The Doctrine of "Universalism" (Christian Universalism or Otherwise) True or False? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
From #931

God is often compared to a loving parent. A loving parent would snatch their child off the street before a car hits 'em. The child might not be too thrilled with having to be yanked off his intended route, but we would not hesitate to say that it is a loving parent -- not an unloving one -- who would do that if it they could.

The loving parent of one family of children isn't responsible for the children of the families down the street or those of the entire neighbourhood.

God's promise of eternal reward is to His own children, the Church. Those of another god are completely outside His provision of reward!

In other words: People who deny the Father and serve self and Satan (literally and by default) are not children of the Family of God, and are strangers to Him. He owes them NOTHING but His wrath.

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

Hello Nadine....I was out shopping with my lovely lady yesterday....and for some reason, I was thinking of how much God shuts up people in disobedience.

We where in a book store and I noticed a book that was written for Adults trying to cope with adolecent females in their family.

The Title was...Coping with Princess [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] Face...

I just laughed out loud when I saw that title......

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello Nadine....I was out shopping with my lovely lady yesterday....and for some reason, I was thinking of how much God shuts up people in disobedience.

We where in a book store and I noticed a book that was written for Adults trying to cope with adolecent females in their family.

The Title was...Coping with Princess [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] Face...

I just laughed out loud when I saw that title......

Why is that funny and why is that pertinent here?

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK.

Although you don't want to engage in a formal debate (and I'm not trying to goad you here), could you tell me what you think is wrong with the parameters?

Anyone else up for it? I am willing to negotiate the specifics of the proposal.

I'll bite if no one else does.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Parameters: "The Holy Scriptures" is the 1769 Authorized Version for the English translation, the Textus Receptus for the Greek New Testament, and the Biblica Hebraica (Leningrad MS B19A) for the Hebrew Old Testament.

Format: Four rounds. Affirmative to post first. One week time between posts.
I mean an alternative proposition to debate. I just tossed one out that I thought fit with the OP back in thread one.
I'm just not into set boundaries & time frames -- it's not my bag.

This is what I meant earlier, I'm not into formal debate. I looked into it when I first got interested in apologetics in 1997 and I honestly didn't want to bother with it all.
It's interesting to some degree -- but it's just beyond how far I care to go.

A note in general- I also think the parameters should always be something that most people/laypersons have or can get their hands on easily.

Reactions: icedtea
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just not into set boundaries & time frames -- it's not my bag.

This is what I meant earlier, I'm not into formal debate. I looked into it when I first got interested in apologetics in 1997 and I honestly didn't want to bother with it all.
It's interesting to some degree -- but it's just beyond how far I care to go.

OK, that's cool.

A note in general- I also think the parameters should always be something that most people/laypersons have or can get their hands on easily.

I used the formal terms for the KJV, the Greek text upon which its translation of the NT was based, and the most readily available Hebrew version of the OT. By using these parameters, I wanted to avoid text variation issues--especially in the NT.

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Formal debate?

Apparently you did not see this. (underlined for you below) And I really do not see how
a "Formal Debate" would change anything. If they couldn't prove that Universalism
isn't ANOTHER GOSPEL here, how would they prove it there? Are they going to
suddenly provide the Scripture we've been asking for there? Not only do I doubt it,
I know that they cannot, as it DOES NOT EXIST.

There is no way to bypass Christ's atonement, pay it yourself and live to be
reconciled to the Father. There is NO Resurrection or ESCAPE AFTER having
been condemned to the Lake of Fire which is the SECOND DEATH. It is not
going to happen.

Have not been there done that. Your Scriptures
were not even close to answering for anyone atoning for themselves in the
Lake of Fire and being resurrected and reconciled to God after that bypassing
Jesus Christ. Which isn't going to happen as God's Word is not going to preach
the opposite of the Gospel. What did Jesus say in John 10:1 and John 14:6?

