kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No, no aircraft, just a whole ton of debris from the collapsing skyscraper next door.

Wait. I thought the buildings imploded on their own footprints at free fall velocity because the jet fuel weakened the steel cores? Oh and the by way, it was NOT next door. It was over 100 yards away: an awfully long distance considering the buildings, um, imploded on their own footprints? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for a building to be next door, doesn't that mean there can't be any buildings between them?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait. I thought the buildings imploded on their own footprints at free fall velocity because the jet fuel weakened the steel cores? Oh and the by way, it was NOT next door. It was over 100 yards away: an awfully long distance considering the buildings, um, imploded on their own footprints?

Who said they imploded on their own footprint?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in order for a building to be next door, doesn't that mean there can't be any buildings between them?

The building between them (WTC 6) was destroyed, too.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Who said they imploded on their own footprint?

True. Conspiracy theorists could say that every news station in the world filming the collapse of the towers had photoshopped every single video to make it look like they imploded on themselves when in fact WTC 2 toppled over sideways exactly onto WTC 6 and 7.

The building between them (WTC 6) was destroyed, too.

You know that even FEMA freely admits they demolished WTC 6, right?

So anyways...if I've got this straight from the "experts"...or...think they are...the Twin Towers were downed by jet fuel up at floor 108 melting the steel cores, while Building 7 fell down in exactly the same manner 6 hours later by falling debris that went through WTC 6 and started a fire on the ground floor of WTC 7? Oh, and was this fire the same jet fuel that brought down 1 and 2? The burning jet fuel travelled laterally 100 yards in sufficient quantity to melt Building 7's steel cores, right? Or was this fire somehow different...on a different floor...that brought down Building 7 identically?

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's amazing that you can still Keep fighting the good fight ManFromUncle, although I think it's pointless here. Check my post history, I've tried.

It isn't pointless, it's good fun. It's interesting to see what whacky conspiracy theories are out there, and fun to shoot them down.

Upvote 0

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So anyways...if I've got this straight from the "experts"...or...think they are...the Twin Towers were downed by jet fuel up at floor 108 melting the steel cores, while Building 7 fell down in exactly the same manner 6 hours later by falling debris that went through WTC 6 and started a fire on the ground floor of WTC 7? Oh, and was this fire the same jet fuel that brought down 1 and 2? The burning jet fuel travelled laterally 100 yards in sufficient quantity to melt Building 7's steel cores, right? Or was this fire somehow different...on a different floor...that brought down Building 7 identically?

I guess you don't get it. Jet fuel takes on magic properties when directed by the evil will of Osama Bin Laden. Not only can it flip from building to buildings as far as 100 yards away - under the influence of terrorists with box cutters - it also burns hotter, and properly directed by those who hate freedom - can yoda like be directed 108 stories down elevator shafts to selectively take out the thick core steel and concrete structures at the base of the building.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what to think. I don't want to think it was an inside job, but I've seen so much compelling evidence. But to believe it was an inside job, you have to believe your government is evil, or at least has a taste for it. I just don't know.

That's the impasse most people (especially if they have their home in the USA) get stuck on. They don't *want* to believe it - because that is much more disturbing than lone gunmen, 12 hijackers with boxcutters etc.

Btw - it isn't necessary to believe everyone in government or media is involved - just key players and decision makers.

Upvote 0
S

stillangela

That's the impasse most people (especially if they have their home in the USA) get stuck on. They don't *want* to believe it - because that is much more disturbing than lone gunmen, 12 hijackers with boxcutters etc.

Btw - it isn't necessary to believe everyone in government or media is involved - just key players and decision makers.

