Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ken, If I may offer the following advice, the Bible is you guide full stop. Read it daily pray and make sure what ever you do is moving closer to Jesus Christ daily. We will stumble and get it wrong but that why we carry a cross for Christ. Just grow ask, question read pray, chew the meat and spit out the bones.
I appreciate the reply but when I said I would re-read with a fresh eye I meant your OP, not the bible.

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!
Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate the reply but when I said I would re-read with a fresh eye I meant your OP, not the bible.
Please accept my apologies it was not my intention to offend you.

Regards Doug

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Will do. And follower of Christ is fine :) I too am not so aligned to the mainstream picture Christianity presents today. I am not judging those within it, I am not saying they do not belong to God... but we are born into a religion that I am not so sure appears all that much like the faith as it was in the first century. In fact, at that time is was widely considered a sect of Judaism.

Will re-read with a fresh eye. Blessings.
Ken,
Al-Masseh grown, educated, prayed, circumcised,,, as per Mosa's Law. This is from NT itself. All his followers during his life were Jews. In fact, he didn't bring a new religion "Christianity". He was sent to the "Israels lost sheep" as per NT.
This is somehow nearby the Islamic belief in Al-Masseh's mission.
Regards

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ken,
Al-Masseh grown, educated, prayed, circumcised,,, as per Mosa's Law. This is from NT itself. All his followers during his life were Jews. In fact, he didn't bring a new religion "Christianity". He was sent to the "Israels lost sheep" as per NT.
Regards

So do we understand from this you accept the New Testament as authentic?

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The Quran makes the following statements about the Injil or Gospels (Defined as the New Testament books called Mathew Mark, Luke and John), to avoid any confusing or claim of misrepresentation of the context of the Quran on the part of the reader I have added the Tafsir (Arabic word for exegesis) :-
Hi Doug,
Let us set the rules here as per Quran in Arabic language:-
  • Injeel is totally different from Gospels in many ways:
    • Allah told us about Injeel إنجيل as a book revealed to Al-Masseh personally via Gabriel
    • Injeel is a revealed book to the Prophet Al-Masseh
    • Injeel is like Torah and Quran
    • It's not subject to be edited
    • It's a false translation to translate it to Injeel as Gospel(s)
    • What about Gospel(s) ?
      • It's created/written by Mark, Luke, Matteo, and John
      • Nothing in Quran about these 4 Apostles
      • There is no evidences that Al-Masseh has reviewed/read/written/said these books
      • Gospel as somehow like History of Jesus-Christ. Luke 1:1 "I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus"
      • Luke's writing is just an investigation (not an eye witness even)
      • Luke's writing is just a letter from someone to a friend
From the above, there is no connection between Injeel and what is known as Gospel(s). The word Gospel is not in Quran in any of the verses you've listed.
From the above Surahs it clear states the Injil or Gospels (Mathew Mark Luke and John) was given to Jesus by Allah. It further states the Injil is a book just as the Quran and the Torah are books that were sent down by Allah.

Absoultly false as it's based on a false assumption that Al-Masseh's Injeel is same as the Gosepl's of Mark, Luke, Mathew, and John
The above verses make clear that the Injil is the book of the Christians. Thus the following can derived from the Quran as fact.

· The Injil refers to the New Testament.

· The book that is with them and which they believe in is the bible as the Christians had in the 7th century when Muhammad was alive. Therefore the bible we have today.

· The author of the Quran even gives a warning the Christians to fully obey (the Torah and) the Injil that they have.
Another false results based on 3 false assumptions:
Problem #1

When we look at the New Testament, the book which is the Scripture of the Christians, we see that it nowhere makes the claim that it is a book that was "given to Jesus". Christians and Muslims will agree the New Testament consists of several books that were written by followers of Jesus (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) AFTER the ascension of Jesus. Most defiantly not a book handed to Jesus, if no mention of this is made in the New Testament Manuscript, historical teaching of the early Church or ant tradition we know off we are left with one of two choices:-
Let us mark this agreed fact, It's fully comply with my view as Gospel is not Injeel
Gospel(s) is not given to Jesus, written by the followers of Jesus after he has gone, not a book handed to Jesys
Therefore, the Injil can EITHER be a book given to Jesus,

