The Doctrine of "Universalism" (Christian Universalism or Otherwise) True or False? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Originally Posted by chaela

If the last enemy to be destroyed is death, (1 Cor 15:26), I guess people have got to be resurrected from it, right? And if death is the last of the enemies to be done away with, there cannot be any other enemies around anywhere. So who is roasting endlessly in fiery lakes if there are no enemies left?

Death is thrown into that fiery place...along with Satan and his evil horde, and all sinners.

Revelation 20:13-15
The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Reactions: IamRedeemed
Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
*checking in*

Any takers on a formal debate? I'm willing to spot you the KJV and the Textus Receptus. :D

I'm in, but I've never done a formal debate before and have no idea how it's structured, how many play, are there sidelines, etc, etc..

Gotta take the plunge and learn something new I guess...

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well Im in on the side of the word of God as revealed in 1 Timothy 2.4....are you opposed or for the word of God ?

I am on the side of the word of God as revealed---period! You must take the whole word and not merely a few pet passages that suit your way of thinking. That is not wisdom.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm in, but I've never done a formal debate before and have no idea how it's structured, how many play, are there sidelines, etc, etc..

Gotta take the plunge and learn something new I guess...

It is usually one one one, but it could be modified to have teams.

The posts would be staggered, that is post-response-post-response. Rather than the quick bon mots of free for all threads, the posts and responses would be longer, more thoughtful arguments separated by a few days.

We could have an affiliated "peanut gallery" thread for running commentary by non-participants.

I am willing to negotiate the specific proposition to be debated, the number and timing of posts and, to some extent, the number of participants.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well Im in on the side of the word of God as revealed in 1 Timothy 2.4....are you opposed or for the word of God ?
You really need to stop this type of argument - becuz you're stating here that unless I accept YOUR INTERPRETATION / your understanding of that verse, then I'm in denial of scripture.

I'm in full support of 1 Tim 2:4 and every other verse you toss in this ring - I am NOT in agreement with your reading in Universal salvation to them becuz they do not work and can be (and have been ) refuted as such.

However, I have YET to see you explain Mat. 7:21-23 and 1 Cor 6:9-10 as to people who call out to the LORD (Christ) or live in chronic sin lifestyles NOT making into God's kingdom at all.

You seem to think that this is all about you whipping out scriptures & statements but not giving responses & answers to your opponents. That isn't discussion, it's preaching and it gets old.

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is usually one one one, but it could be modified to have teams.

The posts would be staggered, that is post-response-post-response. Rather than the quick bon mots of free for all threads, the posts and responses would be longer, more thoughtful arguments separated by a few days.

We could have an affiliated "peanut gallery" thread for running commentary by non-participants.

I am willing to negotiate the specific proposition to be debated, the number and timing of posts and, to some extent, the number of participants.

This topic is not worthy of such a debate set-up.

It's been a slam dunk already.

Go ply your formidable debate skills on the homosexuality fora, where they are sorely needed.

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This topic is not worthy of such a debate set-up.

It's been a slam dunk already.

Go ply your formidable debate skills on the homosexuality fora, where they are sorely needed.

That's "mad db8 skillz" :D

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Count me in on a Team, for Universal Salvation of all men as revealed across the whole of Gods word...

Acts 3
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Once again--only convenience scriptures--which say nothing.

Take the context:

Acts 3:17-23
Friends, I realize that what you and your leaders did to Jesus was done in ignorance. But God was fulfilling what all the prophets had foretold about the Messiah—that he must suffer these things. Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets. Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among your own people. Listen carefully to everything he tells you.’ Then Moses said, ‘Anyone who will not listen to that Prophet will be completely cut off from God’s people.’

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Take the context:

Friends, I realize that what you and your leaders did to Jesus was done in ignorance. But God was fulfilling what all the prophets had foretold about the Messiah—that he must suffer these things. Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. For he must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of all things, as God promised long ago through his holy prophets. Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from among your own people. Listen carefully to everything he tells you.’ Then Moses said, ‘Anyone who will not listen to that Prophet will be completely cut off from God’s people.’
[my purple emphasis]
Yes, here we go AGAIN. If this is how one interprets scripture, (completely ignoring context, ignoring OTHER verses that enhance meaning or refute interpretation) then I'm worried about what else is being believed about other doctrines.

These do more to harm the U cause than help it imho.

oh well.

:sigh:

:tutu:

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

You Know I am only here to promte the starting of the Debate by making it known that I am willing to take part in a team effort.... So I will not be making any further posts after this one in this particular thread.

I would like to point out however, that I came to the relisation of the truth some years back about Gods intention towards all men.....and I have full well experienced here in this thread about what Jesus said in Mathew about how it is not what goes into a mans mouth that makes him unclean, but what comes out of it.

<staff edit>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
[my purple emphasis]
Yes, here we go AGAIN. If this is how one interprets scripture, (completely ignoring context, ignoring OTHER verses that enhance meaning or refute interpretation) then I'm worried about what else is being believed about other doctrines.

These do more to harm the U cause than help it imho.

oh well.

:sigh:

:tutu:

Easy peasy for us!
slamdunkgoofy.jpg

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals

Take the context:

Does this mean they were destroyed physically or spiritually? Is it of the flesh or of the spirit?

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen::preach:

Take the context:

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You Know I am only here to promte the starting of the Debate by making it known that I am willing to take part in a team effort.... So I will not be making any further posts after this one in this particular thread.

I would like to point out however, that I came to the relisation of the truth some years back about Gods intention towards all men.....and I have full well experienced here in this thread about what Jesus said in Mathew about how it is not what goes into a mans mouth that makes him unclean, but what comes out of it.

<staff edit>.

Saccharin tastes yucky, doesn't it, Nadiine? IAR? :doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.