• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The God we Christians believe in is a divine sadist.

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the question is quite simple to answer.

1) God gave us free will, so he doesn't interfere, unless of course we ask him in our prayers.
2) Satan rules the Earth! This is forgotten so often, even by Christians!

Just think about that, Satan as a ruler, and free will for all of us. Of course the world is a cesspool! Only through the teachings of Christ and our prayers to God can we try and improve the world we live in.

Upvote 0

WILLOWTREE/WT

Feb 19, 2005
Los Angeles
✟164.00
Faith
Atheist
raffster said:
I am becoming more and more convinced that the God we Christians believe in is a divine sadist. Why is there so much suffering in the world, so much pain, so much hate? That in spite the gospel almost reaching all four corners of the earth. We Christians often say that we should have a strong faith, to believe that everything happens for a reason, and that God knows best. If that is the case, God is nothing more than a divine sadist, and humankind is nothing more than a source of entertainment and amusement for Him. How else can you look at it?

I feel and think that in a very soon time I will become an atheist altogether. That way, I will not be resentful in putting my life in the hands of a God who takes pleasure in watching his children suffer. I believe that when I stop believing in this nonsense of a loving God completely, I will finally be free.

I have believed in God since I was little. But as I look back it seems like He was never there. That poem, "Footprints on the Sand" has been nothing but a lie. I have come to Him so many times and the suffering and pain has only worsened. My life remains empty and meaningless. Maybe He's too busy, or just doesn't care. If that's the case, then I'll have to stop believing and make my life easier. I really think I'll do much better on my own anyway.

Has it ever occurred to you that you are or have failed your tests with God ?

Only TWO persons over the age of 19 who came out of Egypt made it to the promise land = losers who couldn't make it with God.

IF you have ANY desire for God then this means God still wants you. God controls desire for Him.

I suggest you do what God says or drift into apostasy.

What does God want ?

Hebrews 11:6 = synonym for the gospel.

WT

Upvote 0