Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no hope in the Zionist and politicized state of Israel.

What exactly does "hope" mean in this context? Plenty of Israelis have found hope and safety in Israel. If you don't like it, sorry but I don't think there's much hope in denying a nation state that exists either.

Jewish life: alive and well in Israel. Praise God.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What exactly does "hope" mean in this context? Plenty of Israelis have found hope and safety in Israel. If you don't like it, sorry but I don't think there's much hope in denying a nation state that exists either.

Jewish life: alive and well in Israel. Praise God.

I don't think that represents the will of God being carried out.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that represents the will of God being carried out.

....And I don't care what you think God's will should be. :) You're basing it on your personal and very exposed prejudices.

I believe God is sovereign over everything so my belief is theological, not personal opinion.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
....And I don't care what you think God's will should be. :) You're basing it on your personal and very exposed prejudices.

I believe God is sovereign over everything so my belief is theological, not personal opinion.

Theology is not free from bias! Jesus cursed the fig tree that represented Israel spiritually to wither out permanently. It is no longer land, but heavenly Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Theology is not free from bias! Jesus cursed the fig tree that represented Israel spiritually to wither out permanently. It is no longer land, but heavenly Jerusalem.

Theology is not free from bias. Let's discuss how God's sovereignty works in the world. Is He in charge or not?

Secondly, the fig tree passage has no bearing on the existence or otherwise of the modern State of Israel. It doesn't even have the racist implications against Jews as you might think it does.

Perhaps you should shelve your personal bias and just read the text plainly. To my mind it's simply a story to demonstrate God's authority over nature and the possible secondary teaching that all who do not bear fruit for the Kingdom of God will be cut off. Simple. Your racist interpretation ascribes meaning to the text that simply isn't stated.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Theology is not free from bias. Let's discuss how God's sovereignty works in the world. Is He in charge or not?

Secondly, the fig tree passage has no bearing on the existence or otherwise of the modern State of Israel. It doesn't even have the racist implications against Jews as you might think it does.

Perhaps you should shelve your personal bias and just read the text plainly. To my mind it's simply a story to demonstrate God's authority over nature and the possible secondary teaching that all who do not bear fruit for the Kingdom of God will be cut off. Simple. Your racist interpretation ascribes meaning to the text that simply isn't stated.

Any blood lineage claim is racism. Fruit of the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God is possible only by abiding with Christ.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Any blood lineage claim is racism.

Is it? How? Saying who your parents were is no "racism"? What kind of whacky thing is that?

Fruit of the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God is possible only by abiding with Christ.

OK.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is it? How? Saying who your parents were is no "racism"? What kind of whacky thing is that?

Blood lineage as such is not racism. Nevertheless, claiming some superiority or spiritual advantage or status by birth is racism.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0