• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The emotional pendulum

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
When I look back at my postings I see my emotions/attitude swing with the level of pain/discouragement and I'm somewhat embarrassed.

Do you find this to be true or have yall master this tight rope act?

Reason I am posting this is curiosity as to how ppl handle this but more of a way to hold myself accountable and NOT post when I am feeling like a 10000 ton train wreck.:amen:

One day at a time

Always in a state of change.....
Apr 26, 2009
sitting in my recliner--I'm sure!
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that whether we are in pain or not....we have emotional mood swings....most of which we regret in some way or other.
I think that writing on here does help us with these things when we need them and that we have someone to share them with that understand what we are going through. It's tough when we have been hit by that train! This way we can hold each other up in prayer and know that someone out there REALLY understands and just doesn't say it.

As for me....I have turned to journaling and have realized that this is a great outlet with what I go through....it takes my ups and downs.....just shows how human we are!

:hug: to you and it is ok if you write when you are under the stress.....I think that we can handle it!! :hug: :D

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
...:D don't know what I would do without this place...it has been a pressure relief valve for me for a long time now.

I am going to post more when I get home but I am posting from Florida...with the help of the Lord, my doc, my wife and my daughter I and my wife just had our 1st real vacation after 30 years of marriage...I am still geekin' over how He was out ahead of us at every turn...thanks for the prayers...be glad to be home in my comfy bed soon...post more this weekend.:clap:

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Glad that you got to go on vacation!! We are hoping to have a chance.....but it is looking like it's not going to happen. But oh well, that's life isn't it?! We had wanted to do something for our 25th anniversary...but it will probably have to wait until Christmas or for our 26th!
I'm going to be having surgery again in Aug.....so that will put a damper on things! But also it should help....we are praying!! :pray:

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
ah, well, will be prayin' for the surgery. As to anniversary, we felt like we got robbed by the IRS when my wifes daycare made a couple of extra grand on that yr of our 25th and they took 4k for the extra we made over into the next bracket...all of the money save to go to Hawaii...we had never been and she so wanted to see it once before life is through. But, we also wanted to go to WDW where Christine is a cast member and we could go within our budget, never would have dreamed of a vacation there but God worked it out for us to go so don't loose heart...who knows what He has in store for you.

Upvote 0

One day at a time

Apr 26, 2009
✟73,355.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the prayers and encouragement.....we are hoping to do something soon...that would be nice. We actually have a couple of days all by ourselves...so we are saying this is our anniversary present.....going to have crab legs....and are just taking it easy :D

Upvote 0