Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking about this subject of humility in relation to a number of areas in Scripture last evening.

I think I am at the paradigm shift that I have been talking about in another thread. I have been struggling with it for a long time and last night everything fell into place so beautifully in a very new, fresh and profound way.

I don't have time this morning to share all of what I am speaking of, and I am not sure I want to share everything just yet, but one thing I believe the Lord showed me last night was when I was talking to Him and asking..."how do you truly know if you are humble?"

That is the inevitable question.

As I was laying their asking this question the following is what flooded into my heart and mind.

Before you answer this question really think about it for a moment...think about it's ramifications for your life and your perception of how you view yourself in relation to God...

The Humility Test

If you took away every good quality that you consider good about your self and stripped it away: your good deeds, your patience, your benevolence, your forgiving heart, your willingness to help others, your compassion for others, your wisdom, your devotion to God, your self restraint, your passion for God, your intelligence, your experiences with God, your revelations about God, etc...

Take away everything that would make you (in your own perception) even the slightest bit attractive to God...

it might take a while to get a grasp of all that, but go ahead...take your time...the OP will still be here when you get back.

Please do not continue until you have a good picture of all of your good qualities completely stripped away.

Done?

O.K.

Now see your self naked from every good or attractive quality and ask this question...

Has your perception of God's love for you changed (even slightly)?

Do you believe or feel or perceieve or fear that He loves you any less (even just a little)?

If the answer is yes, then you are trying to live by your ability to please God (a works based salvation) and are not living by and resting in His grace.

If your answer is yes then you are actually (to some extent) refusing to believe in and trust the grace (unmerited favor) of God in your life, because if your perception of God's love for you depends on your performance or personal qualities (even in the slightest aspect) then it is not grace.

If your answer is no, then you are truly walking humbly before God resting in His promise and love for you and His grace which is being poured out on you in your life.

Romans 5:7-8

Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 11:5-6

5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Mathew 11:27-29

27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Hebrews 4:9-10

9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.

Ephesians 2:4-10

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Last edited:
E

enoch son

I was thinking about this subject of humility in relation to a number of areas in Scripture last evening.

I think I am at the paradigm shift that I have been talking about in another thread. I have been struggling with it for a long time and last night everything fell into place so beautifully in a very new, fresh and profound way.

I don't have time this morning to share all of what I am speaking of, and I am not sure I want to share everything just yet, but one thing I believe the Lord showed me last night was when I was talking to Him and asking..."how do you truly know if you are humble?"

As I was laying their asking this question the following is what flooded into my heart and mind.

Before you answer this question really think about it for a moment...think about it's ramifications for your life and your perception of how you view yourself in relation to God...

The Humility Test

If you took away every good quality that you consider good about your self and stripped it away: your good deeds, your patience, your benevolence, your forgiving heart, your willingness to help others, your compassion for others, your wisdom, your devotion to God, your self restraint, your passion for God, your intelligence, your experiences with God, your revelations about God, etc...

Take away everything that would make you (in your own perception) even the slightest bit attractive to God...

it might take a while to get a grasp of all that, but go ahead...take your time...the OP will still be here when you get back.

Please do not continue until you have a good picture of all of your good qualities completely stripped away.

Done?

O.K.

Now see your self naked from every good or attractive quality and ask this question...

Do you believe or feel or perceieve or fear that He loves you any less (even just a little)?

If the answer is yes, then you are trying to live by your ability to please God (a works based salvation) and are not living by and resting in His grace.

If your answer is yes then you are actually (to some extent) refusing to believe in and trust the grace (unmerited favor) of God in your life, because if your perception of God's love for you depends on your performance or personal qualities (even in the slightest aspect) then it is not grace.

If your answer is no, then you are truly walking humbly before God resting in His promise and love for you and His grace which is being poured out on you in your life.

Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

27 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.

4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Frist unmerited favor is a lie and not the truth of God's grace.
As for the rest it's a state of being and not a state of one's mind.
I am the same yesterday, today and forever because God made me that why. Humility!! It's all about Jesus.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Frist unmerited favor is a lie and not the truth of God's grace.
As for the rest it's a state of being and not a state of one's mind.
I am the same yesterday, today and forever because God made me that why. Humility!! It's all about Jesus.

If you want to be ugly, go somewhere else please.

Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Humility Test

Done?

O.K.

:thumbsup:

I realized this when my first child was born. Looking at her, I realized the immensity of what God did, to send His Son. Knowing what I know about myself, I wouldn't die for myself, however, God sent His Son!!!

His Son!!!!

Meditate on these verses, my brother.

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

God is transforming you.:clap::clap:

Upvote 0

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
pray_persecuted_church.jpg

To be humble you have to completely surrender to Christ.

Thank_You.gif

hogndog

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bumped!

I would really like to hear some constructive feedback on this.

Moriah thinks your OP to be pretty much "spot on".

It works backwards too... if you feel unloved by God and no matter how many good qualities or attributes you can imagine about yourself you cannot find anything at all that would "recommend" you to Him or change His mind about you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.