Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Bring legal charges. That will teach him to think twice about ever touching another person without consent.

do you really think it is reasonable to charge someone for something that happened 13 years ago when the person was a young teen?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think that the decisive factor with legal charges is the fact that all of the victims have forgiven him and hence none of them apparently want to bring legal charges against him.

I am not an expert on this legal stuff, but the state can press criminal charges on someone even if the victims do not want to

I think the statute of limitations is a big deal
it is in place for a reason

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
do you really think it is reasonable to charge someone for something that happened 13 years ago when the person was a young teen?

Maybe - maybe not, I'll leave that to those who he violated. But the whole family just needs to go away and stop talking. Who the heck is Josh Duggar to be yapping about morality anyway? Good grief.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe - maybe not, I'll leave that to those who he violated. But the whole family just needs to go away and stop talking. Who the heck is Josh Duggar to be yapping about morality anyway? Good grief.

well as far as I have seen, none of the victims wanted to press charges, or even have this be brought up again

as for "who is he to be talking about morality"
well everyone has made mistakes before, some serious mistakes
I mean if we went by the mindset that mistakes in the past mean you can never talk about morality again, well we would have to cut out all of Paul's Epistles from the Bible....
Paul was not a child when St. Stephen was stoned to death, he was an adult, so in a way, that is even worse

Reactions: Achilles6129
Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
well as far as I have seen, none of the victims wanted to press charges, or even have this be brought up again

as for "who is he to be talking about morality"
well everyone has made mistakes before, some serious mistakes
I mean if we went by the mindset that mistakes in the past mean you can never talk about morality again, well we would have to cut out all of Paul's Epistles from the Bible....
Paul was not a child when St. Stephen was stoned to death, he was an adult, so in a way, that is even worse

Ironic. And she sounds spiteful and self righteous. Josh needs to stop pointing the finger at others. When will people finally learn that morality is not something that can be mandated, lobbied for or forced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
spiteful and self-righteous?

not sure what you are talking about

I watched the video, just saw a man yelling how dumb a woman is
kinda misogynistic if you ask me
"OH look, a woman is concerned about something going on in her State.... she is so DUMB! DUMB DUMB DUMB"
wow, what a gentleman, keepin it classy MSNBC....

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private

"OH look, a woman is concerned about something going on in her State.... she is so DUMB! DUMB DUMB DUMB"

Wow. Hatred and hypocrisy dribble from her tongue, but you just think the newscaster is being "misogynistic".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I did not see anything wrong with what Michelle Duggar said. I have seen many go bat crazy over what they think she said

"many" people hear the snitty tone in her voice and the profound lack of depth in her thought process. That might be why so many people react strongly.

Let's not even get started on the hypocrisy and secrets she keeps.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Hatred and hypocrisy dribble from her tongue, but you just think the newscaster is being "misogynistic".

hypocrisy?
I did not see any hypocrisy
now if she said her son did nothing wrong and it was ok for him to touch his sisters and then she said that stuff on the call, about wanting to protect children, THAT would be hypocrisy

but she understands that what he did was wrong, she sent him to receive counseling away from home, and when he returned home, there were new rules and regulations on how all the children were supervised.
At least that is what happened according to the sisters who were molested

because her son made a mistake, she should not speak up when she thinks other children are being put in danger?

sorry, I do not want a 40 year old man changing clothes next to a 12 year old girl at the gym locker room, that's not "transphobic" that is a reasonable concern

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I am not an expert on this legal stuff, but the state can press criminal charges on someone even if the victims do not want to

Correct. I just don't think that they should in this case, unless the victims want to.

I think the statute of limitations is a big deal
it is in place for a reason

Yeah, but I can't imagine that the statute of limitations for groping a 5-year-old has expired. Maybe it has something to do with his age?

Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Ironic. And she sounds spiteful and self righteous. Josh needs to stop pointing the finger at others. When will people finally learn that morality is not something that can be mandated, lobbied for or forced.

I'm not going to say I agree with robocalls, because I don't, but it's currently her legal right to do robocalls. I don't think that Josh (or anyone else in the family) is "pointing the finger at others" in the sense of saying that the family condemns certain behavior; what they're saying is that God condemns certain behavior. As long as that's what they're saying (and I believe they are), then really anyone has the right to say anything. A convicted serial killer has the right to lecture others on morality so long as he makes reference to the fact that it's not he who's condemning others but rather God who's condemning others. Anyone can quote the Bible and say "this is wrong," etc.

Let's not even get started on the hypocrisy and secrets she keeps.

I'll agree that she handled the situation involving the 5-year-old poorly, but I don't agree she's a hypocrite. Hypocrites are people who do something in the present and then, while doing something in the present, condemn others for it. This was something that happened 12-13 years ago and I think the entire family had considered it dealt with and had moved on. So it's something in their past, meaning, of course, that she's not a hypocrite.

It would be like someone who practiced homosexuality turning from that behavior and condemning others who practiced homosexuality. That wouldn't be hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Morality just can't be mandated.

God can mandate morality. As far as I'm aware, the Duggars are simply saying God condemns certain things. They're not condemning it - God is.

Also, I think it's ironic that I was turned in to the forum for saying something that was perceived as an attack - when it was actually an astute observation.

I had nothing to do with turning you in to the forum.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't think she's being a hypocrite here, just ignorant. She's probably bought into most Gothard lies that all LGBT people are pedophiles or something. In light of Josh, I can understand her concern with young girls getting molested. She just made a false assumption and spoke publicly about it.

You ok, btw? The duggar debate can get really frustrating. I'm kind of neutral, I think Josh should have charges pressed against him if the girls want to, but I think he should just be left alone, forgiven and allowed to move on. And the parents should stop the gothard teachings.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think she's being a hypocrite here, just ignorant. She's probably bought into most Gothard lies that all LGBT people are pedophiles or something. In light of Josh, I can understand her concern with young girls getting molested. She just made a false assumption and spoke publicly about it.
Hypocrisy and ignorance really seems to be a fine line with these folks. And for their supporters, I don't mean ignorance as far as "gosh these guys are dumb as a box of rocks", but in terms of they just can't make connections between one thing and another. Josh molesting his sisters and Mrs. Duggar making a robocall about the "safety" of the public from LGBT "predators" is just a disconnect somewhere in her mind. It just doesn't occur to her.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hypocrisy and ignorance really seems to be a fine line with these folks. And for their supporters, I don't mean ignorance as far as "gosh these guys are dumb as a box of rocks", but in terms of they just can't make connections between one thing and another. Josh molesting his sisters and Mrs. Duggar making a robocall about the "safety" of the public from LGBT "predators" is just a disconnect somewhere in her mind. It just doesn't occur to her.
Exactly. I don't think I'd want "women" that were very obviously men around my daughters if I had them. But I wouldn't worry about them getting molested, just about having to explain transgenderism if they're at a young age. I didn't even know about the concept of same sex attraction until I hit puberty. I wouldn't want them getting confused about their own genders, or thinking that it's just like some crazy game you play forever or whatnot. If the person could "pass", though, I don't think I would mind as long as they didn't bring attention to it, which they wouldn't.

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟30,220.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
God can mandate morality. As far as I'm aware, the Duggars are simply saying God condemns certain things. They're not condemning it - God is.

I had nothing to do with turning you in to the forum.
I'm glad to hear that. I'm sorry that I thought you did. My bad.

Upvote 0