The Doctrine of "Universalism" (Christian Universalism or Otherwise) True or False? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The King James Version is known to have 40,000 errors in it...

The Literal Translations are best...The Most accurately translated Bible in the World is the Concordant Literal New Testament...however many have accussed it of being a Universalist Bible because it shows they have believed in a lie all of their lives, and they can not handle the Truth of correct translation.
The CLNT... the site I know lists all the troubles with that version - & it's UNIVERSALIST...
go figure :doh:

Does that version explain when & how souls get out of Gehenna? & where they go after that since we have several verses citing that Some will not enter?

& does that version have these passages?

Mt. 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Cor. 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

:o
The Best way to Go is allow all bibles as a reference source, because even in the most botched versions of the Bibles, the greater body of evidence...still points in the same direction.
now that I can agree with

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the KJV is inferior? Almost all of us in this generation have had the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ made available to us from that very version, and have our salvation in hand because of it!

The Spirit of Truth transcends man's incompetence!

Who in his right mind would actually count minor errors in the text of Scripture? For what purpose? To distract from the knowledge of God? To discount the Truth of any matter? Hmmm...

I proposed using the KJV to avoid these sorts of arguments. :(

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not interested really. As I said in looking at all of this, if they had anything, they
could have provided it in the past nearly 2000 posts. They don't because they can't.

Universalism IS, as we have shown by the Word of God Another Gospel, preaching
Another Jesus, one that can even be bypassed if they don't like His judgment as well
as can be bypassed through atoning of themselves and by some miracle of themselves
they can be resurrected from the Second Death and give Jesus a snarky look as they
march past Him into Heaven through some "other" door. :sick:

Give me a break.:doh:

My prayer is that the Universalists here have heard enough that they will seek the
Lord and read His Word day and night and see that their doctrine is false, so
that they do not teach others this proven heresy and to blaspheme the Cross of Christ.

Exactly! :clap:

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hold them in contempt?

The Word of God damns the heresy.
I am just the messenger.

There is no point in the proposal. If their doctrine was sound, it could have
passed with flying colors, when held up to the Word of God within the past nearly
2000 posts. It did not.

Most of their appeals consisted of Scripture out of context when it was
used, which was less often than their appeals to the natural understanding
and wishful thinking of men.

It failed miserably against the Scriptures.

OK, I already know you hold your opponents in contempt. No reason to keep on with it.

I take it you are declining the proposal.

Any other takers?

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hold them in contempt?

The Word of God damns the heresy.
I am just the messenger.

There is no point in the proposal. If their doctrine was sound, it could have
passed with flying colors, when held up to the Word of God within the past nearly
2000 posts. It did not.

Most of their appeals consisted of Scripture out of context when it was
used, which was less often than their appeals to the natural understanding
and wishful thinking of men.

It failed miserably against the Scriptures.

If it failed once, surely you can prove it fails again in a slightly more formal setting.

Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya wanna dance? :D

~ Joey Ramone.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it failed once, surely you can prove it fails again in a slightly more formal setting.

~ Joey Ramone.
Salutes... Gone, but NEVER forgotten

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People I would suggest that only posts concerning a debate being set up should be responded too....other wise you will get side tracked away from it.

The Chaff is starting to blow away....
No offense, the chap blew away on the last thread imho.

The Universalist verse usage cannot trump what we do have in the preponderance of other clear scripture.

& in order to trump it, you NEED clear scriptures teaching the scenario of people getting OUT of Gehenna - their punishment.
How that all works and then where they are sent - since scripture emphatically claims that some will not enter His kingdom. (no exceptions given, no exclusionary clauses tacked onto it as if some get in "later").

IF that existed, we'd have some serious discussions on how it all fits and I'd be open to viewing this all very differently

Mt. 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

1 Cor. 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Formal or informal does not matter.

Are you hearing what they have been saying,
that I have been emphasizing uncontested for several pages?
NOT ONE has said, "no you've got that all wrong".

Read my posts again. I have shown that they are saying there
is ANOTHER WAY to enter into eternal life and reconciliation
with the Father than by the blood of Jesus Christ.

They will never have a case for that in a million years from the Word of God.
Changing the atmosphere will never change that fact.

~ Joey Ramone.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

The Only reason I suggested the Concordant Literal New Testament, was because of their Translation Principals.

They went back to copies of the Original Greek the NT was written in....no Doctrinal influences allowed....no concensus of popular opinion allowed.

The Word that appears in the Greek....into the English word...every time...no exceptions...

Impressive... a link... http://www.concordant.org/version/html.html

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No doubt.

Universalism has been burned
up by the Word of God.

You cannot redeem yourselves in the afterlife.
John 10:1, John 14:6

No offense, the chap blew away on the last thread imho.

The Universalist verse usage cannot trump what we do have in the preponderance of other clear scripture.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Only reason I suggested the Concordant Literal New Testament, was because of their Translation Principals.

They went back to copies of the Original Greek the NT was written in....no Doctrinal influences allowed....no concensus of popular opinion allowed.

The Word that appears in the Greek....into the English word...every time...no exceptions...

Impressive...
Well then there's other non trinitarian issues that I'm aware of... Jesus' names not Capitalized... son instead of Son, etc.

NIV tampers with identity in their translations.. a problem.

& as far as I know the 1983 version still tampers with eternal in Greek...

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
where it is written that any one is resurrected from the Second Death and reconciled to God.

If the last enemy to be destroyed is death, (1 Cor 15:26), I guess people have got to be resurrected from it, right? And if death is the last of the enemies to be done away with, there cannot be any other enemies around anywhere. So who is roasting endlessly in fiery lakes if there are no enemies left?

Reactions: Tavita
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Formal or informal does not matter.

Are you hearing what they have been saying,
that I have been emphasizing uncontested for several pages?
NOT ONE has said, "no you've got that all wrong".

Read my posts again. I have shown that they are saying there
is ANOTHER WAY to enter into eternal life and reconciliation
with the Father than by the blood of Jesus Christ.

They will never have a case for that in a million years from the Word of God.
Changing the atmosphere will never change that fact.

Prove it.

You have been claiming you have proved all sorts of things. You have been claiming there have been lots of concessions and you "win" by default. You have claimed you have won and always win the debate.

Let's rumble.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, Universalism is nowhere in Scripture. God never talks about any provision but utter banishment from His presence for those who reject Him.

We are either for Him or against Him. Those who are against Him are considered enemies of Christ. Enemies of Christ are promised the same punishment as Satan and his angels.

It is clear cut. Universalism, by its silence, has conceded.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prove it.

You have been claiming you have proved all sorts of things. You have been claiming there have been lots of concessions and you "win" by default. You have claimed you have won and always win the debate.

Let's rumble.
So, you 2 against IAR?

Sounds fair

:|

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

For the Old Testament perhaps another Literal Translation like Youngs?

The Concordant people do not have an OT yet, and it may be many years before it is published if at all...the main problem being that the meanings of some of the ancient hebrew words have been lost forever to man kind.

We got lucky that the NT was written down in one of the first modern Languages...Greek.

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that was no coincidence in Gods sight.

Upvote 0

shepsgirl

Veteran
Sep 21, 2007
✟9,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prove it.

Let's rumble.
Why don't you just pull out the scripture that Nadiine asked for in post 991 so it can just be done and over with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.