Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is actually more logical that she (and the production staff talking in her ear) goofed. It was not a big leap to expect the building to collapse.

Or even more likely: Emergency workers knew the the collapse of the building was imminent due to obviously failing structure. Hence the whole "pull it" comment (referring to the firefighting operations). Word of the imminent collapse gets to reporters who, in the confusion that reigned during the day and not being familiar with the NYC skyline, confused "is going to collapse" with "has collapsed".

Which is much more believable than some conspiracy that purposely imploded the building, and rather than just letting news of the collapse, which they wanted to appear to be due to structural damage, naturally be released to the media after the collapse, had instead opted to create some sort of statement to release to the media beforehand.

Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you are really proving is that you cannot address the fundamental premise that concrete cannot fall through steel at anything resembling free-fall speed, because steel is many million times denser than air. When you say "it wasn't free-fall speed, only truthers say that!" you are making a distinction without a difference, while continuing the amazing new demonization of the word "truth."
Not only can concrete not fall through steel at anything remotely resembling free-fall speed, (and perhaps your glasses are dirty, you miss the word "virtual" free-fall speed over and over,) it cannot fall through steel at all. Kinetic energy is expended as the floors meet resistance, and the mass slows and is stopped.

You are deliberately blowing smoke by ignoring differences in magnitudes, since again, steel, even if it is "soft like clay," is millions of times denser than air. Your argument is the same as me saying: "It is impossible that a piece of tissue paper stopped that bullet," and you saying "THERE YOU GO AGAIN! It was not a piece of tissue paper! It was three pieces!"

Don't complain about the "virtual" descriptor when the title of this thread omits it as well.

In other words, the momentum (which equals mass times velocity) of the 12 to 28 stories (WTC 1 and WTC 2, respectively) falling on the supporting structure below (which was designed to support only the static weight of the floors above and not any dynamic effects due to the downward momentum) so greatly exceeded the strength capacity of the structure below that it (the structure below) was unable to stop or even to slow the falling mass. The downward momentum felt by each successive lower floor was even larger due to the increasing mass.
From video evidence, significant portions of the cores of both buildings (roughly 60 stories of WTC 1 and 40 stories of WTC 2) are known to have stood 15 to 25 seconds after collapse initiation before they, too, began to collapse. Neither the duration of the seismic records nor video evidence (due to obstruction of view caused by debris clouds) are reliable indicators of the total time it took for each building to collapse completely.

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

Or even more likely: Emergency workers knew the the collapse of the building was imminent due to obviously failing structure. Hence the whole "pull it" comment (referring to the firefighting operations). ...

There were no firefighters in WTC7 at 4:30pm when it fell. They had all been pulled out at 11:30am that morning.

Best 90 minute documentary online, if you want to know about 9/11 you must watch this;

[youtube]rkCrZZvfCEw[/youtube]

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were no firefighters in WTC7 at 4:30pm when it fell. They had all been pulled out at 11:30am that morning.

Best 90 minute documentary online, if you want to know about 9/11 you must watch this;

[/youtube]

A) He said "emergency workers", which includes everybody.
B) So, they evacuated the building. Not unreasonable. "They" didn't want to risk anymore lives since there was nothing to be done to save the building.

Upvote 0
M

ManFromUncle

A) He said "emergency workers", which includes everybody.
B) So, they evacuated the building. Not unreasonable. "They" didn't want to risk anymore lives since there was nothing to be done to save the building.

There were no emergency workers of any kind in the building since 11:30 when they pulled out the firefighters. The last man out of WTC was Barry Jennings, chief of NYC emergency response, who in an interview said when he came out of the command center that Giuliani had just abandoned, the lobby had been blown out as if a bomb had gone off. He gave a critical interview in which he said he felt that he was stepping over dead bodies. He then retracted the "dead bobies" remarks just before the interview aired on BBC.

On August 19, 2008, 53 year old Barry Jennings died, two days before the release of the NIST Final Report on the collapse of WTC7, of "unknown causes." The interviewer hired a PI to investigate Jennings' death and not long after, the highly paid PI refunded his money and said "never contact me again".

Info at: JenningsMystery.com

Here is the interview.

