Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You state this as if you know how it was back then. But you are wrong. The facts are less than 3% of the population is "gay". yet that 3% is forcing us to make accommodations that are frankly stupid. Letting those who are transgendered in their mind, but their genitals are just exactly what they were born with, and they want to use the restroom of the opposite sex. That is nothing but a peeking tom as far as I am concerned. Seldom if ever do we hear of women who are just mentally transgendered wanting to use the men's room, it's mainly so called transgendered men wanting to use the females restroom or locker-room.

Yet Georgia and other states have fallen for this "mentally transgendered" people's demand to use the woman's rooms. I call that "STUPID"!

OK lets think about this "peeking" angle. If a homosexual male uses the men's bathroom, nobody is going to say anything, after all he was born a man. But he is potentially going to stare at the other men in there with lust in his heart. What do you suggest we do about that?

If a transgender man who is transforming into a woman . . . . hormone therapy, dressing as a female, and all that . . . goes into the women's bathroom . . . that visitor to the women's bathroom is not going to be lusting after other women that he/she happens to see. On the other hand, if that person were to go to the men's room, the men therein might not be able to tell its a man in drag/transformation, and might have lustful thoughts. I don't like that outcome. I prefer such a person be in the women's bathroom, not let anyone know of his/her issues and transformations, and simply take care of what is, after all, essential business for every one of us.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of Satan's most potent tools is 'false pride'. Convincing men to be 'proud' of their actions even when they are utterly or especially when they are 'contrary' to God's will. So let that be one's guide. "Gay Pride"? Imagine men teaching each other to be proud to be 'homosexuals'????? Oh my. And that is exactly what we see in this 'agenda'. Instead of facing the 'truth', instead they turn their collective backs on God and create 'their own truths' in contradiction to His Word and then insist that they have every reason to have 'pride' in such a decision. Mind boggling to me. For the 'truth' is crystal clear if one simply reads and accepts what we are offered in God's Word.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Let me offer this:
The very first time I hitchhiked as a teenager, a random stranger picked me up and immediately asked me if I wanted him to perform a sex act

And yet I had hitchhiked tons of times when I was a teenager and not once was I accosted like that. So what are we to say, you had bad luck? As a Christian I don't believe in bad luck so maybe just chalk it up to stuff happens.

As far as Abomination is concerned the Bible doesn't depict homosexuality as any worse than that any other and definitely not what would be considered an abomination. That is reserved for the Antichrist the man of lawlessness. Of course the problem might be that you're using the KJV instead of a Modern English version to understand what the Bible is conveying?

Despite these regrettable occurrence, it doesn't give you license to go after unbelievers just because they're gay. The whole point is that all centers or outside of the church and they are required to be saved but long-standing push to vilify and castigate gays is not Christ-like what so ever. Seems to me you need to learn to forgive and forget so that it doesn't hold power or sway over you as is evidenced by your account of the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: PastorBen
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK lets think about this "peeking" angle. If a homosexual male uses the men's bathroom, nobody is going to say anything, after all he was born a man. But he is potentially going to stare at the other men in there with lust in his heart. What do you suggest we do about that?

If a transgender man who is transforming into a woman . . . . hormone therapy, dressing as a female, and all that . . . goes into the women's bathroom . . . that visitor to the women's bathroom is not going to be lusting after other women that he/she happens to see. On the other hand, if that person were to go to the men's room, the men therein might not be able to tell its a man in drag/transformation, and might have lustful thoughts. I don't like that outcome. I prefer such a person be in the women's bathroom, not let anyone know of his/her issues and transformations, and simply take care of what is, after all, essential business for every one of us.

See. And therein lies the confusion. Some men want to be formed like a women because they like the idea of being a lesbian. Men transformed physically are not 'all' men wanting men. In fact, I would be willing to wager that there are more homosexuals that are willing to have sex with 'either men or women' than there are those that consider themselves to be 'gay'. Some men, (and women), simply 'burn in their lusts' to have sex with anyone that they can. It doesn't matter to them one way or the other.

