Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe there were scientists of any kind in the time and culture of the OT. In the entire world, there were only a few proto-scientists. There were more proto-scientists at the time of the NT, but in the culture of the NT, I can't think of any.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.
Archimedes of Syracuse (c. 287 BC – c. 212 BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. Although few details of his life are known, he is regarded as one of the leading scientists in classical antiquity.
SOURCE

Albeit:
A scientist, in a broad sense, is one engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge. In a more restricted sense, a scientist is an individual who uses the scientific method.

SOURCE

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also ships would be falling out of the earth because the earth is flat but it's not flat for ships have fell off the earth and planes show that the earth is indeed a circle how would I get to Australia if it's on the other side of the earth.
I've heard that rumor before.

Most people think the earth is round.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can you please point to a consensus by biblical scholars that the bible referred to Multiverses...which is dated before scientists proposed theories of Multiverses existing?

If you can't, then the bible clearly doesn't state anything about multiverses, and this is just another belated interpretation of the bible attempting to force it to fit modern scientific theory, so Christians can make an unfounded claim.

Aman is his own scholar.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Genesis 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

You now have two horizontal layers of water.

What is between them?

I say air.

Dear AV, The firmament is what protects Adam's world from the water into which it is placed. Have you ever seen water floating between a layers of air? Of course Not. Water being "above the firmament" and water being below the firmament clearly shows that water surrounded the firmament or boundary of Adam's world. It's the way water works.

Also note that the firmament was made the SECOND Day. (Genesis 1:6-8) God called the firmament "Heaven" and made other HeavenS (Plural) on the THIRD Day, the SAME Day the first Earth was made. Genesis 2:4

Here is Scripture which shows that the world that THEN WAS was totally destroyed in the Flood.

2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (Greek-Destroyed, totally)

The heavens and earth "WHICH ARE NOW" will also be burned.

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire

With your understanding, can you explain that the world that then was, was just air? IF so, please explain HOW the LORD made Adam of the dust of the ground if there wasn't any? Sorry, but the traditional understanding is Scripturally refuted all over the Bible.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
pssst.... everyone's a natural man, including AVVET's.

Dear HItchSlap, Not so. There are over 6 Billion Humans on this Planet and NONE of them evolved from the common ancestor of Apes. Humans ALL descended from Adam, the first human. It's the ONLY way to inherit his superior intelligence level, which is like God's, (Gen. 3:22) no matter what the lying ToE force teaches our children.

We are Humans, made on the 3rd Day, BEFORE any other living creature. We are NOT Apes and never have been since we were FIRST made. Genesis 2:4-7 We are destined to have dominion over EVERY other living creature, including Apes. Genesis 1:28

Teaching our children that they are no more than animals is what is ruining our country.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Can you please point to a consensus by biblical scholars that the bible referred to Multiverses...which is dated before scientists proposed theories of Multiverses existing?

Dear TFY, There is no need for a biblical scholar since Scripture is clear. The first "heaven" was made the 2nd Day. http://www.blbclassic.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=1&v=1&t=KJV#comm/6-8 The other heavenS (Plural) were made at the beginning of the 3rd Day.

Gen 2:4These are the generations of the heavens (Plural) and of the earth (made the 3rd Day- Gen. 1:9-10) when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens (PLural), The first Earth and the other HeavenS were made the 3rd Day.

1 heaven made the 2nd Day, plus other heavenS made the 3rd Day, equals a Multiverse. Right? The Multiverse is composed of at least THREE heavens or universes although there could be thousands of other worlds.

TFY:>>If you can't, then the bible clearly doesn't state anything about multiverses, and this is just another belated interpretation of the bible attempting to force it to fit modern scientific theory, so Christians can make an unfounded claim.

False accusation unless you can show us a better interpretation, which I don't believe you can. Do you accept the word of men or can you show us that God is wrong about the Multiverse?

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
Dear TFY, There is no need for a biblical scholar since Scripture is clear. The first "heaven" was made the 2nd Day. http://www.blbclassic.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=1&v=1&t=KJV#comm/6-8 The other heavenS (Plural) were made at the beginning of the 3rd Day.

Gen 2:4These are the generations of the heavens (Plural) and of the earth (made the 3rd Day- Gen. 1:9-10) when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens (PLural), The first Earth and the other HeavenS were made the 3rd Day.

1 heaven made the 2nd Day, plus other heavenS made the 3rd Day, equals a Multiverse. Right? The Multiverse is composed of at least THREE heavens or universes although there could be thousands of other worlds.