[youtube]_DuSeuxjiJQ[/youtube]

BarryJennings.jpg

JenningsMystery.com

[youtube]rkCrZZvfCEw[/youtube]

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I still have a standing request for anyone to propose a rational motive for a demolition of WTC7. What purpose would that have served?

Btodd

They wanted to leave a few clues so that a select few could figure it out and realize how screwed they are that the illuminate can just toy with us and there's nothing we can do to stop it! Or maybe that people who are so incredible as to be able to pull off a conspiracy of this magnitude are also so stupid as to leak things to the media before they happen and to blow up extra buildings for the cool factor hoping nobody will question it.

Upvote 0

Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They wanted to leave a few clues so that a select few could figure it out and realize how screwed they are that the illuminate can just toy with us and there's nothing we can do to stop it! Or maybe that people who are so incredible as to be able to pull off a conspiracy of this magnitude are also so stupid as to leak things to the media before they happen and to blow up extra buildings for the cool factor hoping nobody will question it.

;)

Seriously, it doesn't make any sense at all. I've never heard a coherent explanation for how this fits into the supposed conspiracy (this is aside from the lack of evidence for a demolition).

Btodd

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
;)

Seriously, it doesn't make any sense at all. I've never heard a coherent explanation for how this fits into the supposed conspiracy (this is aside from the lack of evidence for a demolition).

Btodd

Here are a few:

Insurance $$
$$ to remove and replace lots of Asbestos from these old buildings no longer needed.

Thousands of documents related to criminal and SEC suits destroyed (of which Enron and Worldcom formed a part)

WTC 7 had offices for:

CIA
DOD
IRS
SEC
Secret Service
Various Banks

Pentagon not able to account for 2.3 TRILLION (as of Sept 10,2001) missing that was being investigated at the time

Lots of "coherent" reasons if you bother to look rather than mock.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
;)

Btodd

and that's before we get to the more difficult questions, such as "How did the government convince hijackers to fly planes into the towers and die when it was just for a conspiracy and not a terrorist attack?"

Upvote 0

Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here are a few:

Insurance $$
$$ to remove and replace lots of Asbestos from these old buildings no longer needed.

Thousands of documents related to criminal and SEC suits destroyed (of which Enron and Worldcom formed a part)

WTC 7 had offices for:

CIA
DOD
IRS
SEC
Secret Service
Various Banks

Pentagon not able to account for 2.3 TRILLION (as of Sept 10,2001) missing that was being investigated at the time

Lots of "coherent" reasons if you bother to look rather than mock.

If there are lots of coherent reasons for announcing a building would fall hours before it did, evacuating it of all life, and then 'blowing it up'...then perhaps you should start listing them. Noting that various government and other agencies had offices in the building does not suggest a rational motive. You didn't give a reason at all for demolishing an empty building in the context of this supposed conspiracy.

Oh wait...you did offer a few. One was insurance money. Perhaps you can elaborate on why the conspiracy needed to blow up WTC7 so Silverstein could collect insurance money.

The other was asbestos removal cost...which is not a motive in regard to a 9/11 conspiracy, particularly when the government didn't own the building anyway.

And blowing up a building to get rid of documents? Please.

Btodd

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If there are lots of coherent reasons for announcing a building would fall hours before it did, evacuating it of all life, and then 'blowing it up'...then perhaps you should start listing them. Noting that various government and other agencies had offices in the building does not suggest a rational motive. You didn't give a reason at all for demolishing an empty building in the context of this supposed conspiracy.

Btodd

Well, insofar as National News went - WTC 7 didn't get all that much airtime. In the weeks that followed 9/11, most of the stories coming out of MSM and shown on television or on their internet channels didn't pay much attention to WTC7 - it was more about the towers and Pentagon.

Out of sight - out of mind. To this day, I still meet people who say "wha?" to a mention of WTC 7. These kinds of people generally haven't looked into it - and their core memories from that time was what they were shown on T.V. only (mostly towers, pentagon) - and in sappy movies like "United 93" - meant to provoke an emotional and patriotic response that is conducive for keeping up the "war on terror".

I don't think the persons responsible for this really expected a concerted effort to push for the truth and have a real look at this - just for it to be buried and any mention shouted down by hyper "patriots", or people scornful of "conspiracy theories" in general. They think we're stupid - and generally speaking - they're right. T.V. provides the visual Disneyland of escape into endless game shows, reality T.V. shows, celebrity gossip and a lot of other junk meant to entertain and keep people out of the loop. National News provides a similar service, not just to report events - but to report events and cover stories in ways to mold public opinion of them.

