1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

The Eye Of A Needle

Discussion in 'Christian Current Affairs' started by Eeryman, Jan 10, 2012.

1. miamited

miamited Ted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    hi again eeryman,

Originally Posted by Eeryman [​IMG]
    Is the fact that we are all proven sinners an excuse for more sinning?
    Did I say I was a Democrat or that Christ's warning did not apply to them?

What is your purpose in responding to your own posts in a diffident attitude?

God bless you.
    In Christ, Ted

2. miamited

miamited Ted

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    and one more thing...

Is the fact that we are all proven sinners an excuse for more sinning?

Well, yes, actually to the godless. Their mantra is that everyone else is doing it so it must be ok - or - if it feels good do it. They don't see or understand 'sin' as the child of God does, so yes there are many who seeing someone else making lots of money, fame, etc., in an ungodly manner will accept and do the same in order to achieve a similar reward. Rap artists or any band that gains fame and wealth by being as vulgar and crude as they can will surely encourage future musicians to be the same and even worse in their quest for these things.

Just look at TV. We started off with an occassional slip of the tongue, but today for greater effect we endorse and even encourage greater and greater shows of wickedness to garner notoriety. There are hardly any provisions of decency left in the film industry as regards bloodlust, violence, torture, sexual experiences, greed, corruption and the few that are left are falling fast because we continue to want to push the envelope of wickedness to satisfy the lusts of godless people.

And: Romney and the other rich candidates have no inclination to turn over their riches to the poor and downtrodden and will be damned as sinners.

I suppose that you're going to post for us a list of the democrats, or any candidate of any affiliation, who have followed your understanding of this teaching?

God bless you.
    In Christ, Ted

3. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but you post makes it kind of obvious nonetheless.
    For sure, but there are a lot of people running for those offices who seem to think they represent the Kingdom of God -- else they wouldn't be spending the kind of money they spend to get there. Not that the Kingdom can be bought -- but a presidency or a gubernatorial seat sure can be! ^_^
    [
    The last one was Harry Truman, and he still had the backing and the treasury of the Democratic Party. The good thing about Harry was, once he got elected he didn't forget who got him there, but that didn't earn them any favors either. I know a few politicians who need to learn a lesson from that good ole Missouri boy.

:cool:

4. Fireinfolding

Fireinfolding Legend Supporter

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Hey, I didnt say it was impossible (just easier for the other) lol but its good to know bro :thumbsup:

Although it is (to me) impossible to get a camel through the eye of a needle. I cant imagine attempting it.. here ya go big boy "get through here"^_^

Then again swallowing camels and straining out gnats is possible and the entrance (in contrast to a needle) is not that significantly larger (considering what makes it through) lol

God bless you