OR

It can be the book that the Christians hold as they Holy Scriptures.
It's the first one, Injeel was given to Al-Masseh
But It Can Not Be Both.
True
Reconciling Problem #1

Muhammad was unlettered, that is could not read or write and apparently assumed that the Scripture of the Christians (and Jews) would be very similar to the Quran, the book which he thought he received from Allah. However, Muhammad was clearly ignorant of the matter. The essential nature of the Quran and the Bible are very different. A book "given to Jesus" in a similar way as Muhammad claims to have received the Quran does not exist and Christians have never claimed that such a book existed at any time.
Good to accept that Prophet was unlettered. As per our belief, he receives the Quran from Almighty. This what Almighty told. He doesn't speak on his own.
Therefore the claim of Surah 5:46 (and we bestowed on him the Gospel) is merely a wrong idea that sprang from the mind of Muhammad.
The correct word is Injeel إنجيل not the Gospel
Problem #2
Muslims claim the Injil has been lost, and would be a point for consideration if the author of the Quran made only statements like those found in Surah 5:46 and 19:30. Muslims could have said the Injil of Jesus was simply lost or Jesus indeed received such a book but, somehow, it disappeared. Further Muslims also could have claimed that the New Testament clearly is something very different from the Injil as defined by the Quran, and could have concluded that therefore they do not believe in the Christian New Testament since the Quran does not endorse it.
Thank you This is exactly what I'm telling:
  • "Clearly is something very different from the Injil"
  • We "do not believe in the Christian New Testament since the Quran does not endorse it"
However, if we follow the Islamic faith and tradition the Quran id Allahs word unchanged and perfect thus we cannot avoid the balance of the statement in the Quran about the Injil. The Quran identifies the Injil as the Scripture of the Christians.
Nothing in Quran is said "Christians". Allah in Quran said about "People of the Book", Injeel, Al-Masseh, Nasara
Therefore, since the Injil is the book of the Christians, the Quran makes a blatantly wrong claim about the basic nature of the Injil. It neither is nor ever was a book given to Jesus.
Based on wrong assumptions
Reconciling Problem #2

How could this error arise in the mind of Muhammad? As with other so called revelations Muhammad imposes his own ideas into the Quran. He may have heard statements like in the first verse of the Gospel according to Mark:

“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, ...”

And mistakenly thought that this meant the same as the book presented to him in the cave by the spirit of a Angel of light. Therefore Muhammad projected his own experience of receiving revelation of a book (the Quran) on Jesus and simply assumed that the book of Jesus that was held sacred by his followers must also have been a book given to Jesus (like the sacred book of the Muslims is the book given to Muhammad). However, Muhammad was wrong about this, and this mistake exposes the Quran as a forgery. The Quran is not divine revelation but a collection of mistaken assumptions by its author.
Wrong conclusion based on wrong assumptions.
I used your words to state Islamic belief
If you disbelief that Gospel(s) are not revealed books to Jesus (I agree), Torah is a revealed book to Mosa. For the seek of discussion, Torah was an example for a revealed book like Quran. So it's not an invented idea
But the Bible is Corrupted!
Muslim are open about that anything that contradicts the Quran is a fabrication, false or corrupted. But this does not solve problem. Here are two reasons why this is not a solution:-
Firstly, the Quran never claims that the Injil is corrupted. There are certain accusations against the Jews, but no charge that the Christians corrupted their Scripture.

Secondly, no Christian says there are not scribble and transmission errors in the Bible, however non that effect the message and or doctrines of faith. Most defiantly none that would explain the fundamental difference in the nature of the Quran and New Testament.
I like the fact that "no Christian says there are not scribble and transmission errors in the Bible"
No GURANTEE that the "non that effect the message and or doctrines of faith" in light of :
  • More than 400.000 variations found between certified NT manuscripts
  • The wide variations of Christian beliefs and Churches
For illustration: The Quran is (allegedly) a book that was "sent down" from Allah to Muhammad. It was (supposedly) not written by Muhammad but given to him by Allah. On the other hand, the Hadith are memories of the companions and followers of Muhammad, formulated and written up by Muslims long after the death of Muhammad. They are their recollection of what Muhammad said and did.