Formal debate would be fine, but not if you are the judge.
You will have to recuse yourself because of your obvious bias
and lack of knowledge of the Word of God.

Lack of knowledge is secondary to your apparent bias and wouldn't be a
problem without the bias, if you cared to know the truth, but you stated
yourself that you are content in your uncertain state.

But the bias is what makes you unacceptable as judge for
a formal debate on this topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ROFL ^_^^_^^_^

Leave it to you to manipulate to change the proposition. FORGET IT. Here's a thumb for ya:
thumbsdown3.gif

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you did not see this. (underlined for you below) And I really do not see how
a "Formal Debate" would change anything.

I am not proposing to judge it. I am proposing to participate in it.

If they couldn't prove that Universalism
isn't ANOTHER GOSPEL here, how would they prove it there? Are they going to
suddenly provide the Scripture we've been asking for there? Not only do I doubt it,
I know that they cannot, as it DOES NOT EXIST.

The signal to noise ratio in these threads has been pretty high. I am proposing a limited proposition with limited participants in order to focus the issues and the debate.

And, as I said, I am willing to negotiate the proposal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

SpiritDriven

The King James Version is known to have 40,000 errors in it...

The Literal Translations are best...The Most accurately translated Bible in the World is the Concordant Literal New Testament...however many have accussed it of being a Universalist Bible because it shows they have believed in a lie all of their lives, and they can not handle the Truth of correct translation.

Youngs Literal Translation is a good translation, but does not reflect the accuracy of the Concordant, thus innacuracy in Youngs Literal also leads to deception being continued.

The Best way to Go is allow all bibles as a reference source, because even in the most botched versions of the Bibles, the greater body of evidence...still points in the same direction.

Even a free Online Version at this Link http://www.concordant.org/version/html.html

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not interested really. As I said in looking at all of this, if they had anything, they
could have provided it in the past nearly 2000 posts. They don't because they can't.

Universalism IS, as we have shown by the Word of God Another Gospel, preaching
Another Jesus, one that can even be bypassed if they don't like His judgment as well
as can be bypassed through atoning of themselves and by some miracle of themselves
they can be resurrected from the Second Death and give Jesus a snarky look as they
march past Him into Heaven through some "other" door.
:sick:

Give me a break.
:doh:

My prayer is that the Universalists here have heard enough that they will seek the
Lord and read His Word day and night and see that their doctrine is false, so
that they do not teach others this proven heresy and to blaspheme the Cross of Christ.

I am not proposing to judge it. I am proposing to participate in it.

The signal to noise ratio in these threads has been pretty high. I am proposing a limited proposition with limited participants in order to focus the issues and the debate.

And, as I said, I am willing to negotiate the proposal.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The King James Version is known to have 40,000 errors in it...

And the KJV is inferior? Almost all of us in this generation have had the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ made available to us from that very version, and have our salvation in hand because of it!

The Spirit of Truth transcends man's incompetence!

Who in his right mind would actually count minor errors in the text of Scripture? For what purpose? To distract from the knowledge of God? To discount the Truth of any matter? Hmmm...

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not interested really. As I said in looking at all of this, if they had anything, they
could have provided it in the past nearly 2000 posts. They don't because they can't.

Universalism IS, as we have shown by the Word of God Another Gospel, preaching
Another Jesus, one that can even be bypassed if they don't like His judgment as well
as can be bypassed through atoning of themselves and by some miracle of themselves
they can be resurrected from the Second Death and give Jesus a snarky look as they
march past Him into Heaven through some "other" door.
:sick:

Give me a break.
:doh:

My prayer is that the Universalists here have heard enough that they will seek the
Lord and read His Word day and night and see that their doctrine is false, so
that they do not teach others this proven heresy and to blaspheme the Cross of Christ.

OK, I already know you hold your opponents in contempt. No reason to keep on with it.

I take it you are declining the proposal.

Any other takers?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.