InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Lord usually gives us insights into the book of Revelation by clues given in other parts of scripture. I believe the 4 horsemen where sent by God as part of His righteous judgments. As Jesus also proclaimed before his death "now is the judgment of the world" in John 12:31

I believe these 4 horsemen are symbolic of the four sore judgments of God shown to us in Ezekiel.

Ezekiel 14:21
For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

The first 3 horseman carry each a judgment, but the 4th horseman carries all 4 sore judgments.

Revelation 6:8
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

I believe the first horseman represents the coming of the prince of this world.
Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

I believe he symbolizes the Prince of this world, which is Satan being cast down to begin the judgments of this world. John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

The first horseman was on a white horse, (Christ look alike) but that's the deception of Satan who looks outwardly to be an angel of Light. (white)2 Corinthians 11:14 “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.”

Jesus said of Satan when he was cast out of heaven...Luke 10:18 “And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.” And we also know lightning is white.

The rider was given a crown, just as Princes are given crowns and power.

Also he carried a bow, which I believe is symbolic of his nature like Nimrod, and Esau (mighty hunter)

Genesis 10:9
He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord. Genesis 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh in the land of Shinar.

So Nimrod is symbolic of the Prince or King of Babel or Shinar which was later known as Babylon

Also Esau is a sign of one who had a bow and was also a cunning hunter...Genesis 25:27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
And just as the Lord warned the children of Israel inJeremiah 16:16 He would send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

The second horseman is red, and he carried a great sword.
Revelation 6:4 “And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Notice the horseman was given power to do what he did. Also notice that his judgment was to take peace from the earth as he was given a great sword.

So who gave him the power to do so, and who gave him the sword?

Notice Jesus' words here... Matthew 10:34 “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

The third horse is black, and the rider has a pair of balances in his hand, which represents the kingdom being weighed and measured. This horseman also has to do with the measures of wheat and barley, which are also symbolized here in 2 Kings 7:18 18 And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of Samaria:”

Some believe this has to do with food shortages and famine alone, but I believe it has a much deeper meaning to it than just that; as the barley symbolizes the Jews, and the wheat symbolizes the Gentiles. The statement “hurt not the oil and wine” also has a deeper meaning pertaining to those who are sealed by Gods Holy anointing “oil” (Holy Spirit) and those who are washed in the blood (wine) of the Lamb.

And the 4th horse was a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was death and hell. Again notice the 4th horseman brings all four sour judgments mentioned in Ezekiel 14:21 (sword, famine, noisome beasts, and pestilence) or as listed in Rev. 6:8 (sword, hunger, death, and the beasts of the earth) The beasts mentioned there are not literal beasts, but men who act like brute beasts.

Jesus foretold of all these things in Matthew 24:4-8 "4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (1st horse is white, looks like Christ, but is not; conquers by deception.)
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. (2nd Red horse with sword, takes away peace)
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. (includes 3rd and 4th horse)
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows." (hell followed 4th horseman)

Last edited:

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hold the "four horsemen" to be:

The White Horse - Revelation 6:2:
2 I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

This is the church going forth conquering:

*The bow represents divine arrows of judgment, like Psalms 5:7,

*The crown given is the crown of righteousness we receive through Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19). Our Lord Himself was crowned with glory and honor (Hebrews 2:5-8)

*We conquer through the power of the gospel as we serve the Lord. As Paul tells us "we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us" (Romans 8:37).

The Red Horse - Revelation 6:4:
4 And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him.

The red horse is simply as indicated! He is war...as our Lord said in Matthew 24:6:
6 You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.

War will be with us until the end of time!

The Black Horse - Revelation 6:5-6:
5 When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.
6 And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”

This is simply famine, which again flows with our Lord at Matthew 24:7, 8:
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.
8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

This is a beginning of birth pangs towards the end! Paul has told us this in Romans 8:22:
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

The Ashen (or pale) Horse - Revelation 6:8
8 I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

This is death, which comes as a result of killing! Whether murder, war, pestilence, or wild beasts of the earth". it all results in death. Our Lord speaks of such in Matthew 24:9-12!

This is not hard to figure out! Jesus is heading to the cross, and He has pronounced Jerusalem and the temple desolate (Matthew 23:37-39). In Matthew 24, as they leave the temple, the disciples show Jesus how great the temple buildings are...and Jesus alarms them telling them they will be completely destroyed not one stone remaining on another.

The disciples then want to know, "when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”. Jesus begins to answer those questions and it includes these horsemen as He gives them the prophecy which includes the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple!

