✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't really answer my question.

Why did Christ need us to read the condition of the 7 churches?

What was the "hour" that he spared the Church of Philadelphia from?

That the church will weather the storm coming in the approach of the man of sin, Nero Caesar and his persecution of the churches and the coming destruction of Jerusalem in the midst of a 7 year Jewish Roman war in which over a million Jews will be killed and cause the Jewish nation to cease to exist for nearly 2,000 years.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That the church will weather the storm coming in the approach of the man of sin, Nero Caesar and his persecution of the churches and the coming destruction of Jerusalem in the midst of a 7 year Jewish Roman war in which over a million Jews will be killed and cause the Jewish nation to cease to exist for nearly 2,000 years.

You said that the man of sin, the son of perdition, was Judas in another post.

Now you are saying its nero?

The son of perdition is also found in John 6:70, 8:44, 13:2, 27.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You said that the man of sin, the son of perdition, was Judas in another post.

Now you are saying its nero?

The son of perdition is applied multiple times to antichristian persecutors, but in John 17:12 is speaking specifically of Judas because he betrayed Jesus and fulfilled scripture.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The son of perdition is applied multiple times to antichristian persecutors, but in John 17:12 is speaking specifically of Judas because he betrayed Jesus and fulfilled scripture.

No it isn't.

The son of pedition is mentioned twice.

Once by Christ, and once by Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus in 2nd Thes..

Joh_17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th_2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No it isn't.

The son of pedition is mentioned twice.

Once by Christ, and once by Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus in 2nd Thes..

Joh_17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2Th_2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Do you know the definition of "multiple"?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you know the definition of "multiple"?

The Bible doesn't define the "son of perdition" in "multiples".

Son is singular.

If what you were asserting was accurate, it would say "sons" or "men".

Sorry, but the Bible is not that difficult to understand.. Unless of course you make it that way..

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible doesn't define the "son of perdition" in "multiples".

Son is singular.

If what you were asserting was accurate, it would say "sons" or "men".

Sorry, but the Bible is not that difficult to understand.. Unless of course you make it that way..

Here I'll simplify:

Judas, son of perdition

Nero, son of perdition

Synagogue of Satan (John 8:44), son of perdition

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here I'll simplify:

Judas, son of perdition

Nero, son of perdition

Synagogue of Satan (John 8:44), son of perdition

That's great, but the Bible doesn't teach that.

So now you are including the Pharisees into the "son of perdition" category?

So now you are saying the son of perdition is this.

1.Judas
2.Nero
3.Pharisees

Wouldn't that make them "sons of perdition"

Why doesn't the Bible say that?

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That's great, but the Bible doesn't teach that.

So now you are including the Pharisees into the "son of perdition" category?

So now you are saying the son of perdition is this.

1.Judas
2.Nero
3.Pharisees

Wouldn't that make them "sons of perdition"

Why doesn't the Bible say that?

Well those in the Old Testament that slew the prophets were called the "sons of Belial"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well those in the Old Testament that slew the prophets were called the "sons of Belial"?

Christ will know the son of perdition. None of them that were given to Christ are lost, except for the son of perdition.

The Sons of Eli didn't know the lord.

1Sa_2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known" (Deuteronomy 13:13 KJV)

"Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him." (Judges 19:22 KJV)

"And Hannah [Hannah was briefly mistaken for a drunken "daughter of Belial" - she was actually a very righteous woman] answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before The Lord. Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto." (1 Samuel 1:15-16 KJV)

And there happened to be there a man of Belial, whose name was Sheba, the son of Bichri, a Benjamite: and he blew a trumpet, and said, We have no part in David, neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to his tents, O Israel. So every man of Israel went up from after David, and followed Sheba the son of Bichri: but the men of Judah clave unto their king, from Jordan even to Jerusalem." (2 Samuel 20:1-2 KJV)

And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people: And set two men, sons of Belial, before him, to bear witness against him, saying, Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die."

"And the men of his city, even the elders and the nobles who were the inhabitants in his city, did as Jezebel had sent unto them, and as it was written in the letters which she had sent unto them. They proclaimed a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people. And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died." (1 Kings 21:9-13 KJV)

Christ will know the son of perdition. None of them that were given to Christ are lost, except for the son of perdition.

The Sons of Eli didn't know the lord.

1Sa_2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known" (Deuteronomy 13:13 KJV)

"Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him." (Judges 19:22 KJV)

"And Hannah [Hannah was briefly mistaken for a drunken "daughter of Belial" - she was actually a very righteous woman] answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before The Lord. Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto." (1 Samuel 1:15-16 KJV)

And there happened to be there a man of Belial, whose name was Sheba, the son of Bichri, a Benjamite: and he blew a trumpet, and said, We have no part in David, neither have we inheritance in the son of Jesse: every man to his tents, O Israel. So every man of Israel went up from after David, and followed Sheba the son of Bichri: but the men of Judah clave unto their king, from Jordan even to Jerusalem." (2 Samuel 20:1-2 KJV)

And she wrote in the letters, saying, Proclaim a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people: And set two men, sons of Belial, before him, to bear witness against him, saying, Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die."

"And the men of his city, even the elders and the nobles who were the inhabitants in his city, did as Jezebel had sent unto them, and as it was written in the letters which she had sent unto them. They proclaimed a fast, and set Naboth on high among the people. And there came in two men, children of Belial, and sat before him: and the men of Belial witnessed against him, even against Naboth, in the presence of the people, saying, Naboth did blaspheme God and the king. Then they carried him forth out of the city, and stoned him with stones, that he died." (1 Kings 21:9-13 KJV)

What are you implying by using these verses? What is your contention?

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What are you implying by using these verses? What is your contention?

That sons of Belial and son of perdition are one and the same in nature.

In fact there are great similarities between Naboth and his trial and Jesus and his trial.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That sons of Belial and son of perdition are one and the same in nature.

In fact there are great similarities between Naboth and his trial and Jesus and his trial.

The Bible doesn't say "Sons of perdition". You added that in there. "Son" is not "Sons", sons is plural for son.

The Bible says "Son of perdition" and it uses the phrase twice, neither of which are applicable to your assertion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible doesn't say "Sons of perdition". You added that in there. "Son" is not "Sons", sons is plural for son.

The Bible says "Son of perdition" and it uses the phrase twice, neither of which are applicable to your assertion.

Because son of perdition is speaking in the singular in these passages first Judas then Nero. They are speaking of an individual.

Maybe it would have been more fitting if I had written:

Synagogue of Satan (John 8:44), sons of Belial

But that would have thrown you off.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because son of perdition is speaking in the singular in these passages first Judas then Nero. They are speaking of an individual.

Maybe it would have been more fitting if I had written:

Synagogue of Satan (John 8:44), sons of Belial

But that would have thrown you off.

But the Bible doesn't say that Judas or Nero were the son of perdition.

There is nothing to suspect that the son of perdition is two people in the first place.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
But the Bible doesn't say that Judas or Nero were the son of perdition.

There is nothing to suspect that the son of perdition is two people in the first place.

Except when Jesus is speaking about His disciples, in John 6:70 He calls one a devil and in John 17:12, He calls one the son of perdition...Judas.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except when Jesus is speaking about His disciples, in John 6:70 He calls one a devil and in John 17:12, He calls one the son of perdition...Judas.

Can you show me in the Bible where Jesus calls Judas the son of perdition?

I remember him calling him a devil, but not the son of perdition.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you show me in the Bible where Jesus calls Judas the son of perdition?

I remember him calling him a devil, but not the son of perdition.

John 17:12, Jesus lost none but the Son of Perdition (Judas).

Judas was damned.

Upvote 0