Would it be possible for anyone to change the Quran (the book given to Muhammad) into a collection of hadiths without the Muslim community realizing that their scripture had changed into something entirely different?

Impossible. Quran is using in 5 main prayers a day, memorized partially by all Muslims all over generations, memorized fully by millions all over generations.
There is no single evidence or proof that a letter has been changed.

Hadeeths are being studied and sorted since early days. It's a complicated group of since that searches the narrators, chain of narrators, and narrations. It has been categorized and many have been rejected

No mix at all between Quran and Hadeeth
Without doubt, the Muslim answer will be a resounding NO. But if that is impossible for the Muslim book and community, why would any Muslim think that this would have been possible in the Christian community? Originally, the Christians had a "book given to Jesus" but one day they woke up and their scripture had turned into a collection of writings by followers of Jesus and nobody realized the change, and nobody protested against it? Believing such a theory demands a lot of blind faith in the Quran. It is impossible. Anyone with the least bit of common sense will have to conclude that this cannot possibly have happened, and this implies that the author of the Quran simply made an error regarding the nature of the Christian Scripture.
You're requested to provide one evidence for discrepancy or change in Quran between the oldest one and the most modern one or across different geographies
It's different when it comes to New testimony, differences are there in old manuscripts (400.000 variations). Differences between different Churches certified copies to the level of accepting/denying a complete book, normal to find discrepancies on level statements and words.
Compare different translations in different eras.
Evidences are in your hands.
Therefore we can conclude the Injil is the same as the New Testament of Mohammad’s time, Textual history confirm since 600AD to date there are no changes in the New Testament, this is confirmed in silence as the Quran does not state the bible is corrupted. Thus the Quran support the Bible of the Christians as we have it today as authentic and the scripture used by Christians.
No Injeel is not New Testimony, You've stated this yourself above.
Wrong assumption that NT is the same since 600 ACE, There were complete NT in one artifact at that time. There is no trace for ancient Arabic NT. The 400000 variations is a proof that there were not a complete book called NT.

A brief of history of study of variations in NT:
  • Origen, writing in the 3rd century, was one of the first who made remarks about differences between manuscripts of texts
  • John Mill's 1707, Greek NT manuscripts contain some 30,000 variants
  • Eberhard Nestle estimated this number in 1897 as 150,000–200,000 variants
  • Bart D. Ehrman estimated that there are "between 200,000–400,000 variants
  • in 2014 Eldon J. Epp raised the estimate as high as 750,000
  • in 2016 Peter J. Gurry non-spelling variants is around 500,000
With all this variations, the writings of Mark, Luke, Mathew, and John have been lost among all these variotions.

The NT is not the Injeel mentioned in Quran.
Regards

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ken,
Regards
Respectfully, I probably don't know enough of the finer details of your religion to speak with enough knowledge to even make it a worthwhile discussion. I agree that Yeshua was raised as a Torah observant Jew... and when I hear WWJD (What would Jesus do?) I think to myself, "He would have kept the Torah, perfectly in fact." I also don't view his mission as one that was designed to create a new religion and I think this is borne-out by the fact that until the Bar Kokhba Revolt (132-135AD) (ish) Christianity was considered a sect of Judaism. In fact, in practice, early Christianity was virtually indistinguishable from most of Judaism. That isn't to add weight to the religion we see as Judaism today... but I believe that if the two sects of Pharisees and what they taught was understood, much context would be added to the NT for many.

What I personally see, is Messiah walking prophetically on an existing path that had been strayed away from by the Lost Sheep (i.e. the Northern Kingdom) and walked on but not to the full intent of God by Judah (i.e. the Southern Kingdom).

