Jade Margery

Stranger in a strange land
Oct 29, 2008
✟12,415.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
To tell you the truth, I don't understand why you've bothered posting this at all. If you told your wife about your personal issues and she DIDN'T understand, then I could see why you would post this on a forum, Christian or otherwise.

But what's the problem? You have these feelings and issues, you haven't been able to suppress or overcome them, you told your wife and she was nothing but loving and understanding. Quite frankly, the only people who need to be involved are you and your wife. Your wife is okay with you, so no problem.

So what is the issue? Why the postings?

Why -shouldn't- he post? I mean, here's a very public thread on a very public forum discussing something that is a significant issue in his life, with a number of people condemning it out of hand. I would certainly speak up under such circumstances and I imagine you would too.

As to the subject at hand, I think it's an unfair double standard that women can totally wear men's clothes without anybody blinking but men don't enjoy the same luxury. And I don't just mean pants--a girl can wear her boyfriend's boxers or underwear to bed, or throw on a tux and fedora for a special occasion, and no one would mind... in fact, for a lot of guys it would be a turn on.

On the other hand, the battle against public opinion for the freedom to wear whatever we want was a long and successful battle in feminism. Perhaps men need to take a similar step towards normalizing the idea of wearing traditionally women's clothing?

Although I enjoy a lot of masculine activities, I always wear skirts--they are just so comfy and they feel nice against my legs. Why shouldn't a guy be able to do the same?

Upvote 0

moorronnie

Apr 9, 2011
✟15,193.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
To tell you the truth, I don't understand why you've bothered posting this at all. If you told your wife about your personal issues and she DIDN'T understand, then I could see why you would post this on a forum, Christian or otherwise.

But what's the problem? You have these feelings and issues, you haven't been able to suppress or overcome them, you told your wife and she was nothing but loving and understanding. Quite frankly, the only people who need to be involved are you and your wife. Your wife is okay with you, so no problem.

So what is the issue? Why the postings?

Good question, but I thought I already answered that.

Upvote 0

FreeSpirit74

Contra Dancing Pagan Warrior
Mar 15, 2006
Troy, NY temporarily displaced to Schenectady, NY
Visit site
✟11,834.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That surprises me. I guess I've never heard of guys wearing skirts for dancing. How do people react to this?

No one has any problem with it. Just as no one has any problem with us women asking the men to be our dance partners, plus I have danced/socialized with many a married/in-a-relationship man without getting dragged out into the parking lot and having the %*^& beaten out of me by his jealous girlfriend/wife (jealousy, possessiveness and insecurity have no place in the folk dance community - I even know of a couple dancers who practice polyamory). It's just part of the Eastern US folk dance culture. Of course, I see it more with the New England dancers; the New York State male dancers seem to abhore it, but they don't point and make fun when they do see it. It's perfectly accepted. You either "get it" or you don't, and the ones who don't tend to not be a part of the contra/folk dance world.

Upvote 0

Tergle

Mar 29, 2011
✟939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you in the wrong thread?

Am I? I thought I was in this one:

the dangers of crossdressing
it has been brought to my attention that, according to the bible, crossdressing is an abomination. though i find that the only dangers of crossdressing come from those who oppose it. i myself have had great joy in donning a nice dress and stilettos, entertaining those at a party with my attempt to navigate carpet in women's dress shoes. somehow i doubt that, be there a god, he would oppose the smiles brought to my friends as a result of crossdressing

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you in the wrong thread?

Tergi said:

Yes you are. This thread is about crossdressing. You are talking about transgender, which is completely different.

Crossdressing, as per the subject of this thread, is about the wearing of clothing traditionally associtated with the opposite gender. Crossdressing does not necessarily insinuate wearing for the purposes of emulating the opposite gender. Crossdressing could be, as Jade Margery has pointed out, be the wearing of skirts by men for dancing. It doesn't mean that the men are trying to be women. It's just that one article of clothing.

Or it could be about the topic of women wearing pants, suits etc. Yes, crossdressing could be about a male in complete drag or a woman in a tuxedo and a mans style short hair cut. But it doesn't have to be.

Transgenderism is about a man or woman emulating completely the opposite gender. All transgenders are crossdressers, but not all crossdressers are transgenders.

So yes, you are in the wrong thread confusing 2 different issues. Please stick to the topic.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes you are. This thread is about crossdressing. You are talking about transgender, which is completely different.

