The Eye Of A Needle

Eeryman

Jan 10, 2012
✟7,632.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24 The Republican candidates are very likely proven sinners. Follow them to hell if you want. Or heed Christ's specific warning.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi eeryman,

I don't know what correlation this post has with the 'eye of a needle' spoken of by Jesus, unless you are saying that the republicans are rich. To be honest, from where i stand, the democrats and the republicans seem to both be just about as rich as the other. Are there one or two who are richer, maybe, but I think if you take all the salaries and 'extras' (speaker salaries, stock and bond income, rental, etc.), you'll find that the actual 'money' difference isn't really all that great.

It takes just as much money for a democrat to run for an office as it does a republican. Are all republicans 'big business'? I think that's an antiquated affiliation that may not necessarily hold today. In the 40's, 50's and 60's it might have been provable that republicans were 'for' big business and democrats not so much, but I'm not sure that that correlation still holds.

Let's face it, to even be considered to run for many of these offices you have to have a track record of success and success, as measured by the world, usually is indicated by fairly large and comfortable bank balances.

Finally, if you even consider that republicans are proven sinners and democrats aren't, then you probably haven't finished reading the Scriptures yet. When you get into the new covenant you'll find that we're all sinners, all proven sinners.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry if the meaning of the words of Jesus cannot clearly be understood by you.

Oh, like this one?
John 15: 12-13 said:
12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
tulc(just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

Eeryman

Jan 10, 2012
✟7,632.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi eeryman,

I don't know what correlation this post has with the 'eye of a needle' spoken of by Jesus, unless you are saying that the republicans are rich. To be honest, from where i stand, the democrats and the republicans seem to both be just about as rich as the other. Are there one or two who are richer, maybe, but I think if you take all the salaries and 'extras' (speaker salaries, stock and bond income, rental, etc.), you'll find that the actual 'money' difference isn't really all that great.

It takes just as much money for a democrat to run for an office as it does a republican. Are all republicans 'big business'? I think that's an antiquated affiliation that may not necessarily hold today. In the 40's, 50's and 60's it might have been provable that republicans were 'for' big business and democrats not so much, but I'm not sure that that correlation still holds.

Let's face it, to even be considered to run for many of these offices you have to have a track record of success and success, as measured by the world, usually is indicated by fairly large and comfortable bank balances.

Finally, if you even consider that republicans are proven sinners and democrats aren't, then you probably haven't finished reading the Scriptures yet. When you get into the new covenant you'll find that we're all sinners, all proven sinners.

In Christ, Ted

Is the fact that we are all proven sinners an excuse for more sinning?

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry if the meaning of the words of Jesus cannot clearly be understood by you.
Maybe you'd like to share with us which ones He spoke that condemned Republicans -- or at least, the current crop of presidential candidates -- to hell. I must've missed that one.

Upvote 0

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, yes, they are. Didn't he tell "us" not to even deal with the people that make the Democrats' kind of "choices?" Cast the dust from your shoes as a curse to them? And move on to those that will at least hear the Gospel.

Doesn't it go like that?

I understand his words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
What stumbling blocks are the Republicans placing before a Christian?

Be honest . . . and with that honesty comes freedoms to own property and products and to be able to live free of the criminal courts systems. Stay in school. Don't make excuses for your problems. Get a degree. Get a good job. Take care of your financial life. Marry someone of the opposite sex (like marriage has always been). Be a good parent and take care of your children. Get involved with Churc and social outreach programs as a voluntary choice through Church or outreach program. Don't be dependent on government based (other people paying taxes YOU don't) prgrams that make you more and more dependent on them. Take care of the sufferings of people in other nations. Christians are not bigots, hateful nor are homophobes for not believing like non and anti Christians. Christians do not have to hide their beliefs from public view.

Etc., etc.. To name just a few (not in any special order)beneficial political issues of the GOP that give Christians no worries.

Now the other political platform?

You'ld better be a Christian exactly like a secular humanist or else.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did I say that sinners cannot be loved. But, of the many called, only a few are chosen. What happens to the others?

Those decisions I leave up to Someone who knows and loves far more then you or I. :wave:
tulc(has every confidence He'll do what's right) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes, they are. Didn't he tell "us" not to even deal with the people that make the Democrats' kind of "choices?" Cast the dust from your shoes as a curse to them? And move on to those that will at least hear the Gospel.

Doesn't it go like that?

I understand his words.

:sigh: so you're sort saying the same thing as the OP only with your opinions being the ones that God likes and anyone who votes/believes differently is under Gods judgement? :confused:
tulc(sees this coin get tossed all the time) :sorry:

Upvote 0

99percentatheism

Jul 8, 2011
✟1,693.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Is the fact that we are all proven sinners an excuse for more sinning?

No it's not. Tell that to the people that vote for liberal and progressive politics would you?

I mean the only reason you hear for the promotion of gay marriage is that some Christians get divorced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:23-24 The Republican candidates are very likely proven sinners. Follow them to hell if you want. Or heed Christ's specific warning.

You don't have any real idea what Christ was talking about with that verse or the context it is being used in, do you?

Upvote 0

Eeryman

Jan 10, 2012
✟7,632.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't have any real idea what Christ was talking about with that verse or the context it is being used in, do you?

The young man, to whom Jesus spoke, was given the opportunity to be saved. He could shed his wealth, give it to the poor and follow Jesus into the Kingdom of God. But he refused, sorry he could not be saved and keep his great possessions at the same time. Romney and the other rich candidates have no inclination to turn over their riches to the poor and downtrodden and will be damned as sinners. There will be no treasure in heaven for them or those who follow them. I hope this helps you understand the passage.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres a rich man who was a disciple of Christ

Mat 27:57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

Though, I cannot figure out what a rich man seeking to enter an office of an earthly kingdom has to do with entering the Kingdom of God. Jesus wasnt adressing an earthly kingdom election.

And its far easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle then a poor man to enter into that office...

Ok, I was kidding on the last one^_^ I couldnt resist that last one, because I never heard of a poor man running for that office

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi eeryman,

you responded: I am sorry if the meaning of the words of Jesus cannot clearly be understood by you.

Oh, don't be mistaken. The words of Jesus are clear to me, it is your assignation that they somehow apply to the 'rich' republicans and not the 'rich' democrats. My claim is that, accepting that anyone who has a large measure of plenty, especially as it relates to money, as being the 'rich' that Jesus was referring to, this passage surely applies to both republicans and democrats.

Now, I'm not vouching for the truth of the claims made on this site, but it would certainly be good for someone like yourself who seems to think that Jesus' teachings on wealth apply to one party over and above another, might want to do some further research here: More Wealthy Democrats in Senate than Republicans « Doctor Bulldog & Ronin

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0