The difference between OT and NT

Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
>I apologize if I have confused the issues in my posting.

No, you don't need to apologize to me.
It's true we all need to understand God's love known as agape.

God's love is unconditional love which is, I think, like mother's love to her children and God loves all children.

However, I am confused myself with God's love and God's wrath in OT, God perished human not only in Sodom and Gomorrah but also in Great Flood near all human.

This is beyond my understanding why God destroyed them whatever the reason was written, and Jesus would ever never do that.

Please don't be confused, I am NOT criticizing God in OT but I am writing about my humble question.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
>I apologize if I have confused the issues in my posting.

No, you don't need to apologize to me.
It's true we all need to understand God's love known as agape.

God's love is unconditional love which is, I think, like mother's love to her children and God loves all children.

However, I am confused myself with God's love and God's wrath in OT, God perished human not only in Sodom and Gomorrah but also in Great Flood near all human.

This is beyond my understanding why God destroyed them whatever the reason was written, and Jesus would ever never do that.

Please don't be confused, I am NOT criticizing God in OT but I am writing about my humble question.

Were they not wicked in Sodom and Gomorrah? Was God not just?

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
>The issue of pork and other ordenances of the law were for sanitary reasons.

It may be so, but Matthew 8:31 shows more than sanitary reason and I think the Jews don't eat pork meat for that reason.

>Paul addressed this in the new testament and Peter also as to the incumberances the Jews were trying to impose on the gentiles that were saved and had received the holy spirit.

It must be in Act 11:1~11:14.
I guess this part suggest four-footed animals as swines and any other animals, however this is a parable about gentile nothing to do with eating pork.
I am sure you understood this.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
>I am confused as to your statement that you don't believe the existance of god as a creator and left nature for us.

I believe in the existence of God as Creator in the past, it's also a logical, otherwise how anyone can explain we are here physically now.

I believe in the Flood caused by God at Noah's age, somewhat.
It could be some kind of parable I don't know.
Do I believe God caused the killer tornadoes in the US. and tsunami in Japan with intention of destroying people?

No, I don't.
Those were accidents cause by Nature created by God and controlled by the rule God left (to Nature.)
Therefore, God has nothing to do with the great number of death as the result of the sever weather.
Therefore, I don't believe God is there to do something for us physically.

Instead, Jesus and Holy Spirit are given to us. (though, actually they created us.)
That's what I know for sure, I'm sorry if it's different from yours, and it's ok, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
>this statement would lead someone to reason that you are influenced by a belief called pantheism in which nature is a spiritual being.

I don't think Nature is a spiritual being.
Nature was created by God, according the Genesis and John 1.

After 6th day, in Genesis, God went for a vacation - a vacant, gone, nothing, nada.

And Jesus came into our heart, whoever believes in Him.

I've writing my belief over and over, however, someone must to be at there to love to smell someone's disobedience to God's taught, he he, just kidding.

I am an agnostic Christian, I think.
I believe the Bible tells truth and the science tries to do the same, I just don't know somewhat, somehow what God meant and what the Bible is trying to tell me, it's just a honest opinion, and the science we have now is not so perfect as the Bible.
The Bible is a perfect being, in my heart.
In my brain...is such a mess, just kidding!^^

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What does the Bible teach about clean and unclean meats?
Does the New Testament Abolish Meat Distinctions? | United Church of God

An interesting article

I don't know if I'd label that church a Christian one.

UCG statement of beliefs said:
We believe in the commanded observance of the seven annual Holy Days given to ancient Israel by God and kept by Jesus Christ, the apostles and the New Testament Church.

They aren't trinitarian (at least how I read it) either.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
>this statement would lead someone to reason that you are influenced by a belief called pantheism in which nature is a spiritual being.

I don't think Nature is a spiritual being.
Nature was created by God, according the Genesis and John 1.

After 6th day, in Genesis, God went for a vacation - a vacant, gone, nothing, nada.