There are some who view Islam (and I am not speaking of its more radical forms) as a people who are part of God's plan and will be, as will Christians and Jews, joined as one into the self-same family. There are others who see Islam (the more radical forms) as the Beast of Revelation. I don't know enough to say... I do believe the Arabs are a descendant of Abraham... and one way or the other that counts. But again, I lack the information to take a firm stance so I won't. Instead... I will just keep doing what I believe the Lord has called me to do. :)

Shalom.
Ken

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
So do we understand from this you accept the New Testament as authentic?
ِAbsolutly no.
To be fair, I don't say it's all forged or false. It has remains of true words and history of Al-Masseh.
It has remains of Injeel the revealed book to Al-Massih.
It has a lot of untrue history and teaching.
With 500000 variations between manuscripts, We're not able to distinguish the true and orignial teaching and history of Al-Masseh
Regards

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ِAbsolutly no.
To be fair, I don't say it's all forged or false. It has remains of true words and history of Al-Masseh.
With 500000 variations between manuscripts, We're not able to distinguish the true and orignial teaching and history of Al-Masseh
Regards
That is interesting. While I believe one has the right to make up their own mind (meaning, I won't try to share other views unless you want to hear them) I have to say that I see GREAT consistency in the other NT manuscripts. Not only with each other, but with the Tanach (OT) and with many of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Not only that, the Targumim that were written 30+ years BEFORE Yeshua, might have been written by a Christian as they so align to what is revealed throughout the NT.

I understand accepting the gospels as a reliable source for Messiah's life... but they come out of that same group of manuscripts you have issues with. The oldest full NT we have is the Peshitta which is in Aramaic, and it is incredibly consistent (there are SOME variations) with the Greek manuscripts that come from a later time. I honestly can understand why you might view some of the later letters as being unreliable. I do NOT see them as such.... but I now understand why many do, especially when that person has a Semitic background. But that is a topic that I probably prefer not to have openly... some things I would say would be easy to take out of context unless I was given the time to lay the whole case out... which in a forum like this, is very hard to do.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, I probably don't know enough of the finer details of your religion to speak with enough knowledge to even make it a worthwhile discussion. I agree that Yeshua was raised as a Torah observant Jew... and when I hear WWJD (What would Jesus do?) I think to myself, "He would have kept the Torah, perfectly in fact." I also don't view his mission as one that was designed to create a new religion and I think this is borne-out by the fact that until the Bar Kokhba Revolt (132-135AD) (ish) Christianity was considered a sect of Judaism. In fact, in practice, early Christianity was virtually indistinguishable from most of Judaism. That isn't to add weight to the religion we see as Judaism today... but I believe that if the two sects of Pharisees and what they taught was understood, much context would be added to the NT for many.
I do agree with this.
Allah told us in Quran about previous nations and prophets.
The story of Al-Masseh not Jesus-Christ is more or less as you summed it up.
More or less, Al-Masseh was a prophet like others. He tried to correct Israelis behavior to abide to Torah to avoid Allah's punishment.
For your info, There is nothing in Quran about a religion called Christianity.

What I personally see, is Messiah walking prophetically on an existing path that had been strayed away from by the Lost Sheep (i.e. the Northern Kingdom) and walked on but not to the full intent of God by Judah (i.e. the Southern Kingdom).
I don't know

There are some who view Islam (and I am not speaking of its more radical forms) as a people who are part of God's plan and will be, as will Christians and Jews, joined as one into the self-same family. There are others who see Islam (the more radical forms) as the Beast of Revelation. I don't know enough to say... I do believe the Arabs are a descendant of Abraham... and one way or the other that counts. But again, I lack the information to take a firm stance so I won't. Instead... I will just keep doing what I believe the Lord has called me to do. :)

Shalom.
Ken
OK
Salam سلام

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
That is interesting. While I believe one has the right to make up their own mind (meaning, I won't try to share other views unless you want to hear them) I have to say that I see GREAT consistency in the other NT manuscripts. Not only with each other, but with the Tanach (OT) and with many of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Not only that, the Targumim that were written 30+ years BEFORE Yeshua, might have been written by a Christian as they so align to what is revealed throughout the NT.