I understand. I worked in the media for awhile, and know we pushed the stories we were given. I also know quite a few people involved in politics who have no idea whatsoever. *IF* this was an inside job, only the very powerful were involved. The rest had the wool pulled over their eyes. The images, the video, the Patriotism that followed the news coverage was just so powerful. I wouldn't doubt anything anymore, but you're right--to keep our sanity, we almost have to fight the debate going on in our own minds.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I understand. I worked in the media for awhile, and know we pushed the stories we were given. I also know quite a few people involved in politics who have no idea whatsoever. *IF* this was an inside job, only the very powerful were involved. The rest had the wool pulled over their eyes. The images, the video, the Patriotism that followed the news coverage was just so powerful. I wouldn't doubt anything anymore, but you're right--to keep our sanity, we almost have to fight the debate going on in our own minds.
Impossible.
IF this was an inside job, plenty of regular non-powerful people were needed to administer it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is kind of why I'm here. I like the banter, and I can see the validity on both sides. I'll be the first one to admit I don't know everything about everything. Sometimes, forums are the best kind of research. It really gets you thinking for several points of views.

The problem is that one side has the capability to make all sorts of wild claims and provide only the thinnest of "evidence" in support of their views, while sounding nearly as legitimate as the other side that's founded in reason and evidence.

This is a fairly technical subject that requires rather specific training to evaluate, so we lay folks are, to a degree, at the mercy of our wits and the folks spewing information at us.

At the end of the day, there are resources explaining why all of this truther nonsense is just that: nonsense.

No, the impasse most people have is that they see the truthers as nutjobs and their theories as baseless.

And the hundreds of people that would have been required to rig up the two buildings.

-Dan.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
The news clip right there, on the ticker,, plain as day: "Solomon Brothers building collapses". And yet the building remains standing, right there behind the reporter. It even collapses right there on the TV screen after the ticker has already reported it!!

And the crowd goes silent.... It's just a hmmm...well....

Only an issue if the reporter was live. Otherwise...

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
And the hundreds of people that would have been required to rig up the two buildings.

-Dan.

My husband is a military explosives officer. And this is the point he keeps coming back to. Rigging the 3 WTC buildings that collapsed to implode with explosives, would take a sizeable crew some weeks, with kackhammers and cabbling and so on. Its amazing no one noticed the demolition crew laying explosives in the structural members in the lead up. Even more amazing that no one has come forward since to say "I was part of the dems crew".

The whole "WTC was blown with demo charges" theory seems to rest on the idea that you can rig a couple of skyscrapers to implode without anyone noticing. They don't seem to realise that demolitions are actually pretty involved, not just a matter of a guy with a suicide vest or something.

Upvote 0

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My husband is a military explosives officer. And this is the point he keeps coming back to. Rigging the 3 WTC buildings that collapsed to implode with explosives, would take a sizeable crew some weeks, with kackhammers and cabbling and so on. Its amazing no one noticed the demolition crew laying explosives in the structural members in the lead up. Even more amazing that no one has come forward since to say "I was part of the dems crew".

It's not amazing if you don't assume they were working in broad daylight during business hours. How do you know they didn't go in at 2am and work till 4am for a number of weeks? Hint * check to see who was in charge of the security firm for the buildings...

The whole "WTC was blown with demo charges" theory seems to rest on the idea that you can rig a couple of skyscrapers to implode without anyone noticing. They don't seem to realise that demolitions are actually pretty involved, not just a matter of a guy with a suicide vest or something.

Yes they are pretty involved - and generally the people who believe the towers were rigged acknowledge that it would have taken weeks and careful planning, as well as special security clearance and definitely working at night outside of normal operating hours.

Upvote 0

Nekoda

May 2, 2012
✟1,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, the impasse most people have is that they see the truthers as nutjobs and their theories as baseless.

It's common for many who have their comfortable world view questioned to respond with insults like "nutjob" and other demeaning titles along sweeping generalizations that every bit of information that doesn't fit said worldview is "baseless" or "crazy".

That isn't specific to conspiracies either. Questioning someone's religion often produces similar results. Often it has a lot more to do with psychological comfort then any real honest look at what is being presented.

-Dan.

You're assuming a short time-frame. If the goal was to quickly set it up in like a week or less - then, yeah, lots of people needed. If it was months or even years in the planning - no, not so many people needed.

But you would need to control security (courtesy of Securacom who just happened to be security for US army,navy,air force and DOJ - and just happened to have as one of it's chief principles - Marvin Bush - Bush's younger brother).

And you'd probably have to erase or destroy any security footage. No problem - to date it's never been found, or if it did exist offsite, it's never been released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0