I'm not a consumer of internet inappropriate content. But I have done extensive traveling on the web. And even without looking for it I have been assaulted by just about every form of perversion imaginable. Much that I had never even imagined before being exposed to it on the web.

This is not as 'cut and dry' and some would try to picture it. It's not 'just' about homosexuality so far as men 'only' wanting to be with men. It's about sexual deviation to the extent that there are obviously 'many men' that are willing to experience sex with anyone in almost any manner.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Pointing out that homosexuality, according to the Bible, is an abomination against God Himself has nothing to do with 'being nice'. Political correctness is 'of this world'. There is nothing offered in the Bible instructing us to be 'politically correct'. It's all there in 'black and white'. And it doesn't take 'hatred' to point out to our 'brothers and sisters' that homosexuality is an abomination.

Where exactly does the bible point out that homosexuality is an abomination? The issue is not political correctness it's about what we should and should not be worried about. Paul shows us very clearly that we are not to judge those outside the church and yet you persist in doing so. If this was a problem inside your own local congregation then you would have a gripe and you would get support from those who understand scripture, but this isn't the case. You're griping about unsaved gays and that has nothing to do with the church. Why aren't you griping about all the other unsaved Sinners out there the practice all kinds of other sinful lifestyles?

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Romans 1:

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

This offers that to condone or agree with such behavior, we too are worthy of nothing short of 'death'.

Paul offers that we too USE to be like these. An obvious indication that once one is 'truly saved', they no longer place themselves in such a position. Once one becomes 'saved' they become 'separate' from those that continue to 'live in their sins'.

And I don't think that either God or Paul concerned themselves with those that may take offense to such offerings. You know, the truth often causes offense in those opposed to it. Go snitch a senator out for taking a 'bribe' and see what reaction you get. Tell a man's wife that he's cheating on her and I don't think he'll take kindly to it. Those that live their lives through lies often can't stand the 'truth' in any form. They 'make up' their own 'truths' according to their own design. It's called: LYING. And those living their lives in lies often 'hate' the truth. That really isn't a concern with those following in truth. Many followers of Christ were put to death instead of allowing others to force them to deny their God or His Son. And many today will be persecuted for adhering to the truth when the rest of the world will insist that they accept the same 'lies' that they have. Won't be or isn't a surprise to me. Just a 'sign of the times'.

Blessings,

MEC

Paul is presenting the facts of sinful lifestyle. He's comparing the attributes of nature to God and showing that even without having heard of God we can see who he is through nature. We also see that when people are left to their own devices and allow their carnal nature to be fully involved they will turn into the type of people that he describes. This was nothing new to Paul and it's nothing new today. Carnally minded people that go unchecked will always give in to the heart of their nature, whatever that may be, and sadly when it comes to sex it inevitably ends up leading to the heart of perversion. Nobody disputes this, but we also don't need cheerleaders to be running around like Paul Revere shouting the gays are coming, the gays are coming! I doubt anybody here was brought up in the backwoods for their whole life.

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
See. And therein lies the confusion. Some men want to be formed like a women because they like the idea of being a lesbian. Men transformed physically are not 'all' men wanting men. In fact, I would be willing to wager that there are more homosexuals that are willing to have sex with 'either men or women' than there are those that consider themselves to be 'gay'. Some men, (and women), simply 'burn in their lusts' to have sex with anyone that they can. It doesn't matter to them one way or the other.
I'm not a consumer of internet inappropriate content. But I have done extensive traveling on the web. And even without looking for it I have been assaulted by just about every form of perversion imaginable. Much that I had never even imagined before being exposed to it on the web.
This is not as 'cut and dry' and some would try to picture it. It's not 'just' about homosexuality so far as men 'only' wanting to be with men. It's about sexual deviation to the extent that there are obviously 'many men' that are willing to experience sex with anyone in almost any manner.