I understand accepting the gospels as a reliable source for Messiah's life... but they come out of that same group of manuscripts you have issues with. The oldest full NT we have is the Peshitta which is in Aramaic, and it is incredibly consistent (there are SOME variations) with the Greek manuscripts that come from a later time. I honestly can understand why you might view some of the later letters as being unreliable. I do NOT see them as such.... but I now understand why many do, especially when that person has a Semitic background. But that is a topic that I probably prefer not to have openly... some things I would say would be easy to take out of context unless I was given the time to lay the whole case out... which in a forum like this, is very hard to do.
Unfortunately, Christian researchers who are specialized in Bible study don't share the same opinion.
The variations between manuscripts from all languages are counted as many as 400.000-500.000 variations including Peshitta.
Peshitta (Syriac) was translated from Greek manuscript. Some researchers claim that it's from 2nd century but others say it's from 5th to 8th century.
Also, it misses some books and chapters from some books (may it didn't exist at that time).
Problems With Peshitta Primacy

Regards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once again Limo I see you have replied without understanding of what I have written or what is written in your Holy Book the Quran. However my rebuttal follows:-

Injeel is totally different from Gospels in many ways:
  • Allah told us about Injeel إنجيل as a book revealed to Al-Masseh personally via Gabriel
  • Injeel is a revealed book to the Prophet Al-Masseh
  • Injeel is like Torah and Quran
  • It's not subject to be edited
  • It's a false translation to translate it to Injeel as Gospel(s)
Yes I mentioned all these point in post #1 and accept this is the Islamic belief. However my problem is the Quran does not support this in its entirety.

What about Gospel(s) ?
  • It's created/written by Mark, Luke, Matteo, and John
Yes this is common knowledge, nothing new here.

Nothing in Quran about these 4 Apostles

Here are a few Surahs with the Tafsir (Islamic commentary)
Surah 19:12 "O John, hold on to the Scripture firmly," and We gave him wisdom in his youth.
Tafsir al-Jalalayn, trans. Feras Hamza
And two years after his birth God exalted be He said to him ‘O John! Hold on to the Scripture namely the Torah firmly’ earnestly. And We gave him judgement prophethood while still a child a three-year old;

Clearly referring to John the Baptist

Surah 5:110
110 When Allah will say, "O Jesus son of Mary, recall My favor upon you and upon your mother, how I supported you with the Holy Spirit.

Mention when God said ‘O Jesus son of Mary remember My favour to you and to your mother be thankful for it; when I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit.

Surah 3:52-53
When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, "Who are my allies towards Allah?" The disciples said, "We are Allah's allies; we have believed in Allah, and bear witness that we submit." "Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses."
And when Jesus sensed when he became aware of their disbelief and they plotted to kill him he said ‘Who will be my helpers departing unto God?’ to help His religion; The disciples said ‘We will be helpers of God those who assist His religion they were Jesus’s intimates and the first to believe in him. They were twelve men who were of pure white complexion hawar; but some say that they were called hawāriyyūn because they were bleachers of clothes qassārūn; we believe in we accept the truth of God; witness O Jesus that we have submitted.

Clearly Jesus disciples, Mathew Mark, John and so on, which after Jesus Crucifixion were know as apostles.

Please take note that these are not my words but directly from your Quran as revealed by Allah

There is no evidences that Al-Masseh has reviewed/read/written/said these books

If you had of read post # 1 you would see this is what I said.

Gospel as somehow like History of Jesus-Christ. Luke 1:1 "I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus"

Funny you take about rules and reading things in context, the next verse says what ...........

It's not the interpretation it's about the context.
If you want to understand a book, you can't cut peaces out of context and ask questions.
You need to know about language, environment, circumstances, history to understand the context of a statement.

Luke's writing is just an investigation (not an eye witness even)

As we know you edited the scripture to suit you argument, not very honest of you is it, funny against your claim of reading things incontext as noted above.

Luke 1:1-4
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

Luke's writing is just a letter from someone to a friend

That is clear from the scripture, what is your point.

From the above, there is no connection between Injeel and what is known as Gospel(s). The word Gospel is not in Quran in any of the verses you've listed.

I have sited a number of Surah saying other wise. Therefore to accept your claim above means to deny what the Quran is teaching.

Absoultly false as it's based on a false assumption that Al-Masseh's Injeel is same as the Gosepl's of Mark, Luke, Mathew, and John

I have sited a number of Surah saying other wise. Therefore to accept your claim above means to deny what the Quran is teaching. Besides the quran itself say it is clear and easy to understand.

