Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Folks, I have to say...the older I get the more Calvinistic and Reformed I become. The biblical doctrines known as Calvinism provide a wonderful framework by which we can understand the workings of God in the world. There is a deep sense of the presence of Christ with us when we realize that God is Sovereign over all things and not just our final destination. I just want to encourage my Baptist brothers and sisters who are not familiar with a systematic study of the scriptures to take time and delve deep into the well of God's revelation. If not, I'm ok with that as well. To God be the Glory!

The Happy Calvinist,

jm

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Folks, I have to say...the older I get the more Calvinistic and Reformed I become. The biblical doctrines known as Calvinism provide a wonderful framework by which we can understand the workings of God in the world. There is a deep sense of the presence of Christ with us when we realize that God is Sovereign over all things and not just our final destination. I just want to encourage my Baptist brothers and sisters who are not familiar with a systematic study of the scriptures to take time and delve deep into the well of God's revelation. If not, I'm ok with that as well. To God be the Glory!

The Happy Calvinist,

jm

I agree with you. Calvinism sounds weird at the beginning — but I have found that, the more I studied it, the more I began to realise how it made sense. A few months ago, whilst on holidays, I began to study the issue, and I began to wonder about the truth. This lasted for a couple of weeks. I had a couple of confused afternoons, just thinking whether it really made sense.

Nevertheless, at the end, I concluded that, indeed, all of the five points of Calvinism were biblically correct. This is the belief I now hold.

This affects me personally too. I feel I have been chosen by God. I feel more secure, regarding my salvation, than ever before. I feel more cherished by God. I feel much more deeply God's love, mercy and grace towards me; but I also feel much more undeserving of these things. It has brought about an amazing feeling! :)

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
“Whatever may be said about the doctrine of election, it is written in the Word of God as with an iron pen, and there is no getting rid of it. To me, it is one of the sweetest and most blessed truths in the whole of revelation, and those who are afraid of it are so because they do not understand it. If they could but know that the Lord had chosen them it would make their hearts dance with joy.” – C. H. Spurgeon

Upvote 0