).

To me it seems like we're practically there already, all it will take is some global monetary collapse and this new system being put into place.

What also tends to bother me about your comment here is that it appears that you don't believe that you can be deceived because of what you believe? Not sure what that is about although I've been a believer for a long time now and can't tell you how many times that I have been deceived.

Do you believe that you can't be deceived?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

n2thelight

Hi n2thelight and thanks for your response. I was a bit intrigued with this comment and wondered how you figure that Satan is going to resurrect millions of Christians from their graves and then meet them in the air?

The rapture of the church is described in 1Thess4 where it speaks of the dead in Christ rising first, and then those who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them to meet the Lord in the air.

You think that Satan is going to pull that off?

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying here because it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Your welcome OT

That's a good question,and no I don't think he's going to be able to pull that off,however I do know that his(satan) coming will be supernatural,as he is supernatural......But remember the strong delusion,that God will put on most of the people......

As for the dead rising,the dead are already with Christ,that's how they come back with Him......

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Revelation speaks of the mark as something with which you shall not be able to buy or sell. (As a side note I do some online trading and it always reminds me of this when I see the BUY and SELL buttons for trading).

To me it seems like we're practically there already, all it will take is some global monetary collapse and this new system being put into place.

What also tends to bother me about your comment here is that it appears that you don't believe that you can be deceived because of what you believe? Not sure what that is about although I've been a believer for a long time now and can't tell you how many times that I have been deceived.

Do you believe that you can't be deceived?

So what do you think the seal of God is ?

Check out the below link,it's a short read.....

The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Your welcome OT

That's a good question,and no I don't think he's going to be able to pull that off,however I do know that his(satan) coming will be supernatural,as he is supernatural......But remember the strong delusion,that God will put on most of the people......

Well it makes a little more sense now I suppose. Yes there's no doubt that there will be all kinds of lying signs and wonders, although I doubt that Satan can raise the dead and meet the church in the air.

As for the dead rising,the dead are already with Christ,that's how they come back with Him......

There are spirits of just men made perfect in heaven, although not their bodies. That will happen at the resurrection on the last day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

So what do you think the seal of God is ?

Check out the below link,it's a short read.....

I'm not sure what you're referring to here with respect to the seal of God, are you speaking of Rev 7 where it speaks of the seal of God in their foreheads?

If that's the case, then I have always thought of that as being born again like Paul says in Ephesians, sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption.

As for the article, I must disagree that the mark is something like our beliefs, because that wouldn't prevent anyone from buying or selling whereas a literal mark could fit that to the t.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
'"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4)​

Judgment is coming for the millions of Christian brothers and sisters who have lost their lives for the witness of Jesus Christ over the past two thousand years. Also receiving rewards are those that have not bowed to the Antichrist in the five month period of deception (coming up shortly), nor did they take his mark through the deception, nor accepted his ways (image) in their minds. If you believe in the rapture theory, you will worship Satan in error. Mark 13 and Matthew 24 makes it clear that the Antichrist will come first. The "rapture theory" teaches that you will be lifted out by the first messiah, and that first (false) messiah is the Antichrist.

First of all, no self respecting Dispensationalist, Calvinist, Catholic, Baptist...etc...Christian is going to worship the Beast because they don't agree with your capricious interpretation of Revelations 20. I've seen some pedantic, superficial arguments in my short time on here but this one is a real piece of work.

Really?

But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted. Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads. (Ezekiel 3:8,9)​

It sounds like the prophet is being sent to a hard hearted, hard headed, apostate Israel that is notoriously rejecting the Word of God.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (Revelation 20:5)​

If you are saved and make a stand against the Antichrist and his deceptions, you will reign with Christ 1,000 years.

Actually the entire Church including the believers from the Old Testament will be raised at the 'first resurrection' in accordance with the plans and purposes of God promised in the Gospel.

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Rev. 19:7,8)​

Those who did take the "mark of the beast", their souls will not, I repeat, will not have an eternal spiritual body until they are tested after the millennium. I Corinthians 15:50-52 describes the mystery of the two bodies. The physical and spiritual bodies are two separate entities. There are also two spiritual bodies, one eternal, the other perishable (mortal). Those who take the mark of the beast will not have their eternal bodies at the seventh trump. Instead they will have mortal spiritual bodies (liable-to-die), and have to be taught again to learn the difference between 'the holy from the profane' for 1,000 years and then be tested at the end of it to earn that eternal body by choosing Jesus Christ.

