The Different Man

P

phaneroo

[2 Kings 2:1-2]; And it came to pass, when the Lord would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal. And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the Lord hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee.

In the book of 2nd Kings, the first place of denial for Elisha was Gilgal. He was first denied at Gilgal, denied at Bethel, Jericho and Jordan. But when he is coming back, he first separates the waters at Jordan, then when he comes to Jericho, the waters were bitter and he makes them sweet. When he comes to Bethel, it is where the 42 boys laugh at him and a bear kills them.

The bible says that after all this had happened, God took Elisha back to Gilgal. Gilgal was the place of denial. I have realized that sometimes like Gilgal, Bethel, Jericho, and Jordan, when the lord crosses over and anoints you, you start from there. You start from that place where you were ashamed. God has to make you triumph from that place again because it is wonderful when you come back and are a different man.

You reach a river, place your staff on the waters and the waters are divided for you to walk through. You reach sour water and command the water to be pure and the water is purified. You go find women that are barren, lay your hands on them and they receive their miracle. At that place where you were defeated, when you come back, you overcome every hurdle.

It is okay if you were denied. You will come back. You just leave them that are laughing at you. Let them talk; let them say everything they have to say. When Jesus did miracles and was shifting from the first dimension to the second dimension, the question was, ‘isn’t this the son of Joseph the Carpenter?’

That is why I have now learnt; when I get defeated, I note it. I say, ‘I will come back.’ I will tell you as the lord lives, I have realized I am going back. Every other day, I am going back. There was a time we would pray for the lame and they failed to walk but now we pray and they walk. There was a time we would pray for cancer patients and they died but now we pray for cancer patients and they receive their healing.

Sometimes you don’t need God to change something in you, sometimes you need God to change the whole of you that when you come back, the guys who actually thought that you are still Jesus the son of Joseph realize that in you there is a another man that was born of the seed of God which was not actually the sperm of Joseph.

Sometimes you need God to change the whole of you that when you come back, the guys who actually thought that you are still Jesus the son of Joseph realize that in you there is a another man that was born of the seed of God which was not actually the sperm of Joseph.

Scripture Reference: 2 Kings 2:23-25, 2 Kings 2:19, John 6:42.