And Jesus came into our heart, whoever believes in Him.

I've writing my belief over and over, however, someone must to be at there to love to smell someone's disobedience to God's taught, he he, just kidding.

I am an agnostic Christian, I think.
I believe the Bible tells truth and the science tries to do the same, I just don't know somewhat, somehow what God meant and what the Bible is trying to tell me, it's just a honest opinion, and the science we have now is not so perfect as the Bible.
The Bible is a perfect being, in my heart.
In my brain...is such a mess, just kidding!^^

God didn't leave the world as you are claiming (gone, nada?)!!! The only reason the world keeps going is because of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a believer with brain, just like Holy Spirit tell me, didn't it tell you so?

I reason in a logical way, yes, but do I trust my reason over God's word? Absolutely not, He is infallible and perfect (and so is His word) but I am nothing but a fallen creature with a deceitful heart. In matters of eternity, my reason cannot always be trusted.

I believe God over my doubts and I trust His word over my feelings.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
agnosticism [(ag- nos -tuh-siz-uhm)]

A denial of knowledge about whether there is or is not a God. An agnostic insists that it is impossible to prove that there is no God and impossible to prove that there is one.

Agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief.
In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves there is a God, whereas an atheist disbelieves there is a God.
If any one doesn't know the existence of God, how he/she can disbelieve God?
In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify knowledge whether God exists or does not. Within agnosticism there are agnostic atheists (who do not believe any deity exists, but do not deny it as a possibility) and agnostic theists (who believe a God exists but do not claim to know that).

I've never met God.
I honestly could not say I know God.
However, I believe in the Bible in my heart and I hope that my heart is with God's heart, and yours too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I reason in a logical way, yes, but do I trust my reason over God's word? Absolutely not, He is infallible and perfect (and so is His word) but I am nothing but a fallen creature with a deceitful heart. In matters of eternity, my reason cannot always be trusted.

I believe God over my doubts and I trust His word over my feelings.

If you are talking about God = Jesus, I am with you.

Upvote 0

Peacedove

May 22, 2010
UK
✟7,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first time I read through the whole bible rather than concentrating on the NT I was surprised at how much of the NT there is in the OT. I do not think they contradict each other but compliment each other. There are the old Levitical laws in the OT which Jesus came to fulfil so they were finished but the ten commandments remain etc. If you look for negatives you will find negatives but I think you will find much more reward when you start to look for positives in the bible.

Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2011
Columbia, NC.
✟15,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first time I read through the whole bible rather than concentrating on the NT I was surprised at how much of the NT there is in the OT. I do not think they contradict each other but compliment each other. There are the old Levitical laws in the OT which Jesus came to fulfil so they were finished but the ten commandments remain etc. If you look for negatives you will find negatives but I think you will find much more reward when you start to look for positives in the bible.

That is my point too.
The Bible is a mirror of a heat, you can read and understand any way you like.
Right or Wrong, only God can tell.

Jesus never denied OT.
Why should I?

My question is a legitimate question, I don't get answer from Holy Spirit yet.
Is any one at there can answer?
Judaism believe in OT, yet don't believe in NT.
Why?

What's the difference?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacedove

May 22, 2010
UK
✟7,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is my point too.
The Bible is a mirror of a heat, you can read and understand any way you like.
Wrong or right, only God can tell.

Jesus never denied OT.
Why should I?

My question is a legitimate question, I don't get answer from Holy Spirit yet.
Is any one at there can answer?
Judaism believe in OT, yet don't believe in NT.
Why?

What's the difference?

The only reason christianity exists is because the Jews did not accept Jesus as Messiah. If they had done then there would have been no need for God to adopt the gentiles into His family.
If you do not think Jehovah in the OT is the same God as refered to in the rest of the bible then who do you think it is referring to? It would appear to me you have been given the answer but because it does not agree with yours you are rejecting it.

Upvote 0