You mean this mystery?

And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. (1 Cor. 15:14-17)​

The eternal body is the physical body you have in this life, raised by Christ on the last day when the corruptible puts on the incorruptible. Am I really supposed to be intimidated by your dire warnings of perdition for believing in the resurrection? What you are preaching is, quite frankly, unlike anything the Scriptures teach regarding the resurrection.

I will be mild here and simply say you are mistaken.

What are we talking about when it says "the rest of the dead"? The difference in taking part in the first resurrection or not taking part -- which hinges on whether or not they were deceived by the Antichrist. Remember, John has been taken in the Spirit to the last day before Christ's return. Revelation 20 is talking about that specific day when the last trump sounds, and Jesus Christ our Lord is returning with His saints to the earth. This verse is not addressing those who died 50, 100, or at any time from any century prior to the sounding of the seventh trump. It is addressing the generation (our generation) who will live in the time of the seven seals, and those who will see some take Satan's mark (the mark of the beast) and give service to him.

That's just plain twisted. The Trumpets sound right around the middle of the Tribulation. If you make the last Trumpet it means the resurrection happens just over half way though the seven year Tribulation, just before the Vials of Wrath are poured out. That's a tough doctrine to defend and believe me, I've tried.

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (I Corinthians 15:52)​

The kingdom of God is wherever Jesus Christ is, and flesh and blood cannot exist in that kingdom. When Christ returns for the Millennium age here on earth, flesh and blood bodies will not exist.

Look, I'm sure this is just a bandwagon post but you are denying the physical resurrection of believers at the end of the age. if the dead are not raised, then Christ was not raised. If Christ was not raised then the dead are not raised. See how that works, those two doctrines are mutually dependent, you can't deny one without denying the other.

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed," (I Corinthians 15:51)​

This is a mystery that Paul is going to reveal to us that had been hidden until Paul's writing. This mystery concerns what happens at a particular point in time, for at that instant, there will be no more death. "Sleep" as used here, is # 2838 in the Strong's Greek Dictionary; "Koimesis, koy'-may-sis; from 2837, to put to sleep." We read in # 2837; "Koimao, Koy-mah'-o; to put to sleep, to decease, to be dead."

koimaō (Strong's G2837 κοιμάω koimaō)

Asleep, Sleep:
is used of natural "sleep," Mat 28:13; Luk 22:45; Jhn 11:12; Act 12:6; of the death of the body, but only of such as are Christ's; yet never of Christ Himself, though He is "the firstfruits of them that have fallen asleep," 1Cr 15:20; of saints who departed before Christ came, Mat 27:52; Act 13:36; of Lazarus, while Christ was yet upon the earth, Jhn 11:11; of believers since the Ascension, 1Th 4:13-15; Act 7:60; 1Cr 7:39; 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51; 2Pe 3:4.

Note: "This metaphorical use of the word sleep is appropriate, because of the similarity in appearance between a sleeping body and a dead body; restfulness and peace normally characterize both. The object of the metaphor is to suggest that, as the sleeper does not cease to exist while his body sleeps, so the dead person continues to exist despite his absence from the region in which those who remain can communicate with him, and that, as sleep is known to be temporary, so the death of the body will be found to be....

"That the body alone is in view in this metaphor is evident,

(a) from the derivation of the word koimaomai, from keimai, to lie down (cp. anastasis, resurrection, from ana, 'up,' and histemi, to cause to stand); cp. Isa 14:8, where for 'laid down,' the Sept. has 'fallen asleep;' (Vines Dictionary)​

I don't know what you mean by 'no more death', it's a word that either means natural sleep or metaphorically to die.

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. (koimaō) (1Cr 15:6)

Then they also which are fallen asleep (koimaō) in Christ are perished. (1Cr 15:18)

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. (koimaō) (1Cr 15:20)

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall (koimaō) not all sleep, (koimaō) but we shall all be changed, (1Cr 15:51)

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, (koimaō) she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord. (1Cr 7:39)

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. (koimaō) (1Cr 11:30)​

I've had quite enough of this, there is some study material for you to consider and I'll be back to see if it sunk in at all or you're still being hard headed.

Have a nice day :wave:
Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mark, are you being sarcastic?

