Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Antigone said:
Men in skirts aren't exactly a turn-on for me, but that doesn't mean I think men should wear skirts.

Not even a Scot in a kilt?

:D hilarious!!!! ^_^

Hehe, many years ago, in the Montreal metro (subway), I saw a couple with a kid entering the wagon. The guy was wearing a skirt... he didn't go unnoticed.... :D

Upvote 0

PilgrimToChrist

Oct 10, 2009
✟6,075.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not even a Scot in a kilt?

utilikilt01.jpg

Manly awesomeness.

Upvote 0

PilgrimToChrist

Oct 10, 2009
✟6,075.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Long skirts are horrible in the winter.

They get sopping wet and dirty up to the knee, and they get really bad salt stains from the sidewalk/street salt, too.

But if you wear a knee-length skirt, then half your legs freeze off in subzero temperatures (cotton/nylon tights don't make much of a difference when it comes to wind and windchill).

At least if I wear denim or cordoroy (sp?), my whole legs are covered and they don't fall off as quickly.

I spend a lot of time walking from point A to point B, even in the winter when it hits -30 degrees Celcius.

I wore skirts almost every day year before last because I could wear whatever I wanted to work. Instead of pantyhose, which would have never stood up in Winter (and this is the Pacific Northwest, it's wet most of the year), I wore pants under the skirts. This also made it possible to ride my bike (I have a women's bike, but still skirts can get caught). I also would wear rain pants over my skirt to bike so that when I got to work I would pull them off and *ploof*, I'd go from functional pants to a cute hippie skirt.

It's technically possible to wear a skirt to work, though it would have to match the dress code and everyone just wears slacks. So on the days I work, I'm wearing my work clothes. On the days I'm off, like today, I wear jeans.

However, I wouldn't wear jeans to Church, especially on Sundays. Essentially every woman and girl wears a dress or long skirt in my parish, mostly ankle-length. My current Church clothes involve a knee-length skirt with pantyhose. "Clubbing clothes" excepted (which have involved latex or PVC dresses and big stompy boots), I've never had a mini-skirt / dress above the knees.

I just don't think pants are dressy enough for women for Sunday Mass. Sunday Mass has higher standards of modesty and dressiness than street wear. And I have no intention of wearing a pantsuit and looking like Ellen.

But for streetwear, I don't know. Maybe I'm not the most modest person, I like looking cool, cute, and strong. Also, I like not wearing something that marks me obviously as female when I'm walking at night, a skirt would just make me vulnerable.

A time and place for everything.

Upvote 0

PilgrimToChrist

Oct 10, 2009
✟6,075.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
dresses are better if you hate feeling bloated.

pants are better if you have to go the potty. (sorry for TMI)

Not if you don't wear pantyhose. You don't even have to worry about leaving your fly down. Just down, up, and you're peeing fully dressed. It's the next best thing to an STP.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not if you don't wear pantyhose. You don't even have to worry about leaving your fly down. Just down, up, and you're peeing fully dressed. It's the next best thing to an STP.
what about thigh highs? ^_^

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
been in the USA and Canada
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How come women need to wear dresses to be modest - but men can wear pants?

Who made these rules?

Just guessing but maybe it's cause mens legs are nothing to write whom about. but maybe I think that because I am a man. or maybe it's just because distinction between the sexes in clothing saves us from awkward "excuse me sir... errr sorry Mam... ouch hey sorry ouch"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dunno...I'm kind of with Pilgrim on this one. I've seen some guys in kilts that will make you do a double take. :sorry:

Well it wouldn't be the first time a woman amazes me at the things she finds attractive in a man. I got compared to Jim Carey once which made me chuckle because I was pretty sure it was supposed to be a compliment on my appearance and not my humor. I do understand why women find humor even cheesy humor in a man attractive. Or maybe I'm just glad for it heck some admixture of fits giggles and Eye rolling is probably my best chance at getting someone to take an interest. My Humor helped start the last romance I was in.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well it wouldn't be the first time a woman amazes me at the things she finds attractive in a man. I got compared to Jim Carey once which made me chuckle because I was pretty sure it was supposed to be a compliment on my appearance and not my humor. I do understand why women find humor even cheesy humor in a man attractive. Or maybe I'm just glad for it heck some admixture of fits giggles and Eye rolling is probably my best chance at getting someone to take an interest. My Humor helped start the last romance I was in.
Humor is awesome. You got that I will love you forever. Most girls are like that. Mix the attraction in with the humor & it's pretty much a win win.

About the kilts, gotta be the right guy that can carry it where it only offsets his masculinity.

If he looks girly it's pretty much a wash out. ^_^

Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Humor is awesome. You got that I will love you forever. Most girls are like that. Mix the attraction in with the humor & it's pretty much a win win.

About the kilts, gotta be the right guy that can carry it where it only offsets his masculinity.

If he looks girly it's pretty much a wash out. ^_^

Mmm well I'm not girly but I don't think it would work for me legs are to hairy. imagine two tarantula fangs with runners on the ends.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mmm well I'm not girly but I don't think it would work for me legs are to hairy. imagine two tarantula fangs with runners on the ends.
^_^

Well thats masculine I would guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I dunno...I'm kind of with Pilgrim on this one. I've seen some guys in kilts that will make you do a double take. :sorry:

It is my experience that those guys will make you do a double take when they're wearing trousers, too.

Upvote 0

CreedIsChrist

Jul 25, 2008
✟4,612.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In response to a certain missive making the rounds in reference to ladies' fashion -- and, more specifically, why dresses and skirts should be the norm for Catholic women -- Simcha Fisher has one word: pants.

Continued- http://www.insidecatholic.com/myblog/the-great-pants-debate.html

I don't like this woman's attitude too much considering she gives very petty reasons why she should wear "pants" and then attacks and arrogantly jokes about the virtues of modesty, femininity, flashing men, motherhood(calling it a blue collar job), and her husbands words in a flippant way. I have seen many women take care of their children easily wearing skirts. I mean look at Michelle Duggar, she has almost 20 kids and always wears modest apparel. I never understood rebellion for the sake of rebellion. Personally I'll go with the bible saying

"A woman shall not be clothed with man's apparel, neither shall a man use woman's apparel : for he that doeth these things is abominable before God."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's because you're a man (and a straight one).
Keep in mind I'm just expressing my thoughts and conjectures not trying to force anything here. I'm not so sure about that, see being straight doesn't stop me from appreciating a well defined male chest or biceps or even a sorta defined versions as well as other areas for that matter. This isn't to say that I find them arousing. I don't suffer that form of confusion. But I can appreciate why they are arousing because I can appreciate their beauty or handsomeness if you like. but mens legs are "mehhh" I think this is because "feminine curves" are physically easier to obtain than masculine "plains and angle" and it seem to me that the legs are straight forward. There are always subtleties of course but things like the ribcage area is just full of all kinds of tricks. the legs just seem a little more straightforward generally.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.