tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hn-mccain-was-suffering-as-a-prisoner-of-war/

article said:
“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said of McCain.

“He’s a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said sarcastically. “I like people that weren’t captured.”

Trump’s comments drew scorn from his fellow Republican presidential contenders. But The Donald didn’t back down.

“When I left the room, it was a total standing ovation,” he told ABC News in reference to his already infamous Iowa speech. “It was wonderful to see. Nobody was insulted.”

In fact, a lot of people were insulted.

“John McCain is a hero, a man of grit and guts and character personified,” Secretary of State John F. Kerry said in a statement. “He served and bled and endured unspeakable acts of torture. His captors broke his bones, but they couldn’t break his spirit, which is why he refused early release when he had the chance. That’s heroism, pure and simple, and it is unimpeachable.”

If Trump doesn’t think that that’s heroic, then what, exactly, is admirable in his eyes?

And what was he doing while McCain was locked up in the infamous prison that POWs sarcastically dubbed the Hanoi Hilton?
interesting article.
tulc(will just leave this here) :wave:

Reactions: GoldenBoy89

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump remains as laughable as ever:

150729-donald-trump-if-i-become-president-ill-get-advice-from-sarah-palin.jpg

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...pping-sarah-palin-future-trump-administration

“Because she really is somebody who knows what’s happening and she’s a special person, she’s really a special person and I think people know that.”

:swoon:

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Once again, if the Dems are this afraid of Trump, I'm obligated to give him a second look. No one's making up stories about Dr. Carson or Gov. Pataki, and it's obvious why that is the case.
OH YES! Please DO consider him and make us here liberals shake in our boots! ^_^

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once again, if the Dems are this afraid of Trump, I'm obligated to give him a second look. No one's making up stories about Dr. Carson or Gov. Pataki, and it's obvious why that is the case.

Actually from what I'm reading about Gov. Pataki he doesn't sound half bad. :)
tulc(is just sayn') :wave:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually from what I'm reading about Gov. Pataki he doesn't sound half bad. :)
tulc(is just sayn') :wave:
I kinda feel that way, too. His subdued style and, perhaps, the fact that his entrance into the race was not expected much before it happened, seem to be keeping him from catching the headlines.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OH YES! Please DO consider him and make us here liberals shake in our boots! ^_^

This is exactly what everybody wants:

trumpcoulter.jpg

74941_donald-trump-ann-coulter-300x208.jpg

I just heard Coulter has endorsed Trump - what great news!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One served his country, one served his money.
I'll leave it to you figure out who is who.

Clinton didn't serve either. Never heard anyone on the left complaining about that.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Clinton didn't serve either. Never heard anyone on the left complaining about that.

Pretty sure Clinton didn't make a lot of political hay out of the Vietnam war record of his opponents. He wasn't quite that stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet its pertinent.

Attention paid.

I don't see how a thread about two Republicans and what they did during Vietnam is also even sort of about what a Democrat also did during Vietnam. If you feel the need to discuss it perhaps you could just start another thread about it and let this thread remain about what the OP is about. :wave:
tulc(thinks that would be best) :)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How so? Did the article in the OP mention Clinton? And more specifically, how did the quote of mine even lead anyone to careen out of control to either of the Clinton's?
He thinks it is one of those fair and balanced thingys....

Say something bad about a republican, and the response is 'what about Clinton'.

Only problem is they never address the topic, and they make it seem justified because of Clinton.

I am seeing some serious deflection going on.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
He thinks it is one of those fair and balanced thingys....

Say something bad about a republican, and the response is 'what about Clinton'.

Only problem is they never address the topic, and they make it seem justified because of Clinton.

I am seeing some serious deflection going on.
But their hero, Ronnie Reagan, got rid of equal time in the media. Are you saying they now want to bring it back? :scratch:

Upvote 0