You're talking like we're all teenagers in here and don't know the facts of the world. The fact is that the Bible tells us there is only one cure for sin, and that is Jesus Christ. Legislating morality has never resulted in one single person being saved. Nor will gay proofing our public bathrooms aor putting in cameras to find the perverts. It's a small and insignificant issue. My suggestion to you is to become more pre-occupied with God's word and less pre-occupied with homosexuality and sexual deviancy. You are basically preaching to the choir except the choir doesn't agree with your style of preaching.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yet I had hitchhiked tons of times when I was a teenager and not once was I accosted like that. So what are we to say, you had bad luck? As a Christian I don't believe in bad luck so maybe just chalk it up to stuff happens.

As far as Abomination is concerned the Bible doesn't depict homosexuality as any worse than that any other and definitely not what would be considered an abomination. That is reserved for the Antichrist the man of lawlessness. Of course the problem might be that you're using the KJV instead of a Modern English version to understand what the Bible is conveying?

Despite these regrettable occurrence as it doesn't give you license to go after unbelievers just because they're gay. The whole point is that all centers or outside of the church and they are required to be saved but long-standing push to vilify and castigate gays is not Christ-like what so ever. Seems to me you need to learn to forgive and forget so that it doesn't hold power or sway over you as is evidenced by your account of the situation.

I'll start here. I personally don't believe you. And on top of that you have offered other statements that have led me to this opinion. You have offered numerous statements that are simply 'untrue'. I have no reason to believe your last. Once you start telling others things that are untrue, your credibility becomes less than zero to me.

You stomped your way into the conversation making false accusations against others and continue to ignore everything that has been stated concerning the issue. I have condemned no one. I have simply tried my best to point out the 'truth'.

You, on the other hand, seem insistent upon 'creating your own truth' in utter opposition to anyone that hasn't agreed with 'your agenda'.

Let's address this 'untruth' as well. You know, the one where you say that the Bible doesn't refer to homosexuality as an abomination or any 'worse' than any other sexual behavior.

Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Deuteronomy 22:5
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God.

Among God's people, there was no need to add anything to the NT so far as homosexuality other than the words of Paul to the Romans. It had been understood by God's people for thousands of years that homosexuality was an abomination to God. Paul was well versed in the religion of his people before being chosen by Christ to 'spread the Word'. If homosexuality was an abomination to God from the beginning, unless you are trying to indicate God has 'changed', then it is as much an abomination today as it was the first time it ever happened.

If you take offense in being accused of making false statements, I would suggest that you shouldn't make false statements if you take offense to it being pointed out. As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you make false statements, you should expect those that know the truth to speak up in the defense of the truth. And once you establish yourself as one that can't be trusted due to making false statements, don't blame others if they don't believe 'anything' that you say.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul is presenting the facts of sinful lifestyle. He's comparing the attributes of nature to God and showing that even without having heard of God we can see who he is through nature. We also see that when people are left to their own devices and allow their carnal nature to be fully involved they will turn into the type of people that he describes. This was nothing new to Paul and it's nothing new today. Carnally minded people that go unchecked will always give in to the heart of their nature, whatever that may be, and sadly when it comes to sex it inevitably ends up leading to the heart of perversion. Nobody disputes this, but we also don't need cheerleaders to be running around like Paul Revere shouting the gays are coming, the gays are coming! I doubt anybody here was brought up in the backwoods for their whole life.

Why not, my friend? Why don't we need those like Paul the apostle who went out of his way to write and send a letter to the Romans 'warning' them that homosexuality is deserving of nothing short of 'death'? If warning others keeps them from falling into such 'sin', why shouldn't we be shouting from the rooftops, "BEWARE!!!!! Homosexuality is not 'only' sin, but abomination to God Himself."? Repent and turn away from your unseemly acts.

For if you 'really' loved your neighbor and you 'know' that homosexuality is an abomination which the Bible says any choosing to 'live' in such sin cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, wouldn't you too be warning your neighbors of the 'truth' as you 'know it'?

And I warn you to read the last line of what Paul wrote to the Romans concerning condoning or encouraging others to partake in the negative behavior we are warned against. For it is 'you', according to the Word that is showing a 'lack of love' for your neighbor. It is 'you' that is trying to defend behavior that is an abomination to God. Not me.