TFY:>>If you can't, then the bible clearly doesn't state anything about multiverses, and this is just another belated interpretation of the bible attempting to force it to fit modern scientific theory, so Christians can make an unfounded claim.

False accusation unless you can show us a better interpretation, which I don't believe you can. Do you accept the word of men or can you show us that God is wrong about the Multiverse?

In Love,
Aman
OK, my interpretation is that now that you know scientists have posited a theory of Multiverses, you are forcing scripture to follow science.

My interpretation is that a some ignorant (not stupid) people who had no idea what was going on in the world around them, couldn't understand what they saw and referred to the sky as "the heavens", and other plural terms.

Surely if the bible said there were Multiverses, this would have been discussed ad nauseum by theologians throughout history, but it hasn't, and that is because the bible doesn't say there are Multiverses.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
OK, my interpretation is that now that you know scientists have posited a theory of Multiverses, you are forcing scripture to follow science.

Dear TFY, False. I am showing that Genesis tells us of Future discoveries of Science, which are currently only the equations of Physics. It's PROOF of God since ONLY God could have known this 3k years ago. The Author of Scripture has revealed Himself in His own writing. It happens with most every writer.

My interpretation is that a some ignorant (not stupid) people who had no idea what was going on in the world around them, couldn't understand what they saw and referred to the sky as "the heavens", and other plural terms.

UnScriptural since God tells us He told the men who penned the Bible what to write from within them, through the Holy Spirit. It is clear in Genesis that ONLY God could have known the things written there, at the time.

Surely if the bible said there were Multiverses, this would have been discussed ad nauseum by theologians throughout history, but it hasn't, and that is because the bible doesn't say there are Multiverses.

I see. You seem to believe that we MUST believe men's views INSTEAD of actually reading and studying Scripture. God tells us to STUDY to show ourselves approved unto GOD and NOT to the world. Put your faith in God's Holy Word and you will soon find that God's Truth is the Truth in EVERY way. If it doesn't agree with Science and History, hang on to your wallet.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Like I said, Aman is his own scholar.

I guess we can ignore all the other scholars who have studied the book as their livelihood, since we have Aman.

Dear bhsmte, I'm not a scholar, but just a man. Must you rely on the opinion of men to understand Scripture? Just read it for what it says instead of what some man has told you it says. Ask for understanding and you will receive it. Here is what God says:

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

The Holy Spirit is the teacher of the Spiritual and NOT any man. The "Scholars" of the first Religion called for the Crucifixion of their own God. He came to His own and His own received Him not. John 1 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version) Put your faith in men and you will be disappointed. Put your faith in Jesus and you will never be disappointed.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
Dear TFY, False. I am showing that Genesis tells us of Future discoveries of Science, which are currently only the equations of Physics. It's PROOF of God since ONLY God could have known this 3k years ago. The Author of Scripture has revealed Himself in His own writing. It happens with most every writer.

No, Santa predicted has predicted more science than the Christian god. For instance, Santa spoke of Relativity before Einstein postulated it. That's how he can deliver so many presents to so many different locations in one night.

Santa has also said that anti-gravity is possible, something that science hasn't discovered yet.

What future scientific discoveries are in the bible?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, Santa predicted has predicted more science than the Christian god. For instance, Santa spoke of Relativity before Einstein postulated it. That's how he can deliver so many presents to so many different locations in one night.

Santa has also said that anti-gravity is possible, something that science hasn't discovered yet.

Don't forget this one:
Would someone please explain to me, from an evolutionary perspective, how a Rangifur tarandus can acquire the ability to emit electromagnetic radition in the 620-750 nm range from its rhinarium.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

What future scientific discoveries are in the bible?

Dear TFY, The scientific discovery that we live in a Multiverse is going to be announced in the next few years. When you hear it, you will remember that a Bible believing Creationst showed you where it was in Genesis. Can you tell us how ancient men knew this, IF you think men wrote the Bible?

Genesis 1:6-8 shows that the first heaven (firmament) was made the 2nd Day.
Genesis 2:4 shows that other heavenS (firmaments) were made the 3rd Day. One plus at least two more heavens equals a Multiverse. Correct?

Other future scientific discoveries will show that LIFE is found where ever we find liquid water in the Universe...BUT...Planet Earth is the ONLY planet where Humans are found. This is because there was but ONE Ark.

Also, when we find life, it will be like it is on our Planet, includiing prehistoric people who look exactly like us. This is because humans and prehistoric mankind are both His kinds. His kinds are those kinds which Jesus made with His own Hands. Some have confused them with common ancestors. Adam is the common ancestor of ALL Humankind.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0