As for motive - I think I've listed some rational ones. Thousands of files missing from both SEC and other Criminal investigations, as well as any secret doings of the DOD or CIA being destroyed provides plenty of motive - not to mention the financial motive of not having to replace lots of Asbestos due to increasing regulation(big $$ motive there) and just have insurance take care of it instead. It's called hitting a flock of birds with one stone.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were no emergency workers of any kind in the building since 11:30 when they pulled out the firefighters.

:doh:

Can we agree that nobody was in WTC 7 when it went down? What does the fact nobody was in the building have to do with anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aneeve

Aug 13, 2012
New York City,New York
✟7,707.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Shalom. I live in NYC and I remember when the towers were being built and the finish product..I entered those towers many times and was always at awe at how majestic they were. I also remember that tragic day and will never forget it..and I always wonder..how could two planes bring down such a strong foundation..I believe that peoples lives were sacrificed so that the Nation could go into this horrible and costly war.

I believe that there are questions unanswered..yet God will shine the light on the truth..and I pray those who planned such a mass murder..live to see their day in court and if not in the earthly courts then God has a day...waiting just for them in His court.

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Btodd

Oct 7, 2003
✟20,354.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I also remember that tragic day and will never forget it..and I always wonder..how could two planes bring down such a strong foundation..I believe that peoples lives were sacrificed so that the Nation could go into this horrible and costly war.

The explanation for the collapse is quite clear, and well-understood by structural engineers and other disciplines. If you want to understand them, here's a little hint that should be enlightening.

The second tower to be hit (the South Tower) was the first to collapse. There's a very basic reason for this, and it's not because of a conspiracy. Look into the explanation for that, and it will tell you a lot about why the buildings collapsed. It's not because the demolition crew accidentally forgot which one got hit first. :)

Btodd

Upvote 0

Aneeve

Aug 13, 2012
New York City,New York
✟7,707.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The explanation for the collapse is quite clear, and well-understood by structural engineers and other disciplines. If you want to understand them, here's a little hint that should be enlightening.

The second tower to be hit (the South Tower) was the first to collapse. There's a very basic reason for this, and it's not because of a conspiracy. Look into the explanation for that, and it will tell you a lot about why the buildings collapsed. It's not because the demolition crew accidentally forgot which one got hit first. :)

Btodd

Hmmm Wow...God knows.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
As for motive - I think I've listed some rational ones. Thousands of files missing from both SEC and other Criminal investigations, as well as any secret doings of the DOD or CIA being destroyed provides plenty of motive - not to mention the financial motive of not having to replace lots of Asbestos due to increasing regulation(big $$ motive there) and just have insurance take care of it instead. It's called hitting a flock of birds with one stone.

They're rational only if you don't either look at possible alternatives or the downside. No rational person would plan such a vast conspiracy to get rid of documents when they could simply be spirited away quitely and destroyed, and by far, far fewer people than needed for the proposed truther theories. As for asbestos - the downside of running the conspiracy obliterates any possible benefit when money could simply be siphoned away from other government programs to pay for it legitmately.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No rational person would plan such a vast conspiracy to get rid of documents when they could simply be spirited away quitely and destroyed, and by far, far fewer people than needed for the proposed truther theories.

I can imagine the meeting...

Guy1: "We got all these documents that we need to destroy. We really don't want the public to see them"
Guy2: "Ok, I'll just have Steve the intern shred them"
Guy3: "Oh I got a better idea! Lets [pretend to] crash two airliners into the buildings next door, implode them, and then blow up THIS building."
Guy2:"What?! That's insane. That would kill thousands, and involve thousands of people each of whom would have to keep their mouths shut".
Guy1: "BRILLIANT!"

Even if they needed to come up with some convenient excuse as to why the documents got destroyed, there are much less convoluted ways to do so. For example: "Oh no! All those documents we were transporting on that train burned up when it derailed. I don't know why they were being transported along with very flammable and volatile chemicals contained in thin, brittle tanks. Must have been a mix up at the train yard".

Upvote 0