The Doctrine of "Universalism" (Christian Universalism or Otherwise) True or False?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you see anywhere in the prophecy of Jonah where any Ninevites escape destruction?
Every time I ask for scriptures that support universalist doctrine, I don't get any. What do I get? More questions, and usually questions about what I believe and questions about other parts of scripture that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. The universalist maintains that people only suffer for a little while in Hell and then are allowed to go to Heaven. Since that is their stance they need scriptures that prove it. Every time I ask for them, I don't get them. That is very very telilng. We're not talking about Nineveh, we're not talking about Jonah, we're talking about universal salvation. Do you have scriptures that support it yes or no. I'm going with no, you don't. If you would like to discuss Jonah, start a thread about that.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This sounds alot like the Mormon theology behind "blood atonement". They believe there are sins that the blood of Christ didn't pay for, so they have to spill their own blood or the blood of others to pay for the sin that's been committed. So which sins did Jesus blood not pay for? Also, imo, this belief makes Jesus a liar. Jesus said "It is finished", apparently not if what you present here is in fact true.
Not only that, but how do they think that SINFUL HUMANS can ever atone for their souls?
They're a blemished "sacrifice" any way you look at it (literally, metaphorically, spiritually). The ONLY sacrifice that removes sin is the PERFECT one who perfectly fulfilled the Law IN OUR PLACE (doing what we could not do).
Otherwise, men can atone for sin. :swoon:

IT'S WHY JESUS IS MANDATORY FOR SALVATION. It's the entire point of the gospel. No Jesus, No salvation.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Post #862

I dealt with the Lake of Fire question back in post #764.
I hardly call that "dealing with it". You're seeing what you wanna see, while ignoring the fact that the people who are in the sea are given up for judgment by their works. Christians never go to Hades and never stand judgment at the Great White Throne judgment, which is what is being referenced there. The only judgment we attend is the Bema Seat Judgment where not us, but our works are tested by fire.

Upvote 0

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private