near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here's a new candidate:

"In the beginning there was nothing." --NOAH, 2014, Aronofsky

The delusion is that we are now at the point where we can't do the logic of philosophy any more, so the masses will think this is a Christian statement.

Our major national Christians speakers are often of no help on this, because of the work that thinking takes. Thus will be born a generation of believers who are "Biblical liberal" !!!

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One of "The Great Delusions" - The Preterist way of looking at the Book of Revelations.

No, Futurism is the great delusion because it believes God still respects the Old Covenant aside from the fact it is a covenant of death and nothing was perfected by it. In fact, if one chooses to live by the Law they will LOSE their salvation --
Galatians 5:2-4!

And a futurism is incorrect in that God has a separate plan for Jews than for Gentiles.
The whole of the Old Covenant is nothing but a mere shadow of Christ and His eternal kingdom. The whole Old Testament points forward to and climaxes in Jesus Christ.

He is God's final work of salvation and God discarded the Old Covenant. It is obsolete. Christ is salvation perfected for both Jews and Gentiles.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Preterism is the work of Satan.

How so? I am a partial preterist BTW.

We don't believe Jesus comes back multiple times just once and for all. Amen. Whether or not there is a tribulation near the end or not, IDK. But there was a great tribulation in 66AD-73AD, that the Old Covenant didn't survive with its temple still standing, it Aaronic priesthood still alive, or temple sacrifices. That all died in 70AD.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
John S,
calm down. Eschatology is a certain % of each, it is matter of correct sorting. If you believe in the virgin birth in Isaiah, then at least some of your eschatology is previous in its fulfillment.

I see a lot fulfilled and petition God to bind the work of Satan.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
People are preaching things that Satan would be proud of and you want me to "calm down"?

NOTHING in the Book of Revelations has happened yet. To say that it has, fools people into believing that the coming antichrist and false prophet is nonsense. Satan WANTS this to happen.

Upvote 0