The debacle that is the obama presidency...

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The blue line is the precentage change in GDP growth for each quarter in the early 80s. The red line is the average GDP growth from 1947-2009. When RR took office in early 1981, GDP growth was + 8%. For the next 6 quarters, GDP growth was largely in negative territory. The turnaround didn't come until early 1983. How much RR's tax cuts helped it is still debated. But there's little debate that there were also record high deficits for that time.

Early-80s_recession.jpg

BTW: I'm no huge fan of Pres. O. But what was the alternative? The wrinkly old white dude and the Tina Fey lookalike? Whatever misteps Pres. O. may have made, the best man still got the job.

How revealing. No conservatives can fight with facts, so they cling to their usual rhetoric and sense of self-righteous. Because of their usual walking points, its hard to take them serious, but you gotta do it since they are all we have to debate.

And as dry as it might sound, Obama is a weak and mediocre at best...but like what jayem said.....would you want McCain and e...r.....Palin..ticket?
Nooooooo..........

Let's just keep that to ourselves and live with what we've got..(that is Obama)

Upvote 0

mcswan

Oct 18, 2007
Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
would you want McCain and e...r.....Palin..ticket?
Nooooooo..........

No I wouldn't want a President McCain - Vice President Palin administration, and that's why I didn't vote Republican in 2008 (I didn't vote Democratic either.)

If the ticket had been President Palin - Vice President McCain, I would have enthusiastically voted for that ticket!:p:p:p:p:p

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He should take the majority of the blame because he is at the Helm as President. He's made things worse, starting with obamacare deform bill. He has not helped middle class Americans, or any Americans for that matter. Even people who voted for him regret it, did you watch that Town hall meeting? That lady asking obama if this is her new reality? obama deserves the majority of the blame if not all.
Many, including myself, are disappointed in Obama for running on reform, yet using the exact same people and policies as before. But the thing is that given the choice between someone who talks reform yet continues with business as usual and someone who promises business as usual (for all the rhetoric the Tea Party message is really just business as usual) I'll hold my nose and choose the former.

If you doubt that the Tea Party message is business as usual I challange you to find any substantive difference between the Tea Party and every national Republican candidate for the past few decades.

As far as the lady who told Obama she was disappointed in him she is still supporting him. Her complaint is that he is running Bush's 3rd term. If you think for a moment that disappointment in Obama translates into Republican support you are are severly mistaken. Most of the disappointment stems from either Obama acting too much like a Repubican or compromising too much with Republicans. That hardly speaks wel for Republicans.

Upvote 0

mcswan

Oct 18, 2007
Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most of the disappointment stems from either Obama acting too much like a Repubican or compromising too much with Republicans. That hardly speaks wel for Republicans.

You have an amazing capacity for self deception.

Upvote 0

YoungJoonKim

Dec 8, 2005
✟16,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No I wouldn't want a President McCain - Vice President Palin administration, and that's why I didn't vote Republican in 2008 (I didn't vote Democratic either.)

If the ticket had been President Palin - Vice President McCain, I would have enthusiastically voted for that ticket!:p:p:p:p:p

I will just cover my eyes with one hand and vote with the other hand.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Many, including myself, are disappointed in Obama for running on reform, yet using the exact same people and policies as before. But the thing is that given the choice between someone who talks reform yet continues with business as usual and someone who promises business as usual (for all the rhetoric the Tea Party message is really just business as usual) I'll hold my nose and choose the former.

If you doubt that the Tea Party message is business as usual I challange you to find any substantive difference between the Tea Party and every national Republican candidate for the past few decades.

As far as the lady who told Obama she was disappointed in him she is still supporting him. Her complaint is that he is running Bush's 3rd term. If you think for a moment that disappointment in Obama translates into Republican support you are are severly mistaken. Most of the disappointment stems from either Obama acting too much like a Repubican or compromising too much with Republicans. That hardly speaks wel for Republicans.

The Tea Party is not a Republican movement, they are against your typical RINOs. obama is just frustrated that the Tea Parties don't bow down to him and his agendas.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Tea Party is not a Republican movement, they are against your typical RINOs. obama is just frustrated that the Tea Parties don't bow down to him and his agendas.

The Tea Party are a bunch of (often unwitting) corporate quislings.

They bow and scrape before the very same corporations that brought you George Bush and Barack Obama.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
The Tea Party are a bunch of (often unwitting) corporate quislings.

They bow and scrape before the very same corporations that brought you George Bush and Barack Obama.

Sorry, but I just don't think that Ralph Nader is the answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but I just don't think that Ralph Nader is the answer.

We need another Teddy Roosevelt. Someone who has a pair, is tough but pragmatic on the world stage, a staunch advocate for the common man.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Tea Party claims not to be a Repubican movement. But the fact is that its darlings are all Republicans. It's rallies are funded by Republicans. It's message is nearly completely inline with Republicans. The only distinction is that supposedly the Tea Party means what they say...as if we haven't that song and dance before.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Tea Party movent will die by 2012 as the Tea Party candidates that get elected continue with business as usual. Tea Party populism is a good way to get elected, but, as they say, the proof is in the pudding.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have no doubt in my mind that the Tea Party movent will die by 2012 as the Tea Party candidates that get elected continue with business as usual. Tea Party populism is a good way to get elected, but, as they say, the proof is in the pudding.

If the Tea Party ever became a serious threat to corporate control in America, its leaders would end up right next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Upvote 0

DuneSoldier

Apr 22, 2010
✟15,802.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Why?

Upvote 0

mcswan

Oct 18, 2007
Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Sarah Palin, though inexperienced on the national level, has the conservative instincts necessary for America's continued greatness.

An even better ticket would be Michele Bachmann/Sarah Palin:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
expect the excuse "the teapartydunit" as how the democrats explain their November disaster. they didn't actually "lose". the GOP lost because the teapartydunit. it doesn't have to make sense, we're talking about liberals with an enormous capacity for self delusion.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
expect the excuse "the teapartydunit" as how the democrats explain their November disaster. they didn't actually "lose". the GOP lost because the teapartydunit. it doesn't have to make sense, we're talking about liberals with an enormous capacity for self delusion.

No matter who wins, we lose.

Upvote 0

DuneSoldier

Apr 22, 2010
✟15,802.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sarah Palin, though inexperienced on the national level, has the conservative instincts necessary for America's continued greatness.

An even better ticket would be Michele Bachmann/Sarah Palin:clap:

I'm not sure what you mean by conservative instincts. Could you explain a bit more please?

Like what they are and what she has?

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure what you mean by conservative instincts. Could you explain a bit more please?

Like what they are and what she has?

She can rail against liberals, talk in a down-home folksy sort of way, smile pretty, and she can shoot wolves from a helicopter.

By today's standards, she's in like Flynn. That's all the resumé some think you need to run an industrial superpower.

Upvote 0