The GT member reconciliation thread. Forgive as Jesus forgives.

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Let us recall the story of Zaccheus.

Luke 19:1-10 said:
1And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

2And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for
to day I must abide at thy house.

6And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Zaccheus is someone we should all remember. Sure, he had his faults and sins, but what we can learn here is that when he realized his faults he made up for them. He apologized to those whom he had stolen from and returned what he had stolen fourfold.

This thread is made for members to apologize and forgive each other. At times when we are deeply engaged in a thread we let our passions get the best of us and may insult individuals at a very personal level.

Take the time to apologize to one another and to forgive each other for what we've said and done. :):hug:

Yes, I mean you. The posters of this General Theology forum. Admit it, we all get bent out of shape and ugly at each other and I'm sure most of the time we regret it. For those that are apologetic, take this thread to apologize and be forgiven by your brothers and sisters here.

I mean it.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What a beatuful story in Luke. I hope I can be forgiven for any anger or anquish I may have caused to other Christian posters on CF and I also forgive any of those that may have caused me to be angry and perhaps be spitefull at times. Love the Light, hate the Darkness God bless :hug:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of the Age, this, hath-blinded the minds of the faithless into the no to shine forth to-them the enlightening of the Good-News of the glory of the Christ, who is an image of the God

1 John 2:11 The-one yet hating his brother, in the darkness is, and in the darkness is about-walking, and not he has perceived whither he is going, that the darkness hath-blinded/etuflwsen <5186> (5656) the eyes of him

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Zacchaous was a wee little man and a wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see...

I always liked that song back in sunday school.

I'm sure I've offended some people here with my snarky comments. I will try to be less abrasive in the future. Forgive me.

Upvote 0

Morghaine

Studying
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2006
Ozark MO
✟63,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you E.C., what a great reminder for all of us to treat each other with love and respect, do not be afraid to apologize for wrongs given, and graciously accept apologies given.

I know I struggle with this when I do wander into threads that get me riled - but this is a good reading to remember and pray about before I go wandering :)

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oops.

I didn't realize that here I am starting a thread meant for forgiveness and apologies and yet I haven't forgiven or apologized! :doh:

In the last few days I'm sure I've offended a lot of people whether intentional or not, but a few cases do come to mind that I won't forget anytime soon. And there are times when I've been a complete jerk in the past that I probably will not forget.

To list a few...

CaliforniaJosiah, simonthezealot, ticker, Uphill Battle, and calluna. Somehow y'all's names come to mind first. I am sorry for all that I've done to offend you.

Forgive me.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Apostle Zacchaeus, bishop of Caesarea (1st c.)
Commemorated on April 20
This is the tax-collector Zaccheus whom Jesus called down from the tree in Jericho (Luke ch. 19). He became a faithful disciple and, after the Resurrection, a companion of the Apostle Peter. He became Bishop of Caesarea in Palestine, where he served faithfully and reposed in peace.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let us recall the story of Zaccheus.

Zaccheus is someone we should all remember. Sure, he had his faults and sins, but what we can learn here is that when he realized his faults he made up for them. He apologized to those whom he had stolen from and returned what he had stolen fourfold.

This thread is made for members to apologize and forgive each other. At times when we are deeply engaged in a thread we let our passions get the best of us and may insult individuals at a very personal level.

Take the time to apologize to one another and to forgive each other for what we've said and done. :):hug:

Yes, I mean you. The posters of this General Theology forum. Admit it, we all get bent out of shape and ugly at each other and I'm sure most of the time we regret it. For those that are apologetic, take this thread to apologize and be forgiven by your brothers and sisters here.

I mean it.:)

Thank you for this wonderful reminder of the core of Christs teaching. "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass agains us"

Please all of my brothers and sisters forgive me for my offenses and I freely forgive all.

Your servant in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

&Abel

Aug 16, 2008
✟12,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for this wonderful reminder of the core of Christs teaching. "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass agains us"

Please all of my brothers and sisters forgive me for my offenses and I freely forgive all.

Your servant in Christ.

me too

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oops.

I didn't realize that here I am starting a thread meant for forgiveness and apologies and yet I haven't forgiven or apologized! :doh:

In the last few days I'm sure I've offended a lot of people whether intentional or not, but a few cases do come to mind that I won't forget anytime soon. And there are times when I've been a complete jerk in the past that I probably will not forget.

To list a few...

CaliforniaJosiah, simonthezealot, ticker, Uphill Battle, and calluna. Somehow y'all's names come to mind first. I am sorry for all that I've done to offend you.

Forgive me.
I don't recall any instances where you were over offensive to me, my friend.

Upvote 0

Musa80

Veteran
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
✟10,191.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I tend to reach for my bottomless bag of sarcasm and snarkiness on a regular basis, whether necessary or not. No doubt I've caused offense to several people on these forums. If I have offended anyone, please forgive me. And if anyone is reading this and I haven't offended you, forgive me anyway, because I say a lot of stupid stuff and I'm likely to cause offense at some point, even unintentionally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Heh maybe OrthodoxyUSA is onto something. If every one of our posts had to end with "forgive me", maybe it would help us to reflect on what it is we are saying, before hitting that submit button.

It hasn't helped Ortho much.;):p:D

Love Ya Ortho!!!!:cool:

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

Zacchaous was a wee little man and a wee little man was he.
He climbed up in a sycamore tree, for the Lord he wanted to see...

I always liked that song back in sunday school.

I'm sure I've offended some people here with my snarky comments. I will try to be less abrasive in the future. Forgive me.
I still love that song lol.. Sing it to my grandchildren..

Upvote 0