Another false results based on 3 false assumptions:
  • Injeel is not the Gospel(s)

Ok the third time you have said this and still its your word against the Quran. Which should I believe.

"Christian(s)" is not in Quran at all. Quran calls Jews who believed in Al-Masseh as prophet نصارى which means supporters, helpers, followers not Christians

Here are 3 verses from surah 2 alone and there are many more.
Have you actually read the quran or do you just reciet it in blind faith of what your Iman tells you?
[2:62]Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Christians, and the Sabeans—any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and act righteously—will have their reward with their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
ITANI - Allah
[2:111]And they say, "None will enter Heaven unless he is a Jew or a Christian." These are their wishes. Say, "Produce your proof, if you are truthful."
ITANI - Allah
[2:113]The Jews say, "The Christians are not based on anything;" and the Christians say, "The Jews are not based on anything." Yet they both read the Scripture. Similarly, the ignorant said the same thing. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection regarding their differences.
ITANI - Allah

Gospel in Prophet Mohamed era is the same as the one exist today. I guide you to 3 subjects :

No of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread. since you do not under stand the Quran why would you want to discuss textual variants for, we know they there.

There is no single evidence or proof that a letter has been changed.

We have already discussed this in the associated thread and you failed to offer any proof. Is not the topic of this thread

The NT is not the Injeel mentioned in Quran.

Clearly the Quran does not agree with you.
secondly all you offer is I say so comments with no references to the Quran.
So I think in this case I will go with the Quran version.

Regards Doug

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, Christian researchers who are specialized in Bible study don't share the same opinion.
The variations between manuscripts from all languages are counted as many as 400.000-500.000 variations including Peshitta.
Peshitta (Syriac) was translated from Greek manuscript. Some researchers claim that it's from 2nd century but others say it's from 5th to 8th century.
Also, it misses some books and chapters from some books (may it didn't exist at that time).
Problems With Peshitta Primacy

Regards
I don't have an Aramaic primacy... I think the NT is made up of mostly Hebrew works, some Aramaic, perhaps a few in Greek. Not once have I come across any evidence at all that suggests the Peshitta was translated from Greek. The disciples were Jews not Romans... I think the idea of all the original letters being written in Greek works well in a dispensational, anomian, anti-Semitic culture but is not consistent with any decent historical analysis.

Again, you are welcome to whatever it is you believe, I have no intention of trying to clone myself. :) I do appreciate your thoughts but I don't agree with some things you said. Shalom.

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ِAbsolutly no.
Regards

Fair or not you have shown no proof to show the reference in the quran to the New Testament are false or thast it was a book revealed to Jesus.

Trying to move the topic to textual critisim is seen as your agreement to the Quranic passage I have offered proving Muhammad accepted the NT as we have it today.

Beside the fact I notice you have added a 100,000 errors to the NT from your yesterday post, this shows again you are making up facts as you go alone. It seems to me you are the only one concerned with the NT errors and not the Christians. Therefore you argument is mute.

Again with respect I ask you to keep to the topic of the thread.

Regards Doug

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have an Aramaic primacy... I think the NT is made up of mostly Hebrew works, some Aramaic, perhaps a few in Greek. Not once have I come across any evidence at all that suggests the Peshitta was translated from Greek. The disciples were Jews not Romans... I think the idea of all the original letters being written in Greek works well in a dispensational, anomian, anti-Semitic culture but is not consistent with any decent historical analysis.

Again, you are welcome to whatever it is you believe, I have no intention of trying to clone myself. :) I do appreciate your thoughts but I don't agree with some things you said. Shalom.

Ken
with respect I have asked you to keep your conversion to the thread topic and again I see you discussing textual criticism and thus purposefully derailing answers to the question at hand.

You are welcome to start your own thread if this is what you wish to discuss.

Regards Doug

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Once again Limo I see you have replied without understanding of what I have written or what is written in your Holy Book the Quran.
Doug, why don't you address the subject not the person?
However my rebuttal follows:-
Yes I mentioned all these point in post #1 and accept this is the Islamic belief. However my problem is the Quran does not support this in its entirety.

Yes this is common knowledge, nothing new here.