Crossdressing, as per the subject of this thread, is about the wearing of clothing traditionally associtated with the opposite gender. Crossdressing does not necessarily insinuate wearing for the purposes of emulating the opposite gender. Crossdressing could be, as Jade Margery has pointed out, be the wearing of skirts by men for dancing. It doesn't mean that the men are trying to be women. It's just that one article of clothing.

Or it could be about the topic of women wearing pants, suits etc. Yes, crossdressing could be about a male in complete drag or a woman in a tuxedo and a mans style short hair cut. But it doesn't have to be.

Transgenderism is about a man or woman emulating completely the opposite gender. All transgenders are crossdressers, but not all crossdressers are transgenders.

So yes, you are in the wrong thread confusing 2 different issues. Please stick to the topic.

He knows the difference, I'm sure. Just trying to incite a flame war. As usual. :doh:

Upvote 0

moorronnie

Apr 9, 2011
✟15,193.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Everything is tolerable up until a man goes into the women's bathroom thinking his personal feelings about wanting to be a woman makes him a woman.

I agree. Even though a man/woman is transgendered I think they should stick to the bathroom that there biological gender represents. Though I must admit it can make for an awkward experience either way, so perhaps the gender neutral/family bathrooms are a better idea.

Crossdressing is a transgendered behavior; however, I don't think most crossdressers are transgendered, but none of these terms seem to have consistent well defined definitions.

Upvote 0

moorronnie

Apr 9, 2011
✟15,193.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

The word completely is not necessarily true. A transgendered person doesn't have to emulate every aspect of the opposite gender to be considered transgendered. Being transgendered has just as much to do with how a person feels as it does what they actually do. But like I said it's not well defined.

Other than that I agree: this guy is in the wrong thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Crossdressing is a transgendered behavior; however, I don't think most crossdressers are transgendered, but none of these terms seem to have consistent well defined definitions.

The first part of this post is wrong. "Crossdressing" does not necessarily have to do anything with "transgender". I have x rayed jockeys that fell off their horses, wearing pantyhose.

The jockey, not the horse. :p The hosiery is very common for horse riders to stop chaffing. Technically, crossdressing but nothing to do with transgender. I myself have worn tights, at my wifes's suggestion btw, plenty of times for the cold. Again, nothing to do with me being transgender. As Jade Margery said, men in New England wearing skirts whilst dancing because they are cooler than pants. The same reason robes are worn in Middle Eastern cultures, or sarongs in Malaysia for both men and women.

One article of clothing that technically is crossdressing is not transgender.

Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Oct 29, 2008
✟12,415.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Er, not that I want to correct you BlackSabb, but I wasn't the one who sad that. Also, I'm sure Moorronnie knows crossdressing doesn't necessarily involve transgender, as evidenced by the second part of his sentence. His post was kind of like saying 'all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares'. Which is in complete agreement with yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You people are all pathetic! Strangling yourself with a bra? Haven't you learnt anything from serial killers? The choice of clothing for strangling is pantyhose.

:p

And for good reason. You can put a pair on your head, rob a bank, put them on your legs and jump on a horse and ride for hours making a getaway without suffering chaffing. Then take them off and strangle someone. Apparently, there are even moisturising ones. Keeps your legs soft and supple while riding, keeps your hands smooth as you strangle.

Terrific product really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mling
Upvote 0

Jade Margery

Oct 29, 2008
✟12,415.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And for good reason. You can put a pair on your head, rob a bank, put them on your legs and jump on a horse and ride for hours making a getaway without suffering chaffing. Then take them off and strangle someone. Apparently, there are even moisturising ones. Keeps your legs soft and supple while riding, keeps your hands smooth as you strangle.

Terrific product really.

Almost as good as a towel!

Upvote 0

moorronnie

Apr 9, 2011
✟15,193.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The first part of this post is wrong. "Crossdressing" does not necessarily have to do anything with "transgender". I have x rayed jockeys that fell off their horses, wearing pantyhose.

The jockey, not the horse. :p The hosiery is very common for horse riders to stop chaffing. Technically, crossdressing but nothing to do with transgender. I myself have worn tights, at my wifes's suggestion btw, plenty of times for the cold. Again, nothing to do with me being transgender. As Jade Margery said, men in New England wearing skirts whilst dancing because they are cooler than pants. The same reason robes are worn in Middle Eastern cultures, or sarongs in Malaysia for both men and women.

One article of clothing that technically is crossdressing is not transgender.

I agree; what I meant was that crossdressing is a behavior that transgendered people usually do. I wasn't saying that if you crossdress then you are transgendered... that goes completely against what I believe.

Upvote 0