It's one thing to disobey and know what you are doing. It's a completely different concept to disobey and then try to justify it. No repentance in an attempt to justify. And without repentance, there is 'no forgiveness'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're talking like we're all teenagers in here and don't know the facts of the world. The fact is that the Bible tells us there is only one cure for sin, and that is Jesus Christ. Legislating morality has never resulted in one single person being saved. Nor will gay proofing our public bathrooms aor putting in cameras to find the perverts. It's a small and insignificant issue. My suggestion to you is to become more pre-occupied with God's word and less pre-occupied with homosexuality and sexual deviancy. You are basically preaching to the choir except the choir doesn't agree with your style of preaching.

Funny, but I have been discussing doctrinal issues and Biblical truth on internet forums for over ten years now. And the topic of homosexuality has probably accounted for less than one percent of my focus. But here you go again trying to make false pretenses like you 'know me'. You know nothing about me other than the words that I have offered in this thread. And almost every single thing you have offered is an attempt to falsely label others that don't agree with 'you'. And it is about as transparent as the 'gay agenda' that this thread was opened to discuss. You falsely label others in the hopes of garnering support to 'shut them up'. When in 'truth' it is 'you' that are full of hate. Not those that speak in 'truth'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stan,

You have made it perfectly clear that rational discussion is not your intention. You have informed me how you 'feel' about the homosexual agenda and I have tried my best to discuss the issue from a Biblical standpoint. Any further discussion would probably be utterly useless and basically a waste of your time and mine.

Other than what the Bible says, I don't really have any seriously personal opinions on homosexuality. I have associated with those that call themselves 'gay' and have had no problems with them. So long as they don't encourage me to join in their 'agenda' or 'behavior', what they do when they do it out of my sight isn't really any of my concern.

But I do believe that we are encouraged to 'warn' others that have yet to come to the truth 'of the truth'. Not encourage each other to tape our mouths closed and just 'let the rest of the world' destroy itself. You choose that path, mine, I believe is 'different'.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'll start here. I personally don't believe you. And on top of that you have offered other statements that have led me to this opinion. You have offered numerous statements that are simply 'untrue'. I have no reason to believe your last. Once you start telling others things that are untrue, your credibility becomes less than zero to me.

So now you're calling me a liar? You actually have to point out what I said and how it was untrue and not just accuse me of being a liar. That is basically against the Forum rules which I will report if you do it again.

You stomped your way into the conversation making false accusations against others and continue to ignore everything that has been stated concerning the issue. I have condemned no one. I have simply tried my best to point out the 'truth'.

The word is 'interjected' not stomped, and as this is a public forum I have the right to do so. Now if you can actually fight the false accusations I made against you or any other person I'll be more than happy to address them but at this point all I'm hearing from you is sour grapes. I never said you condemned anyone I said your hate-mongering there's a big difference. I'm not really sure why you feel it's your duty or mission to point out what all Christians already know in the first place?

You, on the other hand, seem insistent upon 'creating your own truth' in utter opposition to anyone that hasn't agreed with 'your agenda'.

Well I'm not exactly sure who else I'm disagreeing with but you seem to be the top contender. The point is you haven't refuted anything I've said.
It's by my agenda you mean pointing out I'm christ-like attitude and the other people as they condemn specific minorities, then yes that's my agenda. That you have been given scripture that shows that you shouldn't be posting like this and yet you continue to do so is more indicative that you're the one with the problem. It seems the only person you're trying to convince that homosexuality is a problem in the church is you.

Let's address this 'untruth' as well. You know, the one where you say that the Bible doesn't refer to homosexuality as an abomination or any 'worse' than any other sexual behavior.

It doesn't but as I also said because you use the KJV you don't really know what the Bible says. Try using a Modern English version or for that matter try studying the Hebrew to see what it actually conveys. Or are you a KJV only supporter?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Funny, but I have been discussing doctrinal issues and Biblical truth on internet forums for over ten years now. And the topic of homosexuality has probably accounted for less than one percent of my focus. But here you go again trying to make false pretenses like you 'know me'. You know nothing about me other than the words that I have offered in this thread. And almost every single thing you have offered is an attempt to falsely label others that don't agree with 'you'. And it is about as transparent as the 'gay agenda' that this thread was opened to discuss. You falsely label others in the hopes of garnering support to 'shut them up'. When in 'truth' it is 'you' that are full of hate. Not those that speak in 'truth'.