Here are a few Surahs with the Tafsir (Islamic commentary)
Surah 19:12 "O John, hold on to the Scripture firmly," and We gave him wisdom in his youth.
And two years after his birth God exalted be He said to him ‘O John! Hold on to the Scripture namely the Torah firmly’ earnestly. And We gave him judgement prophethood while still a child a three-year old;

Clearly referring to John the Baptist

Surah 5:110
110 When Allah will say, "O Jesus son of Mary, recall My favor upon you and upon your mother, how I supported you with the Holy Spirit.

Mention when God said ‘O Jesus son of Mary remember My favour to you and to your mother be thankful for it; when I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit.

Surah 3:52-53
When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, "Who are my allies towards Allah?" The disciples said, "We are Allah's allies; we have believed in Allah, and bear witness that we submit." "Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses."
And when Jesus sensed when he became aware of their disbelief and they plotted to kill him he said ‘Who will be my helpers departing unto God?’ to help His religion; The disciples said ‘We will be helpers of God those who assist His religion they were Jesus’s intimates and the first to believe in him. They were twelve men who were of pure white complexion hawar; but some say that they were called hawāriyyūn because they were bleachers of clothes qassārūn; we believe in we accept the truth of God; witness O Jesus that we have submitted.

Clearly Jesus disciples, Mathew Mark, John and so on, which after Jesus Crucifixion were know as apostles.

Please take note that these are not my words but directly from your Quran as revealed by Allah

If you had of read post # 1 you would see this is what I said.

Funny you take about rules and reading things in context, the next verse says what ...........

As we know you edited the scripture to suit you argument, not very honest of you is it, funny against your claim of reading things incontext as noted above.

Luke 1:1-4
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

That is clear from the scripture, what is your point.

I have sited a number of Surah saying other wise. Therefore to accept your claim above means to deny what the Quran is teaching.

I have sited a number of Surah saying other wise. Therefore to accept your claim above means to deny what the Quran is teaching. Besides the quran itself say it is clear and easy to understand.

Ok the third time you have said this and still its your word against the Quran. Which should I believe.

Here are 3 verses from surah 2 alone and there are many more.
Have you actually read the quran or do you just reciet it in blind faith of what your Iman tells you?
[2:62]Those who believe, and those who are Jewish, and the Christians, and the Sabeans—any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and act righteously—will have their reward with their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
ITANI - Allah
[2:111]And they say, "None will enter Heaven unless he is a Jew or a Christian." These are their wishes. Say, "Produce your proof, if you are truthful."
ITANI - Allah
[2:113]The Jews say, "The Christians are not based on anything;" and the Christians say, "The Jews are not based on anything." Yet they both read the Scripture. Similarly, the ignorant said the same thing. Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection regarding their differences.
ITANI - Allah

No of this has anything to do with the topic of the thread. since you do not under stand the Quran why would you want to discuss textual variants for, we know they there.
Look Doug,
Quran is in Arabic. Right?
In Islam, this is the only certified language for prayer.
In Quran, Allah told us about المسيح which should be transferred to English and other languages as Almasseh no more no less
If stupid translators translated to Jesus Christ, this is totally wrong and against islamic belief . Clear ?
Same with Injeel إنجيل it should be transfeded as Injeel not gospel.
Same with نصارى Nasara shouldn't be Christians
If this is clear then fine, if not you must consult anyone who is knowledgeable in Arabic the language
So, nothing in Quran said about Jesus Christ, nor gospels nor Christians.
We have already discussed this in the associated thread and you failed to offer any proof. Is not the topic of this thread
Be accurate , you've raised some claims for contradiction not for changes in Quran.
Clearly the Quran does not agree with you.
secondly all you offer is I say so comments with no references to the Quran.
So I think in this case I will go with the Quran version.

