Visit site
✟15,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
People are free to make a choice when presented with Christ, to believe or not believe. Out of the thousands i presented Christ to only four decided to ask Christ for salvation that i know of.

MATTHEW 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

You are making a difference, not many make a choice for Christ. Their decision is up to them, all you can do is tell of Christ and the salvation He gives and pray for them.

JOHN 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

If you're not saved today you can use the words below as a guide.

“Dear God, I am a sinner. I’m sorry for my sin. I ask you Christ that you please forgive me"

If you have just asked or asked in the past, A pastor from a Christian Church will help you and go to Sunday school.

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The best thing to do is to read your Bible, front to back, several times for the knowledge, understanding, and wisdom of the truth of Gods word. A Preacher is a man, and he is not always right, especially when it comes to the truth of Gods word. The Bible will never fail you.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The best thing to do is to read your Bible, front to back, several times for the knowledge, understanding, and wisdom of the truth of Gods word. A Preacher is a man, and he is not always right, especially when it comes to the truth of Gods word. The Bible will never fail you.
You ignore that most preacher are called by God to teach and most have had a lot of study in God's word, But i guess we don't need those called by God after all a person can read on there own and understand just as well. For that matter why do we need college or on job training just give them a book right. Then you also ignore the great commission to go out and preach the word to the world.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When listening to preachers, you can tell who was called. The rest just went.

Don't defend all. You have heard these preachers too. You know what I'm saying is true.
That is why i say most were called and did not say all.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You ignore that most preacher are called by God to teach and most have had a lot of study in God's word, But i guess we don't need those called by God after all a person can read on there own and understand just as well. For that matter why do we need college or on job training just give them a book right. Then you also ignore the great commission to go out and preach the word to the world.
I agree with your sentiment to an extent. The only disagreement is there are people from different Christian backgrounds have their colleges for their people they call from, from RC to Lutheran to baptist to Eastern churches,etc. in this extent, there is no consistency

However, the church should not be interpreting per individuality of your personal reading. There should be a pastor/priest teaching.

The effect of the evangelical movement is felt in my own life where I fail at even this. Yes, it's a sense of a sin for us to be individuals determining what Scripture means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear ddrgkd. To follow Jesus my Lord, is my greatest decision. In Matthew 22:35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it:
love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. Everything we say and do, must be from love and compassion, no wrong accusations, neither lies or unloving words. Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us " ask and you shall receive," here we ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour
will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," we give up all enmity and wrong behaviour, and start being loving and caring, and give the helping hand where needed. God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us.
A Christian`s weapon is kindness and loving behaviour, and love is catching. We will find that people treat us the same as we treat people. We decide which way to go, follow Jesus or find our own way, which will always lead into OUTER DARKNESS. I say this with love, ddrgkd. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agreed with those guys who said that it is better to read Bible from page to page number of times in order to understand salvation of GOD.

And even better to study Bible seriously in order to understand and other many things that the Bible gives to us for our benefit, godly life, and salvation of the soul.

But I would say also, that majority of Christians, practically of all denominations, learn very little about Bible and its principals and ideals, because they are preferred only to listen and not to read or to make a deep study of it. For them to listen someone’s meaningless preaching ones on Sunday is enough.

And this is why that immature and lazy people learned only slogans of the Bible and the church doctrines and nothing else, and always replied by cliché’s they heard in the church.

On this issue I would like to improvise a little and say this:

NOT BY THE SLOGANS ALONE MAN CAN LIVE, BUT BY FULFILLING AND OBEY EVERY WORD AND COMMAND OF GOD THAT RECORDED IN THE HOLY BOOK.

For example “We saved by Jesus Christ” it is a slogan, which generally describes salvation given to us.

But what about conditions and requirement that the same GOD Who saved us imposed on us in order to get this salvation?

Matthew 10.37-38

37.He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38.And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.(Matthew 10.37-38, 16.24) (Mark 8.34) (Luke 9.23, 14.26-27.33)

Matthew 19.16-17

16.And one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"

17.And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One Who is good, but if you wish to enter into life, keep the Сommandments."

Luke 9.24

24.For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for My sake will save it.

Luke 18.29-30

29.And He said to them, “Truly I tell you, there is no one who was left house or wife or brother or parents or children for the sake of the Kingdom of GOD,

30.who will not get back very much more in this age and in the age to come, eternal life.”

And many other statements like this indicate conditions and requirements of salvation and not just slogans alone, no one can be saved who relies purely on the slogans of the Bible. Slogans of the Bible are general terms, and must be always presented with their conditions and requirements.

But Hypocrites usually say, “We saved by the grace of the Lord” and they thought that this is enough and nothing else is needed for salvation, but they ignoring the fact that the grace of the Lord revealed itself in His Statutes and in His commandments, and those who obey and follow them, truly will be saved.

Upvote 0