SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know many churches innocently do Easter egg hunts for the kiddies, but have they ever once thought how that has ZERO to do with Jesus.

Seriously, an egg laying rabbit full of colorful candy!!!

An Egg laying rabbit is 100% pagan and has zero to do with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. There is nothing in the Bible or Christian tradition that links the two together, yet many churchs continue to do Easter egg hunts.

Some Churches need to do better.

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fun, harmless traditions are fun and harmless. Freedom in Christ is a marvelous gift.

What does it have to do with Jesus?

No Christian would actively attend a gay pride parade and say it is fun and harmless.

If what you are doing ties back to a 100% pagan rituals, why do you keep doing it when God himself said do not worship him the same way the pagans worshiped their Gods as it is an abomination to him.

And we wonder why Christianity is a joke to most of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No Christian would actively attend a gay pride parade and say it is fun and harmless.

If what you are doing ties back to a 100% pagan rituals, why do you keep doing it when God himself said don not worship him the same way the pagans worshiped their Gods as it is an abomination to him.

And we wonder why Christan is a joke to most of the world.

All things are lawful to me, but not all things are expedient (1 Cor).

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know many churches innocently do Easter egg hunts for the kiddies, but have they ever once thought how that has ZERO to do with Jesus.

An Egg laying rabbit is 100% pagan and has zero to do with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. There is nothing in the Bible or Christian tradition that links the two together, yet many churchs continue to do Easter egg hunts.

Believe the egg sources to explanations of the origins. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Christians typically answer, with good reason, the chicken. Others, the egg.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
koinonia

If what you are doing ties back to a 100% pagan rituals, why do you keep doing it when God himself said don not worship him the same way the pagans worshiped their Gods as it is an abomination to him.

And we wonder why Christan is a joke to most of the world.
:doh:

eastereggs.jpg

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No? Really?? :p

Sorry, but seriously, I'm sure they do know that.

Well maybe things are different where you are, but over here, it's biologically impossible for rabbits to lay eggs. And I don't think anyone teaches that they do.

An Egg laying rabbit is 100% pagan

See above - it's 100% impossible.

and has zero to do with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.

Well not exactly, (eggsactly, sorry).

An egg is a symbol of new life. It has a hard outer shell and does not look like much, but inside is all that is needed to create a new life - the potential for new life is inside the egg. For years, people would paint hard boiled eggs, and some rolled them down a hill. All that happened is that chocolate manufacturers decided to make eggs from chocolate and get in on the act.

Some people also say that the egg reminds us of the stone that was rolled over the tomb - you have to smash the egg to get to what's inside.

Some churches adopt the very Biblical principal of going to where people are with the Gospel; Easter eggs are everywhere, why not use them to draw children in and present the Gospel to those who might not hear it otherwise.
Some churches use The Real Easter Egg - an egg made from FairTrade chocolate which comes with a booklet explaining the Easter story, and links to Christian teaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Could someone show me an example of a pagan egg-laying bunny?

Apparently this is one of them thar pagan things, but I've never actually seen an example of this from, you know, history.

Simply saying "eggs and bunnies are pagan" isn't a meaningful statement. Besides this, eggs and bunnies aren't pagan, last I checked God is the Creator of all things, and all things exist for His glory.

Unless of course you believe some other god exists and he/she created eggs and bunnies, but then the charge of "pagan" falls squarely into your court.

Having said all that, I'm not sure I've paid attention to "egg laying bunnies" in my life apart from the Cadbury one whose eggs are chocolate and filled with delicious cavity-creating white and yellow sugar ooze.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
In one of the churches I attended years ago, there was an egg hunt...as one previous poster suggested, it represents new life. So the egg hunt was a demonstration of how we should diligently seek new life in the death and resurrection of the risen Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could someone show me an example of a pagan egg-laying bunny?

Apparently this is one of them thar pagan things, but I've never actually seen an example of this from, you know, history.

Simply saying "eggs and bunnies are pagan" isn't a meaningful statement. Besides this, eggs and bunnies aren't pagan, last I checked God is the Creator of all things, and all things exist for His glory.

Unless of course you believe some other god exists and he/she created eggs and bunnies, but then the charge of "pagan" falls squarely into your court.

Having said all that, I'm not sure I've paid attention to "egg laying bunnies" in my life apart from the Cadbury one whose eggs are chocolate and filled with delicious cavity-creating white and yellow sugar ooze.

-CryptoLutheran

It goes all the way back to the Babylon legends of Semiramis and Tammuz.

Ill just attach one of many available sources online on the history of how the Egg came about. There are many and they have nothing to hide.

----------------------------------------------------
The Easter Egg

Most children and families who color or hide Easter eggs as part of their Resurrection Sunday tradition have no knowledge of the origin of these traditions. Easter egg activities have become a part of Western culture. Many would be surprised and even dismayed to learn where the traditions originated.
“The egg was a sacred symbol among the Babylonians. They believed an old fable about an egg of wondrous size which was supposed to have fallen from heaven into the Euphrates River. From this marvelous egg—according to the ancient story—the Goddess Astarte (Easter) [Semiramis], was hatched. And so the egg came to symbolize the Goddess Easter.”[11]
The idea of a mystic egg spread from Babylon to many parts of the world.[12] In Rome, the mystic egg preceded processions in honor of the Mother Goddess Roman. The egg was part of the sacred ceremonies of the Mysteries of Bacchus. The Druids used the egg as their sacred emblem. In Northern Europe, China and Japan the eggs were colored for their sacred festivals.[13]
The egg was also a symbol of fertility; Easter (Semiramis) was the goddess of Fertility. The Easter egg is a symbol of the pagan Mother Goddess, and it even bears one of her names.

--------------------------------------------

If you do an unbiased search on how easter eggs came to be, as a Christian you would not want to keep them as part of your celebration for Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to see evidence of a rabbit laying an egg. :)

It is a Babloyn Pagan legend that they have follow and Christianity adopted as part of the Easter celebrations. There sheer fact that we cant see evidence of a rabbit laying an egg, should be enough to boot the Easter bunny and Easter egg hunts out of the Easter Celebration.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though the bible says we should be keeping Passover, I am all for Easter in celebrating the death, burial, and resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ.

BUT WHY CANT WE DO IT WITHOUT THE EASTER BUNNY OR EASTER EGG HUNTS, AS THEY SHOULD NOT BE PART OF THE CELEBRATION!!!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In one of the churches I attended years ago, there was an egg hunt...as one previous poster suggested, it represents new life. So the egg hunt was a demonstration of how we should diligently seek new life in the death and resurrection of the risen Lord Jesus.
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Parents should allow their children hunt the eggs and not miss out on the fun.

let them know it is a fun thing to hunt the eggs that have been hid by the adults.

If parents go along with the deception of the bunny laying the eggs.

Telling the kids yes, the buddy laid the eggs.

Then at Christmas tell the kids that Santa brought those presents.

What happens?

Kids grow up learning that their parents lied to them.

Then they are told about Jesus.

We wonder why they do not believe.
If

Upvote 0