DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I had one back in the 80's~

It was a casio, so I cleverly taped over the "c" and the "o" ans told everybody it was an "ASI", which nobody had ever heard of, so they assumed it was cool. I actually prefered the Casio over the Roland, cuz I preferred the wheel bender over the ribbon~

Upvote 0

PureSolace

Jan 22, 2006
Bellevue, WA, USA
✟8,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious, am i the only one now adays who has a keytar or even thinks that they're cool.
I always wanted to play one, but never had the chance, and no music store carries them cause they see them as a joke. (That's what they said about the theramin!)

Upvote 0

Bartolomeo

Mar 26, 2008
✟7,664.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
The only purpose the keytar serves for a serious musician is to allow the keyboard player to engage in stage antics like a guitarist while playing. There are a few serious keyboard players that do integrate them into their show for this reason. On the other hand most keyboard players are content to sit downstage and leave the spotlight to other players.

Upvote 0

ListenerFriendly

I Am My Own Adversary...
Mar 25, 2006
The Westward End Of An Eastbound Sh
Visit site
✟8,928.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think they're freakin' awesome. I think as a band, a staionary keyboard is more preferable, but the keytar should be a part of the stage! Showbreads (now former :() Keyboardist often played the keytar...

AND MAY RAW ROCK KILL YOU FOREVER AND EVER, AMEN.

Upvote 0