But we have no way of knowing that now do we, or of verifying it? Instead of ranting like you're doing here, you should actually quote what I say and deal with it in kind, but that's kind of hard seeing as though nothing that I say is wrong and you can't show that it is. All I need to know it's the words that you put down on this thread. It tells me everything about the kind of spirit you are of. If you think that this is something but I have not seen or dealt with in the past you are sadly mistaken. I have dealt with your kind of hate mongering for years. Again instead of throwing around accusations post some facts.

I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

According to the scripture from 1st Corinthians 5, no one should associate with you because of how you slander others.

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Stan,
You have made it perfectly clear that rational discussion is not your intention. You have informed me how you 'feel' about the homosexual agenda and I have tried my best to discuss the issue from a Biblical standpoint. Any further discussion would probably be utterly useless and basically a waste of your time and mine.
Other than what the Bible says, I don't really have any seriously personal opinions on homosexuality. I have associated with those that call themselves 'gay' and have had no problems with them. So long as they don't encourage me to join in their 'agenda' or 'behavior', what they do when they do it out of my sight isn't really any of my concern.
But I do believe that we are encouraged to 'warn' others that have yet to come to the truth 'of the truth'. Not encourage each other to tape our mouths closed and just 'let the rest of the world' destroy itself. You choose that path, mine, I believe is 'different'.

Well I guess I'll just add this accusation to the pile of false accusations that you've been making. How can I possibly have a rational conversation with somebody who posts irrationally? From where I stand it's never a waste of time to speak up against hatred and false teaching.
And yet when I give you what the Bible says about what you're doing here you ignore it and try to tell me what the Bible doesn't say so I'm not really sure how you consider that rationale? Right, that's like the old racist that says; "I don't hate blacks, some of my best friends are black."
What is more important is to warn people of their impending doom should they not be saved. That's the message we're all called to preach not warning the unsaved about the homosexual lifestyle when it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things for their salvation.
That you want to choose a path that leads to vilifying and castigating a specific group of people is already apparent and if you think that that path is the path that you're called to walk down, then you should be concerned about who is actually calling you to do that.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18:9-14&version=NIV

Upvote 0

StanJ

May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Why not, my friend? Why don't we need those like Paul the apostle who went out of his way to write and send a letter to the Romans 'warning' them that homosexuality is deserving of nothing short of 'death'? If warning others keeps them from falling into such 'sin', why shouldn't we be shouting from the rooftops, "BEWARE!!!!! Homosexuality is not 'only' sin, but abomination to God Himself."? Repent and turn away from your unseemly acts.

For if you 'really' loved your neighbor and you 'know' that homosexuality is an abomination which the Bible says any choosing to 'live' in such sin cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, wouldn't you too be warning your neighbors of the 'truth' as you 'know it'?

And I warn you to read the last line of what Paul wrote to the Romans concerning condoning or encouraging others to partake in the negative behavior we are warned against. For it is 'you', according to the Word that is showing a 'lack of love' for your neighbor. It is 'you' that is trying to defend behavior that is an abomination to God. Not me.

It's one thing to disobey and know what you are doing. It's a completely different concept to disobey and then try to justify it. No repentance in an attempt to justify. And without repentance, there is 'no forgiveness'.

Blessings,

MEC
If you're going to support ALL of Paul's words, then you should listen to what he teaches in 1 Cor 5 as previously shown, if not then your words are very insincere. The people you are referring to in your posts are not among us as believers, they are out there in the world. That is the whole reason you're being admonished and chastised because of your attitude two words the unsaved. 2 Tim 3:16.
You can try to justify your words all you want and equivocate about what you're saying but the bottom line is everyone who's reading your words knows exactly where you're coming from and it is not from a place where Jesus resides.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That will make some so very happy I think.

And Yes Homosexuals have an Agenda.
Their Agenda? Not to be treated like dirt.

