I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
“The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.

For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?

In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.

O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.”

Psalm 89

”Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness and I will not lie to David—that his line will continue forever and his throne endure before me like the sun; it will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky.”

God created the sun, moon and the stars to “serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years.” Gen 1:14-16

The word for season here is the Hebrew word "moadim", which is the same word that is used about the Feasts of the LORD.

The Feasts teach about God’s salvation for mankind through his Messiah. In other words the sun, moon and the stars also teach us about God´s salvation.

Psalm 89 says that the heavens testify about God´s greatness and holiness. His faithfulness is a major theme throughout the psalm. The moon is called “the faithful witness in the sky.”

Colossians 2:16-17 The new moon is a shadow of things to come. “Let no one therefore judge you in eating, or in drinking, or with respect to a feast day or”a new moon or a Sabbath day, which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Messiah´s. “

Just as the Sabbath, the new moon also, teaches us about things to come through the Messiah.

How does the moon testify about the Messiah and the throne of David?

Matthew 1:17 “So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the exile to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the carrying away to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations.”

Why this repetition of fourteen?

First of all the numerical value of David is 14. Matthew is emphasizing that Yeshua is the promised Son of David. But the number 14 is also connected with the moon.

Exodus Rabbah 15:26 “The moon begins to shine on the first day of the month and goes on shining until the fifteenth day when she is full. After the fifteenth day her light wanes until on the thirtieth day it is not seen at all.

With Israel too, there were fifteen generations from Abraham to Solomon. After Solomon the kings began to wane …until Zedekiah, when the light of the moon vanished completely.”

King Solomon is the picture of the Messianic kingdom, the full moon. It is written in 1 Kings 4:20-25

“The people of Judah and Israel were as numerous as the sand on the seashore; they ate, they drank and they were happy. And Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the River to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. During Solomon´s lifetime Judah and Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, lived in safety, each man under his own vine and fig tree.”

After Solomon apostasy set in. The moon began to wane. Zedekiah was the last king to rule on the throne of David in Jerusalem.

During the exile in Babylon the moon was dark. Matthew points out that fourteen generations after exile, the promised seed, Yeshua of Nazareth came. The moon was once again full. Someone greater than Solomon had arrived.

“The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon´s wisdom, and now one greater than Solomon is here.” Mt 12:42

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Psalm 81:3-4 “Sound the ram´s horn at the New Moon, and when the moon is full, on the day of our Feast; this is a decree for Israel, an ordinance of the God of Jacob.”

The Hebrew word for full in this verse is very similar to the word for concealed. Verse 3 should actually more correctly be translated, “Sound the ram´s horn at the New Moon, when the moon is concealed, on the day of our Feast.”

The two major Feasts of Israel, Passover and Tabernacles, both begin when the moon is full. There is only one Feast which occurs on the New Moon. It is the Feast of Trumpets. It is the Feast that speaks about the coming of the Messiah.

In his last address to the leaders of his people Yeshua declared,

“I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Mt 26:64

The moon is God´s faithful witness in the sky. God´s calendar is a calendar built around the moon.

The New Moon testifies about the coming of the Messiah and the Messianic kingdom. This is the calendar all mankind will follow when Yeshua returns to Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
At last count, our moon was just one of three dozen planetary satellites in the solar system.

Jupiter has at least fourteen; Pluto and many of the asteroids apparently also have orbiting moons. However the moon which dominates the earth's night sky has many created distinctives of its own.

Furthermore all efforts to explain our moon's existence by natural physical processes have failed completely.

This lack of understanding of origins also continues on the larger scale of the universe itself. Astronomers are perplexed by the missing mass of the galaxies, the missing neutrinos of the sun, and the missing mechanisms for formation of stars and planets.

One is reminded of the prophet Jeremiah's counsel that the creation itself is in the end unfathomable: the heavens can never be fully measured, nor the foundations of the earth searched out. Jeremiah 31:37.

Only the special revelation of God through His Son and His Word provides final answers in matters of origins. God was, after all, the only One there!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Scripture, in direct contradiction to man's futile reasoning, states that the moon was created instantly Psalm 33:6, out of water Hebrews 11:3, and as a fully functioning satellite Genesis 1:16.

If it were not for this heavenly body between heaven and earth that has no explainable origin through man's theory life would not be possible on earth as this body in its fixed orbit governs the ebb and flow of the waters.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
What many do not perceive is that in the days of Noah there was only one faithful witness found.

In the days of Lot there was only one faithful witness in the city.

In the days of Enoch there was only one faithful witness taken.

In the days of Elijah there was only one faithful witness taken.

And Jesus name is the faithful witness and the Amen.

There are many other records where God only saved one out of a multitude who remained faithful.

Upvote 0