How do I make those smiley guys?

Amazing post by the way! AMEN!

When you quote someone the Smilies are on the right side. I try to keep as much of the response sarcastic or I'm just going to dump a truck on these audacious claims.

Glad you enjoyed the post BTW.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Well it makes a little more sense now I suppose. Yes there's no doubt that there will be all kinds of lying signs and wonders, although I doubt that Satan can raise the dead and meet the church in the air.

There are spirits of just men made perfect in heaven, although not their bodies. That will happen at the resurrection on the last day.

Scripture says,the flesh returns to the dust from where it came.....We will never need them again....Also,if they are not in heaven at death,how can they come back with Christ,and if they have no bodies,how can they be given robes ...Also,Paul clearly said we have two bodies....We were never meant to be made flesh...

So I take it,you believe in a rapture,ie pre trib?

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Scripture says,the flesh returns to the dust from where it came.....We will never need them again....Also,if they are not in heaven at death,how can they come back with Christ,and if they have no bodies,how can they be given robes ...Also,Paul clearly said we have two bodies....We were never meant to be made flesh...

Hebrews mentions the 'spirits' of just men made perfect. That's how a person can be in heaven and not be resurrected, at least from what I can see.

I don't understand the point or reason for denying the literal resurrection of the dead, especially after Mark's post in response to yours. There's simply too much evidence to deny it, although my question to you is why?

Why do you deny the resurrection of the dead?

So I take it,you believe in a rapture,ie pre trib?

I've flip flopped so many times on this that I'm not sure where I stand at times. At this point in my life I do believe that the church of God meeting the Lord in the air is distinct from the Lord coming with his saints.

So yes, but then again, I can appreciate arguments from both sides of the table.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

@ Mark

Let's look at what Paul says

I Corinthians 15:35 "But some man will say, "How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?"

Paul is now going to tell us what happens and we bury them in the ground.

I Corinthians 15:36 "Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:"

It is important to understand the word "quickened", Remember in verse 22 Paul stated; "in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive." This Greek word for "quickened" is the same Greek word for the "coming alive". It means that all, sinners and saints are made alive through Christ. It doesn't mean that the soul is raised to eternal life, for the soul is not the subject here, but the question is what happens to the physical body?

It means to "revitalize" [# 2227 in Strong's] the soul, and become conscience and ready for judgment. This doesn't mean that all souls are saved, but that all souls are given life to continue as they were. If that soul was lost, it will still be lost, but the final death will not take place until after this age of the flesh is over, after the Millennium age, and the Great white throne judgment is finish. Then will be the time of the "second death" or the death of the lost souls. It means that the soul has put off the flesh body, and put on their spiritual body, but their soul is still condemned to death if it is not in right standing with God.

I Corinthians 15:44 "It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body."

There is a natural body, which is your flesh body, and there is also a spiritual or soul body. The two are different and when the natural body, or flesh body dies the spiritual body is "raised", or in the Greek text "egiro, awakened, become active from its death". You have two bodies, one natural body contains your spiritual body, and that spiritual body is awakened to a new life, when the flesh or natural body dies and releases your soul. Your spirit and your soul are together, for the spirit is your "self", "the intellect of your soul" which houses your spirit within you.

Your spirit never leaves your soul, even at the death of your flesh body. Satan does not have any power over your spiritual body, but only your flesh body. Man and Satan can tare this flesh body to peaces and cause you to do all sorts of things, but no-one can damage your soul, not man, not Satan nor the angels. God is the only one that can destroy the soul and that comes at the end of the Millennium age, following judgment. However through deception Satan can cause you to sin against God, and thus be in trouble before the Almighty God. But that is why we have repentance in the name of Jesus to become right-standing before the Father again.

It just can't be made any clearer than Paul has made it here. You have two bodies, the flesh and the spiritual bodies. When the flesh body dies, then the spiritual body is awakened and come alive within itself. It starts to live a life without the baggage of the flesh body confining it to the limits of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 "Then [at death] shall the dust [flesh body] return to the earth as it was: and the spirit [spiritual body] shall return [instantly] to God [Father] Who gave it."

Ecclesiastes 9:5 "For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten."

This is written by Solomon to the flesh man that walks under the sun, and when the life of the flesh is over, it has no more knowledge or thought than a stick or rock. It is useless, but the soul that is within it is gone and with the Father

Upvote 0