Regards Doug
As you wish but this is not true.
Finally, nothing in Quran about jesus Christ, nor about gospel, nor about Christians
In Quran, Allah told us about Almasseh, his book Injeel, his true folowers Nasara
Regards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

You're saying what I'm saying
If Almasseh and Apostles have left books, it should be mostly in Hebrew and some in Syriac and Aramaic
The surprise is all old known books are in Greek.
Syriac or Aramaic copies are just another translations of the Greek books to Syriac and Aramaic.
You can review the submitted link in my previous comment about Peshetta
You can review any non biased book about history of the NT. Mostly , neither doubt nor debate about this known fact between respected scholars

It's normal not to agree about many things. It's vice versa :clap:

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟35,475.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Fair or not you have shown no proof to show the reference in the quran to the New Testament are false or thast it was a book revealed to Jesus.
No good or bad reference in Quran to NT
Trying to move the topic to textual critisim is seen as your agreement to the Quranic passage I have offered proving Muhammad accepted the NT as we have it today.

Beside the fact I notice you have added a 100,000 errors to the NT from your yesterday post, this shows again you are making up facts as you go alone. It seems to me you are the only one concerned with the NT errors and not the Christians. Therefore you argument is mute.
Textual criticism was brought to respond to false claim that NT was not changed since 6th century
Moving from 400 thousands to 500 thousands was done by Christians researchers not by me
Again with respect I ask you to keep to the topic of the thread.

Regards Doug
It's you who brought the false point of unchanged NT
Regards

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doug, why don't you address the subject not the person?

Wow you are offend, my observation is simple your replied to post #1 without reading it with understanding. You view this as an attack instead of viewing it as a means to engage in a meaning full discussion. Pitty!

Quran is in Arabic. Right?
In Islam, this is the only certified language for prayer.
In Quran, Allah told us about المسيح which should be transferred to English and other languages as Almasseh no more no less
If stupid translators translated to Jesus Christ, this is totally wrong and against islamic belief . Clear ?
The quran States:-
[57:25] We sent Our messengers with the clear proofs, and We sent down with them the Book and the Balance, that humanity may uphold justice.

If this is intended only for Arabian reading and speaking people, then this excluded half of the Islamic community. Thus un-clear as to it purpose, leading many Muslims in itself astray with a once way ticket to hell.

Further one would expect in 1929 when the international standard version of the Quran came out in english the translators woul;d have made sure it was clear for non speaking Arabs to understand it.

Thus your quotes above make no sense and in fact simply show the weakness of the Quran and limitation in its scope of the final revelation.

Same with Injeel إنجيل it should be transfeded as Injeel not gospel.
Same with نصارى Nasara shouldn't be Christians
If this is clear then fine, if not you must consult anyone who is knowledgeable in Arabic the language
So, nothing in Quran said about Jesus Christ, nor gospels nor Christians.

The word Injil occurs twelve times in the Quran and refers to the book given to Jesus. Muslim scholars [who?] generally agree that Injil refers to the true Gospel, bestowed upon Jesus by God.
Google

Arabic terms. In Arabic-speaking cultures, two words are commonly used for Christians: Naṣrānī (نصراني), plural Naṣārā (نصارى) is generally understood to be derived from Nazareth through the Syriac (Aramaic); Masīḥī (مسيحي) means followers of the Messiah.
Google

Once again you are talking from an emotional point ans not from the truth your Quran speaks off.

Be accurate , you've raised some claims for contradiction not for changes in Quran.
I think once again you have not read the post in that thread, I specifically site the satanic verses for example discussed in detail, were Muhammad change the revelation.

As you wish but this is not true.
Finally, nothing in Quran about jesus Christ, nor about gospel, nor about Christians
In Quran, Allah told us about Almasseh, his book Injeel, his true folowers Nasara

I have offered you as proof a few Surahs defending this.
You have two choice
1) Believe you Holy Text
or
2) Deny the revelations in the Quran as False.

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No good or bad reference in Quran to NT

Textual criticism was brought to respond to false claim that NT was not changed since 6th century
Moving from 400 thousands to 500 thousands was done by Christians researchers not by me

It's you who brought the false point of unchanged NT
Regards
And how dose this support you case for the NT been authenticated by Muhammad in the Quran?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ken
with respect I have asked you to keep your conversion to the thread topic and again I see you discussing textual criticism and thus purposefully derailing answers to the question at hand.

You are welcome to start your own thread if this is what you wish to discuss.

Regards Doug
Will comment in a moment.

Upvote 0