This is expanded in Revelation as John gives us more detail through the tremendous vision he is showed by the Lord's angel.

The seals of Revelation have been all been opened...none remain!

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The seals of Revelation have been all been opened...none remain!

I don't agree with that. Try to explain how the world missed this one.

Revelation 6:12-17

King James Version (KJV)

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This 6th seal is yet to come, and will not go unnoticed by the whole world.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't agree with that. Try to explain how the world missed this one.

Revelation 6:12-17

King James Version (KJV)

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This 6th seal is yet to come, and will not go unnoticed by the whole world.
You may think so but the apocalyptic language is the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple...that's what the 6th seal is about.

What you have there is in Matthew 24:15-29...but I think Luke's version, which is written so that Gentiles would understand makes it clearer. Luke 21:20-28:
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.
21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city;
22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.
23 Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people;
24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
25 “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,
26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

That is 70 AD, when Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the temple, and dispersed the Jews from the land.

Matthew 24:15-31 is pretty much written to the Jew. It starts "when you see the abomination of desolation"...Luke makes it easier for Gentiles saying "when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies".

Same event...and it did happen.

What is the language of "sackcloth" in the OT but that of mourning? Jesus said "the tribes of the earth shall mourn"...same thing. One has to understand the language.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You may think so but the apocalyptic language is the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple...that's what the 6th seal is about.

What you have there is in Matthew 24:15-29...but I think Luke's version, which is written so that Gentiles would understand makes it clearer. Luke 21:20-28:
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near.
21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city;
22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled.
23 Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people;
24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
25 “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves,
26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

That is 70 AD, when Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the temple, and dispersed the Jews from the land.

Matthew 24:15-31 is pretty much written to the Jew. It starts "when you see the abomination of desolation"...Luke makes it easier for Gentiles saying "when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies".

Same event...and it did happen.

What is the language of "sackcloth" in the OT but that of mourning? Jesus said "the tribes of the earth shall mourn"...same thing. One has to understand the language.

No, the sixth seal happens after the fulness of the Gentiles is come in. (ain't happened yet)

I'll post a study on the signs of the 6th seal in just a bit, but I might have to drop it in 2 parts.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the scriptures we learn of the shake down to come Isaiah 13:13; “Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.” Isaiah 24:19; “The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.” Isaiah 24:20; “The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Also here we see a reference to the heaven and earth shaking when the Lord shall roar out of Zion.

Joel 3:16; “The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.”

Also after the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled then the Deliverer comes…Romans 11:26;

“And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:”

Signs in the heavens and in the earth before the great and terrible day of the Lord come…
Joel 2:30-31; “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.”

Same signs confirmed by Jesus..

Luke 21:11; “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

Signs
in the earth and the heavens; also the signs specific to the sun, moon and stars ...
Joel 2:10; “The earth shall quake before them, the heavens shall tremble; the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.”
Joel 2:31;”The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.”
Joel 3:15; “The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.”

And the same spoken of after the tribulation of those days (fullness of the Gentiles)

Matthew 24:29
"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken,

Mark 13:24;"But in those days, after that tribulation, `the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25: And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Powers shaken things removed by the Lords voice…

Hebrews 12:26-27
26whose voice then shook the earth. But now He hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven." 27And these words, "yet once more," signifies the removing of those things which can be shaken, such as things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Those things shaken…

Luke 21:26
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And again we read, He shall shake heaven and earth by His voice…Hebrews 12:26; “Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.”

The Lord shall utter his voice from heaven…
Jeremiah 25:30; “Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.”

Joel 2:11; “And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executes his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
Again the timing after those days (fullness Gentiles) and the events that follow…

Matthew 24:29; “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:”

And again, the timing, and events confirmed….

Revelation 6:12; “And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;”
Revelation 6:13; “And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.” Revelation 6:14; “And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Same wording here in Isaiah 34:4; “And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falls off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.”

And again those things shaken and removed, and those things that remain.

Haggai 2:6; “For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

Hebrews 12:25-28; “See that ye refuse not him that speaks. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaks from heaven:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.27 And this word, Yet once more, signify the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:”

And finally some good solid advice on how to remain….

Luke 6:47-4947 Whosoever cometh to me, and hears my sayings, and doeth them, I will show you to whom he is like:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a Rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a Rock.49 But he that hears, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the churches are seven...

Ephesus - Apostolic
Smyrna - Martyr
Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

And the horseman as four... The number of the earth... Four earthly regimes...

White - Democracy
Red - Communism
Black - Islam
Pale - The AnitChrist

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

Upvote 0