Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For more than 20 years, people have been prohibited from openly carrying firearms in most of America's national parks. Rangers argue that the rule cuts down on the potential hazards to wildlife as well as to visitors in the congested parks. But now, 47 Senators have signed on to a letter to the Interior Department requesting an end to the ban on firearms. Initiated by Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo, the letters other signatories include Montana's two Democratic Senators — Max Baucus, who is up for re-election, and Jon Tester — as well as the entire delegations of Wyoming and Idaho.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1697984,00.html

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:clap: :clap:

law abiding citizens should be able to carry in most places.

Why should criminals know safe areas for them to
stalk their victims? HUnting can still be illegal, and should be made clear to visitors to the park.
And offenses should be severely punished. As should any gun crime.

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm just surprised there are politicians named Tester and Crapo.

Well, I am not an anti-gun sort of person. I have a hunting license. But I was under the impression that Yellowstone is a protected national park. If so, I wouldn't expect people to be walking around with rifles and shotguns.

Nonetheless, now that I know people might be in the park with firearms, Yellowstone is pretty one of those places I will not be visiting in the future. Getting accidentally shot is not my idea of a vacation.

Upvote 0