Well there's always the gay agenda of buying milk at the grocery store and picking the kids up from school.

The fiends.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Homosexual people in active practice are condemned in scripture. But that doesn't mean we should be afraid to treat them as normal people when they do normal things like go to restrooms. If someone has homosexual temptations, they should be restrained as are the temptations of heterosexual people. Such people are acceptable in our churches. If they have a lifestyle of yielding to such temptations, they should not be accepted in our churches. But that does not mean we pass laws that will inevitably cause scenes in our public bathrooms. I suspect some people are actually just looking for such fights.

Reactions: StanJ
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Despite these regrettable occurrence, it doesn't give you license to go after unbelievers just because they're gay. The whole point is that all centers or outside of the church and they are required to be saved but long-standing push to vilify and castigate gays is not Christ-like what so ever. Seems to me you need to learn to forgive and forget so that it doesn't hold power or sway over you as is evidenced by your account of the situation.

Stan. your wrong on this one. The Bible does in deed say so. I do not where you are getting this Biblical insights from but it sure is not any Bible I have ever heard or know of. Yes sex sins are serious and it misses the mark, but Homosexuality is a very serious sin as these people are recruited by someone, and once they are in this sin they look for others to take advantage of.

Clearly your defending such shameful actions, and that brings me to wonder why you are so interested in keeping this useless stuff on. I honest believe there is no use to dialogue with you about this as you are for what ever reason twisting Scripture to Justify your points. Vey sad indeed. I am done I will not respond to you on this subject again.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually he is saying that those type of people if they refuse to repent and be instructed or not to be considered brothers or sisters in Christ and as such should not be treated as so, which in those days included eating together in Fellowship. Our example should be Jesus and how he witnessed to the unsaved. He didn't wait for them to come to him he went to them in wherever they were gathered. Now I'm not advocating going to gay bars in case that your initial thought but I am advocating that we make attempts to be friendly to these people and to influence him and whatever way we can. This is the rule for all unbelievers not just gays. I don't really care what the gay agenda is or what they do out on their own in their community or in my community for that matter. My responsibility as a Christian is to pray for them to witness to them and to be friendly just as Christ would be.

For me it's my cousins and next door neighbors. I do care about their agenda
very much as it is the same as mine. "Rob" does get his holiday decorations up
sooner than my wife and I and we vow to beat Rob, but we often fail. As a
Christian I shovel more sidewalk for my neighbors than Rob but he always
beats us with earlier decorations for the holidays. Gays generally don't go
to bars more than pagans or Christians. And they have far fewer parades.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stan. your wrong on this one. The Bible does in deed say so. I do not where you are getting this Biblical insights from but it sure is not any Bible I have ever heard or know of. Yes sex sins are serious and it misses the mark, but Homosexuality is a very serious sin as these people are recruited by someone, and once they are in this sin they look for others to take advantage of.

Sex sins are listed with greed and liars.
Sexual preference is mistakenly mixed in.

Jude 1:
6 And the angels who did not stay within their own domain, but abandoned their proper dwelling, He keeps under darkness, in eternal chains for judgment on that great day. 7 In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire.

8 Yet in the same way, these dreamers defile their bodies, reject authority, and slander glorious beings.9 But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”b 10 These men, however, slander what they do not understand, and like irrational animals, they will be destroyed by the things they do instinctively. 11 Woe to them! They have traveled the path of Cain; they have rushed headlong into the error of Balaam; they have perished in Korah’s rebellion.

1 Corinthians 6:
8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, even against your own brothers! 9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters,nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts,
10 nor thieves,
nor the greedy,
nor drunkards,
nor verbal abusers,
nor swindlers,
will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 1:10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing
homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers,
and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not
inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor
idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals ...

Any man with a soft voice or contrary nature is in the same boat.
Did you notice how masculine women are off the hook, but swishy
males get harpooned?

Proverbs 10:12 - Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.
In Context

Proverbs 17:9 - Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.
In Context

1 Peter 4:8 - Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
In Context

Last edited:
Upvote 0