Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The HOLY Eucharist

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by CatholicAtHeart, Aug 6, 2013.

1. CatholicAtHeart

CatholicAtHeart Traditional English Catholic

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    UK-Labour
    Faith:
    Catholic
    So last week I helped tidy up after Mass as the regular woman wasn't here for some reason. So I picked up the ciborium to notice dozens of particles of Jesus left there, so I consumed them. Fair enough... The problem is, there is no Catholic church where I live so the priest travels for Mass, and the woman who usually tidies up brings the sacred vessels from her home to the Anglican church where our priest celebrates Mass... my worry is from next week I can't check the ciborium. And the sacred vessels go in a bag... I can't help to imagine how many particles are being desecrated at the bottom of that bag, and it makes me feel confused and sad that the focal point of Catholicism is being disregarded. What faith is it without the Eucharist?
    I'm scared if I go speak to the priest, firstly he's not English so doesn't understand much, what if he thinks I'm being rude and gets angry or annoyed?

I'm feeling so lost at the moment with the treatment of the Eucharist, I saw this HORRIBLE occurrence at WYD: WYD: Holy Communion from disposable plastic cups at Mega-Mass | Fr. Z's Blog

Why do we have to have mega-masses for the Holy Father? Why not a spiritual communion for people and only give Holy Communion to those nearest the Altar? I'm so so sad, disgusted and angry to see the treatment of the Eucharist in these ways. It tempts me to only go to the Extraordinary form (non-SSPX) in a nearby town all the time, to feel comforted our Lord is being treated well. But that is like I am ignoring the problem. I'm confused and don't know what to do :(

2. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    It's the priests job to make sure the Body & Blood are taken care of properly. You do need to discuss this with the priest in a non accusatory fashion.

3. Darth Bagel

Darth Bagel Well-Known Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    I was going to say, I was a bit confused there for a moment. I was under the impression that only the priest consumed the remaining gifts...

4. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    The priest or deacon is responsible for purifying the vessels after Holy Communion.

I wouldn't bother reading Fr Z's website, nuff said.

Follow your Bishop and how he directs the priests of his dioceses.

Jim

5. Dylan Michael

Dylan Michael Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    My advice:
    Approach it like a question. Tell him you found particles in the ciborium and ask him what should be done about them.

Yes, this is true, but this doesn't always happen. I know this from experience. Sometimes its a case of the priest forgetting, or not caring enough to purify them correctly.

I like him. (Surprise, surprise:p)

Good advice, but I'm not sure what this has to do with the question at hand.
    Jim[/QUOTE]